Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2017 1:06:21 AM EDT
Ok, so I currently have a Hogue free float tube style forend on my 6.5 Grendel.  It's a great forend for most uses but it's one of the earlier models that has no place to attach anything and I've found that I really want to add a bipod to it and have the option of adding a light.  I looked at the new model Hogue with the slots to attach stuff but it's now just too heavy and I definitely don't want to make my rifle even heavier.  I was just about to buy a Midwest Industries 3GM Series Free Float Gen 3 M-LOK handguard because it was on sale for $160 and it literally went off sale as I was typing in my information to pay for it. ACK!!! The new price is $180 and that's just too much to fit my budget.  Anywho, I need something in the 12-13" midlength size, free float and preferably M-LOK or even the regular bolt on kind but absolutely no quad rails.  I may end up searching for a used one on the EE or Ebay or something but I'm hoping there's a new choice out there, in my budget, that I haven't seen yet and you guys have.

What do you all recommend?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a UTG, They are fairly inexpensive and lots of people use them.
I'm not really crazy about them because they aren't threaded onto the barrel nut and attach with screws.  MI and YH thread onto the barrel nut and the slack taken out by set screws.
I'm not crazy about the "cheese grater" forearms but a sorry old turd that used to be here got me to using the rubber "ladder covers" on those rails.
They work fine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my YHM, small 1 1/2" looks boxed but it's not, I like the feel. Don't think u can get a can under it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top