Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2016 7:50:11 PM EDT
Wife has to go there in January. What can she expect weatherwise and are there any issues with that town?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Decent little town, January normally see's highs in the mid 40's and below freezing at night.  But weather is so variable anything is possible, 70's during the day or ice or snow storms on the other end.  Just like winter most places you have to be prepared for anything, but on average Oklahoma doesn't get much snow, if it does snow its usually off the streets in a day or so.  
View Quote

Thanks. I envisioned OK as having a lot of snow and sub freezing weather at that time.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most winters it will only snow 2 or 3 times over the winter season, most of the time the streets are completely clear within 24 hours.  We do get a bad winter every few years, but the next year its back to the normal pattern.

One note though, we don't get that much snow or the occasional freezing rain, most people in this part of the country don't know how to drive in that stuff so driving in that is pretty risky, wait it out or call a cab.

View Quote
Yup. Lots of idiots. A lot of people drive as usual and end up sliding through intersections or off the road. Then there's some people with 4x4's that have the mentality of "I don't have to slow down, I have 4x4! Gee Gee"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top