Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2016 12:35:41 PM EDT
I've been surprised the last couple of times I went to Academy; one of which was yesterday. Ammo stacked to the brim. I was sure panic buying would start last week; maybe it will tomorrow.

In contrast SG ammo out of Stillwater is pretty much cleaned out of a lot of things.
At any rate there are some good deals at Academy I wanted to pass along. 20 rounds of Monarch 7.62x39 on sale for 4.99 a box. Made by barnaul. They have 50 rounds of Monarch .40 brass case for 12.99.
I remember back in 2008 I was walking through Atwoods and they had a whole shelf of .22LR Wildcat for 1.99 a box. I thought to myself how cheap it was and got it while the gettin was good. I bought a spam can of Russian 7.62X54R for about $100 a couple of years
ago and now they are selling for closer to the 140 or 150 mark. I have the same feelings about the 7.62x39 that I did about the 22. Especially since we are so dependent on Russian imports of it to keep the price low. I think now is the time to stack it deep.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at Academy this evening just before 6. All of the monarch brass case 223 was gone but there was plenty of Win., Rem., and Federal. They still had a fair bit of 22LR as well. I picked up 500 rounds of CCi SV This week and a smidgin of 45 ACP and 223.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday, Academy had 1400 round buckets of .22 for $79 which ended up being .06/round after taxes.  They're behind the gun counter by the rifles.  Several locations had them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yesterday, Academy had 1400 round buckets of .22 for $79 which ended up being .06/round after taxes.  They're behind the gun counter by the rifles.  Several locations had them.
View Quote
Not too bad. Would be a great way to play catch up.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hopefully the 22 shortages are over or will be soon.
View Quote

Heck with republican president and a GOP majority everywhere else, the ammo should be half price or free!!!

FREE AMMO FOR EVERYONE!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Heck with republican president and a GOP majority everywhere else, the ammo should be half price or free!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Commie

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Commie

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Commie

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Commie

The Gulag guys will be stopping by, pack a bag!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Starting to see ammos everywhere!!!

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought about getting a part time gig at at sporting goods store. Academy. Just to get the employee discount.

I always assumed places like that could use extra help around the holiday season.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top