[#2]
Thanks for posting Wingman
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At the end he abandons the truck and the cover it provides, it looks like he just decided to go out in a blaze of stupidity, essentially suicide by cop.  Not the brightest move, but he didn't have the courage to stand up and pay for what he did, he would probably get the death penalty anyway, save the state some money, not counting the fortune this manhunt cost the state.
There were some mighty courageous OHP troopers involved in that shootout.

View Quote
I agree. You could very well be correct about him deciding to go out in a blaze of stupidity. It looked to me like he put the truck in neutral so it would roll towards the cruiser, maybe as a distraction, as he continued to use it as cover for a while and held the same ground. Like standing back from cover to minimize your profile. Not sure if the plan was to slip into a field when the mags were emptied or what. (Helicopter night vision would have kept eyes on him) It's hard to tell what someone with his mental state was thinking.
Either way he was a dangerous individual that left a wake of destruction. Kudos to the officers that didn't back off. I've never seen a chase like that before; an officer pulling out a rifle at high speeds and shooting through his windshield.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At the end he abandons the truck and the cover it provides, it looks like he just decided to go out in a blaze of stupidity, essentially suicide by cop.  Not the brightest move, but he didn't have the courage to stand up and pay for what he did, he would probably get the death penalty anyway, save the state some money, not counting the fortune this manhunt cost the state.

There were some mighty courageous OHP troopers involved in that shootout.
View Quote

I am especially impressed by the chopper crew. They were going to fly that chopper into the ground before they were going to quit. They were out of fuel once it was done and had to land at the site and wait for it to be delivered. You can see the rotor wash in one of the videos. Cut it outrageously close.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Back when I was a Deputy I flew the plane for Pott County Sheriff's Dept, I worked extensively with Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics, I flew with them quite a bit, they used to sit on their bullet resistant vests to protect them from bullets fired from the ground, I wonder if the OHP pilots sit on vests also?  I used to know some of their pilots but never asked them about that, or noticed when I looked at their choppers or planes, they flew both.
View Quote

Lol, flyin Huey style.

That guy couldn't have picked a worse place for a gun fight- no where to run or hide and the law enforcement could engage freely.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Looked to me like a Vortex on that AR. What made me cringe was his ears are probably still ringing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top