Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2016 8:12:42 PM EDT
We aren't working Sunday and are thinking of going to this gun show. It's advertised as 1200 tables. Is it that big and is it a good show?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's the Hall of Fame show you are referring to at the fairgrounds don't waste your time. Pops and I went today and it's not even half of that. Everything was overpriced.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i agree, BUT... Metcalf has sold his shows to a married couple, there has been  1 "new improved" Metcalf show by the  new owners but i didn't go, and didn't hear people praising it to the moon.
one thing a friend noticed, there was no ads on TV for the Metcalf show.

MAYBE money saved will trickle down.......nah.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't gone to a single show since they started charging $10..$12...$14...........just to get in the door.  It's been 3 years now, maybe longer and I have no plans to ever go again.  Too much to get in, too much overpriced stuff and too much unrelated crap taking up space.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses. Decided to go anyway. A bad day at a gunshow is always better than a good day at work. A lot of non gun related items and several tables empty. Met some people and talked guns and politics.

Oh and let's just say the AK, M1 Garand and the ammo market was worth the trip.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top