Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2016 12:48:10 PM EDT
Hey OK boys! Tell me about Beaver's Bend/Broken Bow. Wife wants to spend a night up there this weekend. Cabin rental, good eats, etc...

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I stayed at Sundown Cabins about 5 years ago. Beautiful area. I would highly recommend that place. The cabins were nicer than the house I was living in at the time. Hot tub on the porch, washer and dryer, TVs in each room, fireplace.

There was a place right down the road from the cabins called "Girls Gone Wine". Wine tasting, etc. Your wife would probably like that.

Also drove through some kind of state park. Deer practically will walk right past your vehicle and almost come up to you if you get out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
We stayed in February I want to say. Seems like it was half price during winter months or something like that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
one of the most beautiful places on earth in the fall and spring. enjoy the lake and the Sasquatches.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've driven through the area, it's one of the most beautiful areas in Oklahoma.  Reminds me of western Arkansas, lots of green.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
We stayed at the State hotel, nice clean place, the area is very nice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Been there once, early this year, for fly fishing. Caught a couple of trout. The river was totally ravaged by the floods - trees snapped by the hundreds and waterways re-routed destroying man-made and natural habitat left and right. There used to be a fly shop (hole-in-the-wall for last minute items) but it went downstream too. Still very beautiful and rugged scenery. I'd LOVE to spend some serious time there this fall/winter/spring. Saw a few Bald Eagles too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
if you like to trout fish or Fly Fish, I know a very good guide.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't speed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top