Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm 6'3" and weigh 225 currently.
Don't talk to me about physical confrontation. I'm no stranger to it.
Regardless common sense dictates  a 145 lb woman cannot effectively handle a 300 lb man in a physical confrontation without a weapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a woman had no place facing a man weighing twice as much as she does.

So, just assuming you're an average American height of 5'10'', that would put your weight between 150ish (small frame) to 180 (large frame), that is, if you're at a healthy weight. You're telling me you would feel comfortable taking on someone the size of a football lineman, or larger?

Regardless common sense dictates  a 145 lb woman cannot effectively handle a 300 lb man in a physical confrontation without a weapon.

No need to get snappy about it, but your point is mute. We are the same height, but you have a little more on me with weight, I can tell you I wouldn't choose to have a physical confrontation with a 300+ lb. male when I have other resources available. That would ultimately be the last choice and even then I would want backup for help. Not sure if you took the time to read the article hotdog posted a little earlier from a female officer.. great insight to how an officer views that situation and what someone on PCP is like. They are basically unstoppable. You know, there are people out there, including women, who can handle themselves and are trained in the likes of jiu-jitsu or aikido..
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, just assuming you're an average American height of 5'10'', that would put your weight between 150ish (small frame) to 180 (large frame), that is, if you're at a healthy weight. You're telling me you would feel comfortable taking on someone the size of a football lineman, or larger?

so.. is it the 145 lbs, or the woman that "can't handle it"?

would (has) a 145 lb male do the same thing?

maybe it's "145 lb people have no place in LE?"

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 5'3, 87 pounds.. but I have moves like a ninja.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
a Ninja Turtle? without the Ninja part?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, if you say so.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top