Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2016 6:55:15 PM EDT
I have an astigmatism that makes all red dots look like backslashes making them extremely hard to use. I'd like to look at a dual illuminated RMR and see if it would help but I can't find anyone within 2 hours of me selling them that has them in stock. If someone has one I could just look through I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an astigmatism that makes all red dots look like backslashes making them extremely hard to use. I'd like to look at a dual illuminated RMR and see if it would help but I can't find anyone within 2 hours of me selling them that has them in stock. If someone has one I could just look through I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
View Quote

I have one attached to my ACOG on my Colt LE920 and one on my S&W 629 V-Comp.  If you're in the OKC area you can look through them or shoot them, either one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one attached to my ACOG on my Colt LE920 and one on my S&W 629 V-Comp.  If you're in the OKC area you can look through them or shoot them, either one.
View Quote

That would be awesome, thank you! I don't even need to shoot them as I'll know right away if it's gonna work just by looking. I'll IM you and see if I can find a time that's convenient for you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That would be awesome, thank you! I don't even need to shoot them as I'll know right away if it's gonna work just by looking. I'll IM you and see if I can find a time that's convenient for you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem, happy to help.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in same situation as you. One solution is to use a prism scope.

I'm thinking about trying out the Vortex Spitfire. Its 1x and a prism..
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have astigmatism and I have no problems with the RMR.  Although, I doubt one astigmatism is the same as another.  I haven't had any issues with my RMR's or my Vortex Strikefire.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Lasik is the best optic you can get.  Corrects astigmatism
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You still need to check out that RMR?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My right eye is pretty good, not much astigmatism and better vision. My left eye (dominant) has a much worse astigmatism and much worse vision. I've wondered if I could get just one eye lasered.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometime, I'm pretty tied up right now though teaching an EMR class after work and don't have any free time. I probably won't have a day free till sometime in September. If you have a deal going or anything please don't change anything on my account.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My right eye is pretty good, not much astigmatism and better vision. My left eye (dominant) has a much worse astigmatism and much worse vision. I've wondered if I could get just one eye lasered.

Sometime, I'm pretty tied up right now though teaching an EMR class after work and don't have any free time. I probably won't have a day free till sometime in September. If you have a deal going or anything please don't change anything on my account.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a problem.  Just let me know whenever you're ready, it's not going anywhere other than maybe from one gun to another.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top