Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2016 9:49:02 PM EDT
Not needing one now, but I plan on having a suppressor cerakoted when it arrives. Needs to be a local shop since I have to be present since it's a suppressor. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used Harsh Firearms in Norman and got good service and quality work.  He also installed some night sights on a pistol for me while I waited.  Not sure how it will work with a suppressor, don't know if it is feasible to wait on it to be finished since the cerakote is baked on to harden it.  Harsh is a class 3 dealer also so they may be able to give you insight on that.  Think there is another cerakoting shop around the Norman area also but I cant remember their name and I have never dealt with them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Glock slide done by Sooner Gold and Guns in Norman. It turned out great.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not needing one now, but I plan on having a suppressor cerakoted when it arrives. Needs to be a local shop since I have to be present since it's a suppressor. Any recommendations?
View Quote

What suppressor?  I'll help you out if you are feeling like a DIYer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
If its a center fire rifle suppressor I have heard from friends and seen reports that the cerakote will not hold up to extreme temps. I used VHT high temp header paint for my rifle can. It looks great, is durable, and has held up to the heat.

You can get it at most auto part stores for around $10.

Use money saved to buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Why do you have to be present when it's cerakoted? Also the type of coating done on a suppressor is not heat cured in an oven, it is air cured.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
BLACK LABEL ARMAMENT LLC. 6815 NW 10th ST. STE 2. Oklahoma City, OK 73127 405-227-1335
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
What are the prices you guys paid? Place in Duncan wants $95 to cerekote a $80 lower.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If its a center fire rifle suppressor I have heard from friends and seen reports that the cerakote will not hold up to extreme temps. I used VHT high temp header paint for my rifle can. It looks great, is durable, and has held up to the heat.

You can get it at most auto part stores for around $10.

Use money saved to buy more ammo.
View Quote

I've not done it myself but supposedly CeraKote will stand up to the heat without problem, although it has to be the high heat bake on CeraKote not the low heat version.  You can find examples here on ARFCOM of folks using the high heat stuff on center fire rifle caliber suppressors without any issues.  It will be more expensive than header paint though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top