Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2016 6:55:35 PM EDT
Just a quick heads up for any FFs in here. If your agency responds to emergency calls and is not a state registered EMS Agency or Emergency Medical Response Agency with certified EMRs or above and you provide any form of medical care then you may be having to change that soon. Regs were written that state that any FD providing patient care needs to be an EMRA and have EMRs and I understand these regs have been passed.

2014 EMS and EMR Agency Registry
EMRA Initial Application

Even if these regs didn't pass this time you really need to consider getting this done as it will happen sooner or later and besides- it is just a good idea anyway. When the rules are published I'll post another update.

ETA: They're publishing the new rulebook on September 1st. Rules take effect on September 11th.

ETA2: Mods, if you don't want me posting this kind of stuff just let me know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
We are working on our EMR agency this playing catch up is rough.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just FYI they left a backdoor in, you're good if you just do FA/CPR type stuff.

(d) Persons, companies, and governmental entities which operate on their own premises and do not provide services to the public are exempt. Entities that limit the interventions and activities of their staff members to first aid, CPR, and the use of an AED are not required to become a certified Emergency Medical Response Agency.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
good post.

a lot of time info like this slips thru the cracks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top