Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2016 6:53:03 PM EDT
Man it's always so dead in here.

Anyway, I had some Jersey Mike's for lunch today and realized that I paid way too much for a sandwich. It was good, but I still felt ripped off. I like how they slice the meat and cheese right then, but their price to size ratio is wack.

Are there any sort of.. old school delis that will make a proper Italian style sandwich and not charge an arm and a leg for one? I'm talking about loading it up with all the good stuff and then drizzled with vinegar and oil.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love Jersey Mikes, their sandwiches are great, but as mentioned their prices are grossly high, I'll eat there every 6 months or so, if their prices were more reasonable I'd eat there more often.

There used to be a chain of sub shops in OKC, the subs were fairly comparable to Jersey Mikes, but they weren't so expensive.  I think I heard there is still one in OKC, on North Classen about maybe 30th or so?  Looked it up, Neptune Sub Sandwiches at 3301 N Classen, I don't know if they are as good as they used to be, but back in the 70's they were excellent.

https://www.zomato.com/oklahoma-city/neptune-submarine-sandwiches-oklahoma-city  
View Quote

Hm I'll give Neptune a shot. I know I've had it before but I'm sure I bought the wrong thing as I usually do.

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a big fan of McAlister's New Yorker. It's corned beef, pastrami and swiss on marbled rye.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think I'll go by there next week when I'm in the big city!
View Quote
it's my daily lunch spot (since Coit's went away). it's the sole survivor of the 17 Neptunes from the '70's.

the owner's had it since 1980.

he and the missus are OSU alums and it shows.

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Subway, eat fresh. Unless you're Jared. Then you're eating a little too fresh if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Firehouse Sub's Italian sandwich is very good and they are generous with the meat.

David
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Napoleon's Deli in Midwest City is pretty good.. not a chain restaurant either. http://www.napoleondeli.com/
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Napoleon's Deli in Midwest City is pretty good.. not a chain restaurant either. http://www.napoleondeli.com/
View Quote

And Super Subs or is it Souper Subs in midwest city, also on douglas.

I'd rather eat Jimmy John's than Jersey Mikes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Neptune Submarine Sandwiches 3301 N Classen Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Hobbies Hoagies at NW 178th & Santa Fe (Edmond) is supposed to be run by folks from back East where sandwiches are an art form.  I've had their pastrami sandwich and it was good.  They sell jars of the pepper/relish type stuff they put on their sandwiches and it's delicious.  Not too cheap though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hobbies Hoagies at NW 178th & Santa Fe (Edmond) is supposed to be run by folks from back East where sandwiches are an art form.  I've had their pastrami sandwich and it was good.  They sell jars of the pepper/relish type stuff they put on their sandwiches and it's delicious.  Not too cheap though.
View Quote

They have a downtown location on Walker.   I can't give it a review since I haven't eaten there, though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They have a downtown location on Walker.   I can't give it a review since I haven't eaten there, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know that!  Might be easier for other folks on the board to try it in that location.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love me some Napoleon's!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Someplace Else at 23rd & Western. My regular sandwich shop for 25 years. They bake their own bread every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top