Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2016 8:49:21 PM EDT
http://www.okrunngun.com

July 16th.  I went last year and had a blast.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you buy me a ticket?

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be going this year. Went last summer and had to drop out, went back this winter and finished the course.

I have already been training for 5 weeks 3 times a week running with a weight vest. Slowly increasing my time running and have went from 10 pounds to currently 20 pounds in my vest. About to add another 5 pounds next week.

I went 3.34 miles on Monday in 30 minutes, average pace of 9:00 a mile.

Now I have just got to figure out the 500 yard target (if they do it again). It really sucks with a red dot, just holding over more and more until I start getting hits.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will be going this year. Went last summer and had to drop out, went back this winter and finished the course.

I have already been training for 5 weeks 3 times a week running with a weight vest. Slowly increasing my time running and have went from 10 pounds to currently 20 pounds in my vest. About to add another 5 pounds next week.

Now I have just got to figure out the 500 yard target (if they do it again). It really sucks with a red dot, just holding over more and more until I start getting hits.
View Quote
Yeah, I used a borrowed rifle with an Aimpoint last year.  I did well on every stage except the 500, just couldn't see where I was impacting and I didn't know where it was zeroed.  That was tough.  This year I plan to use my own rifle and actually know my drops

I'm trying to get some more Nebraska guys to come down with me, but no one wants to go.  Everyone thinks I'm nuts.  Apparently you Sooners are a little crazier than us Nebraskans.

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, I used a borrowed rifle with an Aimpoint last year.  I did well on every stage except the 500, just couldn't see where I was impacting and I didn't know where it was zeroed.  That was tough.  This year I plan to use my own rifle and actually know my drops

I'm trying to get some more Nebraska guys to come down with me, but no one wants to go.  Everyone thinks I'm nuts.  Apparently you Sooners are a little crazier than us Nebraskans.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't get anyone I know to come with me either. It's a 3 hour drive one way for me.

I have a flip to side magnifier on my red dot, that helps a lot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Id like to go this year just to see if I can still run and gun like I could in my youth
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, see ya there. My 5th one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
We should all have an arfcom meetup.  Maybe a secret handshake so we recognize each other.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We should all have an arfcom meetup.  Maybe a secret handshake so we recognize each other.
View Quote

I will probably be one of the few in shorts there. Last summer seems like everybody ne was in pants.

I also drive a big 2011 diesel F350 4x4 crew cab pickup with my company name on the side. Kinda hard to miss.

It would be nice to meet other arfcommers and hang out, especially since some of us are traveling alone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I will probably be one of the few in shorts there. Last summer seems like everybody ne was in pants.

I also drive a big 2011 diesel F350 4x4 crew cab pickup with my company name on the side. Kinda hard to miss.

It would be nice to meet other arfcommers and hang out, especially since some of us are traveling alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wore shorts.  Way too hot not to.

I was surprised by all the guys wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts in 100 degree weather.  

Maybe I'll put a BFL on my camelback

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got a ticket. I'll be there! No way I'm wearing shorts though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My legs got a little scratched up from crawling over rocks and stuff but it was worth it to stay cool.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Im thinking of signing up. What are you guys running the 5k or 10k?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#13]
5k here.  I'm not sure if there are any spots left, though.  They go fast.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
5k here.  I'm not sure if there are any spots left, though.  They go fast.
View Quote

Yea just checked tickets available for both.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Doing the 10k. I got like 27th in the winter runngun, I'm hoping my extra training will pay off and I can place a little higher.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like  I signed up just in time, looks like they are sold out now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been running, lifting, and swimming all winter so I feel pretty good about where I'm at fitness-wise.  I do need to start running with weights in a pack, but that's hard on my knees so I'll probably hold off until it's a little closer.  My daughter wants to run with me so I've been working on getting her up to speed.

Took my 16" and 11.5" uppers out this weekend and shot both at 500 yards.  It was actually easier to get hits on steel with the 11.5", probably because it has more magnification (1-6.5 vs 1-4).  I'll probably use that upper for the run.  Trying do decide if I should leave my can on it for the cool factor or go loud and light

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#18]
It's my little shit show, so I reckon I'll be there, haha.  

My dumb ass got challenged by my co-organizer to run the 10K twice in a row... with a .30 cal and iron sights.  I'm doing it the Friday before the main event with all our ROs.  He's a big runner... I'm not.  So when you see the 2 guys get up to address the crowd on Saturday morning, I'll be the one who is struggling to stay standing.  

Thank y'all for supporting our event... train hard and have fun!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's my little shit show, so I reckon I'll be there, haha.  

My dumb ass got challenged by my co-organizer to run the 10K twice in a row... with a .30 cal and iron sights.  I'm doing it the Friday before the main event with all our ROs.  He's a big runner... I'm not.  So when you see the 2 guys get up to address the crowd on Saturday morning, I'll be the one who is struggling to stay standing.  

Thank y'all for supporting our event... train hard and have fun!
View Quote

Come on Dan, I know you can do it. Prolly a walk in the park for you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, Guys, this event is coming up, getting some good training weather for it. I moved my run time to 4:30 p.m. to  take advantage of the high heat index.

See you there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Yep, I'm purposely trying to run at the hottest times possible.  Almost puked yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#22]
What time does the registration open? Website says 7:30, just want to confirm here also.

My training has been going great. I have continued my running with a weight vest. Got up to 28 pounds, the weight of all my gear I will carry, month or more ago. Been doing a pacer app to get faster and doing a 10k once a week up some brutal hills. I run with the pack every time, no exceptions. I run later in the evenings around 8-8:30. I spend all day in the heat working, I will run in a little cooler weather if possible. My weight vest also covers my whole torso, it gets very hot during a run.

Going to start going out after work and shooting more pistol as I feel that's my weakest aspect right now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never heard of this.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never heard of this.
View Quote

It's been growing every match!! Tickets sell out in a couple days.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Couple more days of training then I'm going to take a week off to let my old man muscles recover.  Been running with about 35 pounds combined weight of a pack + camelback.  My gear comes out to 26 with a full camelback.
I wanted to run with my suppressed SBR for the cool factor, but a couple weeks ago I took that and my 18" 3 gun rifle out to 500 yards and it was no contest.  I could consistently hit a 12x20" steel plate at 500 with the 18", a lot easier than the 11.5".  Not really surprising, but the SBR would have been nicer to carry.  I found the holdovers in my reticle are pretty much right on, at least enough to bang a big piece of steel.
Of course now that I've said that I'll probably completely whiff the 500 yard stage.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Couple more days of training then I'm going to take a week off to let my old man muscles recover.  Been running with about 35 pounds combined weight of a pack + camelback.  My gear comes out to 26 with a full camelback.

I wanted to run with my suppressed SBR for the cool factor, but a couple weeks ago I took that and my 18" 3 gun rifle out to 500 yards and it was no contest.  I could consistently hit a 12x20" steel plate at 500 with the 18", a lot easier than the 11.5".  Not really surprising, but the SBR would have been nicer to carry.  I found the holdovers in my reticle are pretty much right on, at least enough to bang a big piece of steel.

Of course now that I've said that I'll probably completely whiff the 500 yard stage.  

View Quote
Yeah, I'm sure you'll suck it up on that one!

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#27]

I'll be there. Look for the guy running in green Soffe ranger panties.

Do any of the ROs, or Henchman know if the organizers will get in a twist if I shoot M-855? We've got a giant pile of it to shoot, and funds are such that I cant buy more ammo at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Do any of the ROs, or Henchman know if the organizers will get in a twist if I shoot M-855? We've got a giant pile of it to shoot, and funds are such that I cant buy more ammo at the moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the website:

You may not use tracers or armor piercing bullets that have a hardened
penetrator core (mild steel core bullets like M855 and 7N6 are OK).
Your pistol must fire a pistol cartridge.  

Looks like you're good to go.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#29]
On our way back to Indiana and Ohio from a most excellent challenge. What a great time.
Thanks to all that made this possible.
Already looking forward to next time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On our way back to Indiana and Ohio from a most excellent challenge. What a great time.
View Quote

Had a great time today! I met a few from Indiana today you might have been 1 of em.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Had a great time today! I met a few from Indiana today you might have been 1 of em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was the tall guy with the multicam boonie hat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#32]
It was a great course this year. It seemed much more physically demanding with the obstacles and creek crossings than the two times I ran it before.

I now know my rifle will hold zero when it takes a hit onto rocks with me landing on top of it.  I am really impressed with the aimpoint and larue set up. One of the guys from Indiana (#21 10k runner) was in front of me and heard the fall.

Very happy with my result this year, from a DNF one year ago to 5th this year. I am working on things to add to my training to improve my run especially off the road course.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was a great course this year. It seemed much more physically demanding with the obstacles and creek crossings than the two times I ran it before.

I now know my rifle will hold zero when it takes a hit onto rocks with me landing on top of it.  I am really impressed with the aimpoint and larue set up. One of the guys from Indiana (#21 10k runner) was in front of me and heard the fall.

Very happy with my result this year, from a DNF one year ago to 5th this year. I am working on things to add to my training to improve my run especially off the road course.

View Quote

I agree. This Summer's course seemed much more physically demanding than last Summer. However, I loved the additional obstacles.
As a coincidence, I was the Hoosier ahead of you when you fell (#21 - 10k). It was a hard fall. Glad you were OK.

Great Job working up to 5th. I ran 8th last Summer and managed to claw my way up to 3rd this time (I missed the Winter run).

By the way. I recorded the track. According to the Garmin, the course ran exactly 8.0 miles.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The creek crossings were extra dicey because we'd had a bunch of heavy rain Thursday night.  The storms were bad enough that power to about half the total OK population was cut off at one point.  Judging by the soak level of the runners' pants on Saturday, I'd say the water level at the "cargo net" crossing was a good 4-6 inches higher when we ran the course on Friday.  

I thought that the "blue barrel" obstacles were a nice touch, though those suckers got HOT later on in the day!

Agreed that it was probably much more physically demanding than the previous run 'n guns there.  There's no telling what Al and Daniel are gonna cook up for next year.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top