Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:31:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, that's going to be some good eating. Where did you get her?
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats, that's going to be some good eating. Where did you get her?
View Quote

Thanks sir. I got her the Witchita Mtns Here in Ok. I was drawn out for the hunt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]

I was in the very back of the WMA all day. From 6:00 am to 4:00 pm. For 10 hours I moved around my section seeing bulls I couldn't shoot. At one point there were 19 bulls within rifle shot. Finally about 3:30 I saw some elk, stalked over to get a better look, and it was 10 more bulls standing perfectly broadside. So I got mad and headed back to my pick up point. Our group leader just happened to be driving by. I told him the situation and he offered another spot a guy left at noon. He drove me over to it. I was there for 20 minutes and shot my cow!!!! 10 hours of climbing, and hiking rough nasty terrain for nothing. Then 20 minutes somewhere else to fill my tag!!! Lmao.

Story of my life. BUT I got my elk.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#6]
You are a Jedi Piiimp!
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Didn't know they allowed harvesting of the cows.
View Quote

Yes sir. You can draw for a bull or a cow.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You are a Jedi Piiimp!
View Quote

Thanks brother!  Its the love of the Glock that guides us....... LOL
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats, I did the same hunt in 2001, was a cool experience. Went through the whole orientation thing one day, rode around for the afternoon scouting locations for next day hunt. Picked location, loaded up gear and met fella that became hunting buddy, he stayed on valley floor and I climbed up on peak. Dropped off early and made it to location, right when sun peaked over horizon I spotted Elk on next peak at an unknown ungodly distance, couldn't tell whether it was cows or bulls. Waited for a long time for more light and decided it was cows, picked target, breathed and squeezed.  Was blinded by flash in scope, 300 WM makes a heck of a flash in low light. Sat there and thought, did I miss, there were other cows at same range grazing. Chose to not take second shot at another cow, smart choice as chosen cow was down at location on other side of valley. Was a once in a lifetime experience in my mind, never forget it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Congrats, I did the same hunt in 2001, was a cool experience. Went through the whole orientation thing one day, rode around for the afternoon scouting locations for next day hunt. Picked location, loaded up gear and met fella that became hunting buddy, he stayed on valley floor and I climbed up on peak. Dropped off early and made it to location, right when sun peaked over horizon I spotted Elk on next peak at an unknown ungodly distance, couldn't tell whether it was cows or bulls. Waited for a long time for more light and decided it was cows, picked target, breathed and squeezed.  Was blinded by flash in scope, 300 WM makes a heck of a flash in low light. Sat there and thought, did I miss, there were other cows at same range grazing. Chose to not take second shot at another cow, smart choice as chosen cow was down at location on other side of valley. Was a once in a lifetime experience in my mind, never forget it.
View Quote

Congrats sir.  It was a great hunt and a great experience.  Everyone should be so lucky.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top