Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2015 10:58:43 PM EDT
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to run some Ethernet cabling in the Tulsa area, mostly. To add security cameras.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I do drafting work at a company that runs some Ethernet, but they only really do it at water treatment plants with conduit put in place by electricians. I'm assuming you mean for your house. POE (Power Over Ethernet) cameras are nice because you don't have to worry about running power out to each camera as the power is fed through the cable. Pretty much a plug and play deal.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do drafting work at a company that runs some Ethernet, but they only really do it at water treatment plants with conduit put in place by electricians. I'm assuming you mean for your house. POE (Power Over Ethernet) cameras are nice because you don't have to worry about running power out to each camera as the power is fed through the cable. Pretty much a plug and play deal.
View Quote

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, sadly I went about it backwards.  I already had a home server that can do the security cam stuff and found the cameras I want am it need cabling and I don't have the time to finish it.  The companies that do the security camera don't want to do just the cabling. I've only found 1 electrician that's listed as willing but they didn't even bother to send the estimate and the other company which typically does larger commercial installs quote was much much higher than I expected.  As in I could buy one of the other installed systems for that price.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I ran my own cable. Right time of the year to do it...
Not that hard once you figure out the tricks and get going...
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of work are we talking here? Attic, crawlspace, two story, double wide, etc.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Attic space in a second story with drops only in 2nd story
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I'm a telephone man so I've run a bit of wire. If you're wanting a hand shoot me an email and maybe we can work out a time to knock it out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a set of fish stix's I can probably help as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the offers, it looks like this is now on the back burner as I now have a leak to have fixed instead.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Where are you at with this?
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Back burner for now.  We just had another kid and we are still waiting to figure out how much were about to spend on plumbing issues and I've had some truck issues pop up that is taking my free time trying to fix.

For moment there hasn't been enough time in the day to get started.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top