Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2015 2:16:24 PM EDT

Thought I'd give it a try this year. It's a heck of a drive, but I figured it would be a fun time. Anyone else attending?
Looks like there are only 19 tickets left as of the time I'm posting this. They sold fast.

www.okrunngun.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I  signed up again. Will be my 4th RnG.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm the co-organizer of the event.  48 hours after opening registration, there are 4 tickets left!  These keep selling out faster and faster.  This one's going to be fun.  No ARs for me... I'll be running the course with an old Finn M39.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
If you didn't sign up, its too late now. All tickets have been sold.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you didn't sign up, its too late now. All tickets have been sold.
View Quote

That's odd, it let me sign up for a 10 k a few minutes ago. The max quantity was 2.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent! It will be nice to meet some more Arfcommers.
I'm excited...

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone want to give a weather prediction?

What kind of targets do you think the shotgun part will be?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone want to give a weather prediction?  Between -27 and 87. Or maybe both.

What kind of targets do you think the shotgun part will be? Probably short range steel, that's my guess anyway
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Another excellent match - Kudos to Al and Daniel for making this another smoothly run event. A big thanks goes to Jon, the landowner, for letting us come and play on his farms.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Uggh.  story of my life...  Had I known about this I'd have been there to check it out.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uggh.  story of my life...  Had I known about this I'd have been there to check it out.  
View Quote

There is another one sometime in July.  

I had a blast competing. It was mostly against myself since I didn't finish the summer one.

I feel I did pretty good. Gonna train hard and try to better all my scores.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I cut 45 minutes off my time from the Summer event, and was in the top 10 shooting scores compared to having a time DQ in the summer. I'm pretty happy with my improvement.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad y'all had a good time -- I did too. The running/shooting is almost as much fun as hanging out with everybody.  Thanks for coming out.

The next one will be July 16.  We will announce the ticket sale date on the website a couple weeks before we put them on sale.  We will be adding some spots due to the longer daylight hours.  

We will have some fun new stages, including one with a hostage target, thanks to our new sponsor, Double D Targets.  Really looking forward to the July event, and to what the Spearhead boys cook up for the Brutal Goat Run 'n Gun in April.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#14]
So I read the about section on the Run n' Gun website and I have a basic understanding of it, but still have a few more questions. What is the distance (average) between shooting courses? When shooting rifle, how far out are we shooting?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Rifle targets ranged from 20 yards or so to 500 yards.

The Pawnee stages are grouped in roughly 2 segments. The first 2 (or 4) stages, depending on whether you're doing the 5K or the 10K, are within a mile or so. The second group of stages is about 1.75 miles from the first group of stages and they are about another 1 mile or so apart.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn't there a summer one or is it just a winter one?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Isn't there a summer one or is it just a winter one?
View Quote

It is Bi-Annual, with the Summer event being in July (July 16 this year) and the Winter event in January.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Sweet, I'll be in town AND have time to get in shape!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watch the website. When they announce the ticket sales, don't horse around, they'll sell out in about 2 days or less.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Watch the website. When they announce the ticket sales, don't horse around, they'll sell out in about 2 days or less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats the average turnout for the run?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#21]
For this past event, there were 100 tickets sold. I've heard they will offer a few more tickets for the Summer event.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I would definitely be interested in trying it out, but I haven't really been able to stretch the legs out on any of my rifles so 500yds would be new to me. I have a 100yd range in my backyard and really in the immediate area that's the limit at most places. Definitely not spending the money for the OK gun club in Arcadia, but it seems they are the only ones with a semi-decent long range setup. If anyone knows of some long range areas around the OKC area I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I would definitely be interested in trying it out, but I haven't really been able to stretch the legs out on any of my rifles so 500yds would be new to me. I have a 100yd range in my backyard and really in the immediate area that's the limit at most places. Definitely not spending the money for the OK gun club in Arcadia, but it seems they are the only ones with a semi-decent long range setup. If anyone knows of some long range areas around the OKC area I'm all ears.
View Quote
Don't let that stop you. I couldn't find any ranges in the Tul$a area that went past 200 yards (aside from a 300y at USSA used for classes) and was able to clear the 500 yard course over the winter. Most of the targets are in the 50-250 yard range anyway. With a 5.56 sighted in at 50 yards everything but the 500y is pretty much right on top of each other +/- an inch or two with no guess work.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone wanting to shoot 500 yards and willing to drive, I have access to a range. It's just north of woodward, about 2.5 hour drive to the city. I am willing to go shooting with anyone anytime.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Any of you guys interested in doing some marksmanship practice for the Run 'n Gun- whether it be pistol or rifle- at the OKC Gun Club would be welcome to join me as a guest on one of my visits.  

I plan to go sometime in February, maybe as early as this weekend- but I dunno for sure.  Hit me up with a PM if interested and maybe we can work something out.  

With the exception of the Run 'n Gun, I haven't felt up for a range trip due to the colder/windier weather, but I am always happy to make an exception when the opportunity arises.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any of you guys interested in doing some marksmanship practice for the Run 'n Gun- whether it be pistol or rifle- at the OKC Gun Club would be welcome to join me as a guest on one of my visits.  

I plan to go sometime in February, maybe as early as this weekend- but I dunno for sure.  Hit me up with a PM if interested and maybe we can work something out.  

With the exception of the Run 'n Gun, I haven't felt up for a range trip due to the colder/windier weather, but I am always happy to make an exception when the opportunity arises.
View Quote

Having a buddy makes it hard to slack off too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top