Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2015 1:28:15 AM EDT
Whats the rule? I have a 16guage shotgun I want to hunt upland bird and waterfowl with but its tough to find 16guage steel/non toxic loads within an hour and a half. Im wondering if I need non-toxic on ANY public lands, or just certain ones? I know Waterfowl Development lands with you, but what about WMA's? Like Waurika, Tom Steed (Inside the green signs) and Hackberry Flats (Again, inside the green signs."

I know there are red signs that say no hunting past noon or 1pm or so, and only non toxic ammo.

Is that restriction JUST for that area, or is non-toxic loads a statewide public land regulation for upland bird and waterfowl?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Nontoxic Shot Regulations
All waterfowl (ducks, mergansers and geese) and coot hunting is restricted to use of federally approved nontoxic shot in all areas of the state. Unless otherwise provided, all shotgun hunt- ing on state wetland development units and state waterfowl refuges is restricted to feder- ally approved nontoxic shot only. Possession of lead shot while hunting waterfowl or coots and for all shotgun hunting on state wetland development units and state waterfowl ref- uges is prohibited. For more information on federally approved nontoxic shot types, see fws.gov/migratorybirds/CurrentBirdIssues/ nontoxic.htm.
View Quote

Hunting Hackberry Flat WRP
All shotgun hunting is restricted to federally approved nontoxic shot.
View Quote

No hunting Tom Steed.

Source:
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/laws_regs/hunt1516.pdf

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top