Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 3:48:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see the photos and write up in the Daily Oklahoman today, 1200 W Memorial Rd, is that on the North side or South side of Memorial/turnpike?

Intersection of Memorial and Western, according to Google Maps, just west of Western.

Opening soon!

View Quote

South side, next to the St. Anthony's hospital and the golf driving range.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It is on the south side of memorial..  gonna be AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
When is the projected opening?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paper says 10 am, Thursday Sept 17.

Cabela's Announces Opening Date of Oklahoma City, Okla., Store
Doors to open at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 17; weekend-long celebration to follow
http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=okc

View Quote

Very cool!   Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Not a fan of a Cabelas in OKC. Don't get me wrong, I love Cabelas and buy lots of stuff from them, but an OKC store means sales tax on all internet orders.

Kinda of sucks, just add about 8-9% to all your orders.

(by the way, as the holder of a Black Cabelas VISA card, I get free shipping on most orders)
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
About 5 minutes from my house, good thing I'm too poor to be concerned.  Might be a good place to go shoot bows though since it's illegal to do in my yard.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#10]
what is sad is that for years Cabelas teased us in Tulsa. they bought land and everything.

then they build one in OKC......
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Any idea if they'll have a restaurant in it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not a fan of a Cabelas in OKC. Don't get me wrong, I love Cabelas and buy lots of stuff from them, but an OKC store means sales tax on all internet orders.

(by the way, as the holder of a Black Cabelas VISA card, I get free shipping on most orders)
View Quote

Why bother with online when you can drive to the store and get in right then?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because its an hour drive and I can have it in 2 days with my shipping code, and it saves me $$$$.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#14]
and you don't deal with jam crammed parking lots and mouth breathing rednecks with their girlfriends that REALLY don't want to be there.

never mind the friendly, informative, attentive sales staff.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Because its an hour drive and I can have it in 2 days with my shipping code, and it saves me $$$$.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't see the logic in that reasoning but to each his own
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from what I can tell, he is from an older generation; you are probably younger and a part of the "I want it now" generation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

from what I can tell, he is from an older generation; you are probably younger and a part of the "I want it now" generation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im more of, "hey its local. Ill just go and get it." I also hate ordering from the drive through at any Choke and Puke.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#18]
It has a nice aquarium, you get to look at the fishies.  Isn't that reason enough?  I wonder how they feel about bowfishing....
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Hate that it'll mean paying sales tax on online orders... probably means never ordering from them again in favor of Brownells, MidwayUSA, etc.

Moving down to the OKC area myself... wonder how different it'll be from a Bass Pro Shop.

Any word on what sales they'll have for this weekend?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Think of Bass Pro as the Dollar General of the outdoor world, while Cabelas is the Saks Fifth Avenue.

As long as there is a Cabelas within driving distance, I'll never go to a Bass Pro.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Ran by today to check it out..

They have a great selection of handguns, AR-15s, I think I saw SCAR's and a pile of ammo. Lots of ammo.

I will go to Cabalas now. 15 min down the turnpike from me. No more downtown for Basspro.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll probably go by to see it next week since I gotta go out anyway.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I went yesterday... Gotta say, I felt a little underwhelmed. It seemed like a nicer BassPro to me. They had what looked to be a better selection but the whole place screamed of being a fancy BP, hell the fish tank is about half the size of BP. Ill patronize the place once in a while, the staff was a little friendlier but the prices seemed on par and even higher than same and comparable items at BP.

I wont go back for a while though, the crowd was retarded thick saturday (dummy me going only a few days after grand opening )
I did like their assortment of guns and shooting items, I might screw around and get a long bow from there one day.

At the end of the day though, I felt underwhelmed.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Went yesterday as well. Way overpriced, especially for a grand opening. Tons of ammo lining the shelves, and I bet much of that wad there from Thursday. .223 PMC for 8.99 a box. I was hoping to see a good sale. They had "bulk" federal 5.56 in an mre style bag, .50 a round. I don't think it's much nicer than BP but it is a quick trip up the turnpike so ill prolly catch them for holiday shopping but I doubt ill go often if their prices don't compete.

Also, super busy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top