Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 12:11:28 AM EDT
Specifically hats. Felt cowboys hats. I desire one. What shops beside teeners and sheplers offer decent cowboy hats for not a lot of coin. Ya I know "a good hat is expensive" blah blah. I'm not gonna wear it daily, just once in a while. Preferred less than $100. Its not for style though, I'm looking for function.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
couple hatteries in the Stockyards.

http://shortyshattery.com/

wow , start at $525. dunno if I'd let my horse drink outa that or not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That's where they start??? Guess I'm not going there then.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Cowboy hat on an empty jar? Whatever floats your boat!
Go to Langtons in the stockyards. They sell seconds pretty cheap and it is hard to tell what is wrong with them.
I bought my 4X Resistol there for $50 and they shaped it for free.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Love to have me a Marshal Raylen Givens Stetson but after it got shot off of his head in the series finale I'm not sure I'd want one with a hole in it. And that green pimp hat he took off of the other fellow is just plain ugleeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
there's a shop in downtown noble, ok. don't know prices though
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Sheplers has a lot of hats.  I bought my last one there, was on sale so .  Stick with a good brand and you'll be good to go.  Finding a good one under $100 is possible if you shop smart.  May not find a Stetson in that price range unless it's on sale but there is also Bailey, MHT (Master Hatter's of Texas), Justin and probably a few I've forgotten.  Talk to the actual hat folks in the store (the ones who do the shaping and such) and ask what they recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top