Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2015 6:08:57 PM EDT
Last week I started getting an email every time something is posted in this forum.  Never did that before and I haven't changed any of my preferences.  Any of you techie egghead types know how to fix it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
really? so everytime I post your threads you get an email? hummmm.....  
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]

MSPaint power!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It was on "Disable automatic subscription" already, I changed it to "subscribe without email notification".  I have no idea if that will change something.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Weird. Click on "Subscriptions" and see what it shows there.

The red circle is a subscribed thread that has email notification enabled, the green circle won't email. It is just a thread tag.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#6]
the machine senses your soon to be defection and is assimilating you.
resistance is...well, you know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz264/KingMud/Try2_zpseva4b8hj.jpg

The red circle is a subscribed thread that has email notification enabled, the green circle won't email. It is just a thread tag.
View Quote

Your screen shots have saved the day! Much thanks your highness

I was looking at the subscriptions to do what you said and noticed that there were several threads listed as "subscribed" that I never subscribed to.  They were also the same ones that I was getting email notifications about.  I dunno how threads can be subscribed to on their own but that's what happened.  Also strange that those mystery subscribed threads were emailing notifications when the notifications were turned off for all subscribed threads.  First time I've had to itchiness of this kind on here.  

For you tinfoil hat types...it coincides with my membership expiring....hmmm....CONSPIRACY!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was looking at the subscriptions to do what you said and noticed that there were several threads listed as "subscribed" that I never subscribed to.  They were also the same ones that I was getting email notifications about.  I dunno how threads can be subscribed to on their own but that's what happened.  Also strange that those mystery subscribed threads were emailing notifications when the notifications were turned off for all subscribed threads.  First time I've had to itchiness of this kind on here.  

For you tinfoil hat types...it coincides with my membership expiring....hmmm....CONSPIRACY!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyways I'd go ahead and set "Subscribe with email notifications", submit, close the window then reopen settings, finally toggle it back to disable auto subscriptions and submit just to make sure.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Anyways I'd go ahead and set "Subscribe with email notifications", submit, close the window then reopen settings, finally toggle it back to disable auto subscriptions and submit just to make sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already did, so far so good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]
DAMNIT!!!!!! DAMNIT!!!!! DAMNIT!!!!!

New thread started in HTF and it's emailing me notifications again!!!!

WTF???  It's only HTF threads doing it....$@#%!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DAMNIT!!!!!! DAMNIT!!!!! DAMNIT!!!!!

New thread started in HTF and it's emailing me notifications again!!!!

WTF???  It's only HTF threads doing it....$@#%!!!!
View Quote

It's Wingman's fault. He's trying to keep the OK HTF open so he won't be out of a job!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#12]
dirty fix would be block e mails from arfcom, or mark them as spam and send them to trash.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, sounds like you're subscribed to the whole forum. When you're on the main Oklahoma HTF you should see an Unsubscribe button just above all the topics on the right side of the screen. Near the New Topic button.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OK, sounds like you're subscribed to the whole forum. When you're on the main Oklahoma HTF you should see an Unsubscribe button just above all the topics on the right side of the screen. Near the New Topic button.
View Quote

It says "subscribe".  I dunno, I restarted everything, logged off and back in, so we'll see if that does something.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
*SIGH*.....

It keeps subscribing me to the HTF on its own!! FRICK!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#16]
kill it with fire!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
but seriously its a cookie issue,use cc cleaner to clear all your cookies and your browser cache
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
but seriously its a cookie issue,use cc cleaner to clear all your cookies and your browser cache
View Quote

I did that and it didn't work
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#20]
wow....   now thats messed up

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top