Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2015 7:09:58 PM EDT
What exactly do you lose when you give up your team membership?  It's just not financially feasible for me anymore so I won't be renewing this year.   I've purchased memberships over the past few years to support the site and I know you get extras with a membership but I never saw what they were.  I think I'm currently a bronze team member so what am I going to lose?  I can't imagine it's much, maybe a bigger search function?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Bronze Team Member Benefits:

$24 / Year

Expanded Search Ability

Access to the site search (new search engine for 2010!) which allows you unlimited searching with full parameters. Search for authors, subjects, and dates for discussions which have yet to be archived. Non-Team are limited to 7 day subject searches only in the technical areas of the site.

Special Site Resources

Special resource tools include expanded subscriptions, a custom board feature to create from your favorite forums, and customizable options for other tools. Blogs are also available for team members and will be updated for a better integration and nicer look. We also have a few "backdoor" site's available for team members looking to surf the site from sensitive locations. (SSL option included!)
Archive Server Access
Utilize a highly flexible search engine to find archived data from the past. Our archives include everything ever posted from the beta days of the site. The archive search engine will also be updated in 2010 to allow for easier complex searching!

You will gain the ability to upload your custom avatar (gif or jpg) to the media server where it will show with each of your posts. Please make sure to keep these within the minimal image restrictions.

Member Only Forums

As a Team Member, you will gain access to a growing list of private forums. These forums include the team clubhouse, for general discussions free from trolls, as well as a job listing forum, and the popular BOTD/HOTD forums.

Increased Instant Messenger Tools & Storage

Extended tool options including custom folders to help you organize your messages, huge storage space, contact lists, and more.

Site Enhancements

Site customization options to tailor to your mood. Currently we offer a number of skins (color styles) to the site's interface and have plans to expand this to allow the modification of layout and display options.

Spellcheck Service

Built in spellchecker within the posting tools. These tools include topic/reply posts, IM messaging, and content management.

SEBR/SER Discounts

An even LOWER price on our Special Edition (Black) Rifle projects done every year! These custom configuration rifles are a limited run project with a special SEBR engraving to mark the year.

Team Member Giveaway!

Straight From The ARFCOM Vault, we will give at least one rifle away each year. We will also give out any number of items donated to us throughout the year. This has been a tradition for us and the advertisers here to say thank you for your support!

Thread Tracking !! NEW !!

Jump into discussions where you left off. ( Last Read Post ) There is no limit to the number of threads which will be managed and they are automatically purged when a discussion goes to the archives or when your account is downgraded.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
yea you`ll lose your avatar and team forums but really thats about it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
You will most likely start seeing the in thread ads they started inserting some time back . I don think team members see those. I don't see them since I started blocking them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will most likely start seeing the in thread ads they started inserting some time back . I don think team members see those. I don't see them since I started blocking them.
View Quote

Buy a membership or unblock the ads, stop being a member of the FSA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing I can't live without, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
O the best part is you don`t see that DAMN GREEN ARROW Thingie....
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
i wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a mixed opinion about this.  I voluntarily had my account deactivated after one of the shit-for-brains moderators
pissed me off when I lived in Arkansas. I reactivated when I moved to Oklahoma.  My life went on just fine without AR15.com

On the other hand this is a good site full of information and for the most part good people.  Since the owner of this site decided
to leave the gun hating state of New York for more friendly territory (now North Tejas) I'll be more compelled to support
this site with my current team membership.  Moving a business like that takes guts.

Just for the record I like our OK moderators  There is just a bad apple in Arkansas
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
check out the okla archives here to see what we used to be like,and I`ll just leave it at that....
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's an excellent point. I feel like I should wash my hands now.

LOL
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

wish i could claim it, but it's widely attributed to Groucho Marx.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't renew mine sometime back, hadn't looked back yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:20:49 AM EDT
[#13]
AR15.com facebook free, AND YOU WILL FIND DAN THERE.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
is that a for or against reason?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
AR15.com facebook free, AND YOU WILL FIND DAN THERE.
View Quote

I wouldn't use Facebook if they paid ME!
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]
FB is worse than GD by miles...  

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Wanna spread your personal information across the world and become a target for every scumbag on earth? Join Facebook.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What exactly do you lose when you give up your team membership?  It's just not financially feasible for me anymore so I won't be renewing this year.   I've purchased memberships over the past few years to support the site and I know you get extras with a membership but I never saw what they were.  I think I'm currently a bronze team member so what am I going to lose?  I can't imagine it's much, maybe a bigger search function?
View Quote

I dont miss it!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you are not a Card carrying AR15 member.

All I can say is wow!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#20]
somehow i doubt that's all you can say.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wanna spread your personal information across the world and become a target for every scumbag on earth? Join Facebook.
View Quote

Some of these guys already use the truck stop. They don't need Facebook.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't you lose the ability to post an avatar pic without a membership? Mine expired yesterday but my Avatar is still working.  Maybe if I don't log off and back on it will stay .
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes, no avatar for non-paid members.

You get a few days grace after it expires.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't you lose the ability to post an avatar pic without a membership? Mine expired yesterday but my Avatar is still working.  Maybe if I don't log off and back on it will stay .

Yes, no avatar for non-paid members.

You get a few days grace after it expires.

Darn, no loopholes for me then.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I get enough use from this site that $2 a month seems pretty paltry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not sure if I'll re-up or not.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#27]
well I don`t plan too...  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Still haven't. not gonna!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if I'll re-up or not.
View Quote

Planning on dying soon?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
well I don`t plan too...  
View Quote

Me either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#32]
hope yall realise that every post here bumps brandi`s email inbox,

o gawd what if its connected to her phone and she gets alerts...
she will start to get all stabbie....
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#33]
i'ma thinkin i can outrun Brandi as long as she stays stabby.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i'ma thinkin i can outrun Brandi as long as she stays stabby.
View Quote

you get her pissed enough and it will be lead you might be trying to outrun!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Seems like some "angel" here has reupped her through 2016. Good job, whoever you are.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

My membership gets cheaper every day.  
View Quote

bite me, mr 20k posts....  

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#39]
but with her new improved membership, she's AWOL.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Nope, not AWOL, just your normal everyday "everything sucks butt" vacation from reality.  I'm back now, sort of.  Anywho, yes, my membership is back to "member" status thanks to a surprise gift from another member.  Good news also is that my Email is no longer being bombarded with every new subject started.  Why or how I still do not know but the respite is also much appreciated.

As for getting stabbie or even stabby, I do have the urge to shiv someone but Hotdog is too fast.  I never knew a Hoverround had that kind of horsepower.  I need to get a motorcycle again, then I could catch up with him and get away fast too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nope, not AWOL, just your normal everyday "everything sucks butt" vacation from reality.  I'm back now, sort of.  Anywho, yes, my membership is back to "member" status thanks to a surprise gift from another member.  Good news also is that my Email is no longer being bombarded with every new subject started.  Why or how I still do not know but the respite is also much appreciated.

As for getting stabbie or even stabby, I do have the urge to shiv someone but Hotdog is too fast.  I never knew a Hoverround had that kind of horsepower.  I need to get a motorcycle again, then I could catch up with him and get away fast too.
View Quote

Just ask Dan, his hover round is know to beat speeding snails in a drag race
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Gave mine up a few years ago, wasn't worth the cost to have a pretty picture next to my name.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top