Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2015 8:43:45 AM EDT
Got stopped for speeding last Sunday by female OHP officer, gave her my KS DL and my CCP when she approached the truck. Very professional but also nice. Left with a suggestion to watch my speed and travel safely back to KC.

My first interaction with OHP in many years of driving in OK. My wife who collects speeding tickets continues to be amazed that in 35+ years of driving and several  traffic stops I haven't been cited! I did think last weekends stop might have ended with a ticket as I was going faster than I should have been.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The few OHP officers I have came across have always been professional except for one in my youth. When I was 20, many moons ago, I made a mistake and had a few drinks and was stopped by a trooper. I received my punishment and went on. A few years later the same trooper stopped me for speeding even though I was only doing probably 2-4 mph over the limit and he was a real A-hole. He recognized me from the previous contact and made inappropriate comments that really made my blood boil.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You make contact with enough LEOs via traffic stops and eventually you will run into a horse's ass. Most of them are decent to deal with but it only take's one to make you wary of all of them.
My suggestion is to be wary of all of them because you never know which one you will draw.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
all but one of my encounters have been the utmost professional with OHP.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It only takes one to fuck you over good.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OOhh.. and he did everything he could to have a reason to " get it on..."

what a prick. last time I saw him I noticed he was a Lake Patrolman. God help anyone he encounters.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Got stopped quite a few years back on the turnpike from Lawton to OKC. OHP officer was extremely pissed when he walked up to my door. He asked how fast I was going to which I replied, "I'm not going to dime myself out". He said in a very pissed voice, "I'm going to write you a ticket for going 83 in a 55 and the ticket is $267. How fast were you going?"

I told him I was doing 130 in the low spots and slowing down on the hill tops. He said he had been chasing me for 12 miles.

He was not amused and neither was my wife.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got stopped quite a few years back on the turnpike from Lawton to OKC. OHP officer was extremely pissed when he walked up to my door. He asked how fast I was going to which I replied, "I'm not going to dime myself out". He said in a very pissed voice, "I'm going to write you a ticket for going 83 in a 55 and the ticket is $267. How fast were you going?"

I told him I was doing 130 in the low spots and slowing down on the hill tops. He said he had been chasing me for 12 miles.

He was not amused and neither was my wife.
View Quote

They all get mad if you drag them further away from the donut shop!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never had a bad experience getting pulled over but I've probably only been pulled over maybe 6-7 times in my life and out of those I got cited twice but they were dropped.  No bad experiences and not a single ticket .

I will say this, as a former LEO, most folks who complain about cops giving them a hard time bring it on themselves by starting out with an attitude.  I've pulled people over who were respectful and civil and everything goes just fine but then there's the others...  The people who immediately get attitude when they see the red and blues light them up.  It doesn't matter if they were blatantly guilty, they are automatically pissed off and all you hear as you walk up is how the cops are always screwing with them and they didn't do anything and the cops should be out chasing real criminals instead of harassing honest citizens who aren't doing anything wrong.  It's always the same thing with all of them whether they ran a red light or a stop sign or doing twenty over the posted limit, they always complain about how the cops are the bad guys and they didn't do anything worth being pulled over for.  They never do anything wrong but 95% of the time they have a long list of traffic infractions but if you ask them it's always because some cop screwed them over and they were just innocent citizens being railroaded by evil cops.  Its just exhausting dealing with people like that but, damn, there are a lot of them out there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've never had a bad experience getting pulled over but I've probably only been pulled over maybe 6-7 times in my life and out of those I got cited twice but they were dropped.  No bad experiences and not a single ticket .

I will say this, as a former LEO, most folks who complain about cops giving them a hard time bring it on themselves by starting out with an attitude.  I've pulled people over who were respectful and civil and everything goes just fine but then there's the others...  The people who immediately get attitude when they see the red and blues light them up.  It doesn't matter if they were blatantly guilty, they are automatically pissed off and all you hear as you walk up is how the cops are always screwing with them and they didn't do anything and the cops should be out chasing real criminals instead of harassing honest citizens who aren't doing anything wrong.  It's always the same thing with all of them whether they ran a red light or a stop sign or doing twenty over the posted limit, they always complain about how the cops are the bad guys and they didn't do anything worth being pulled over for.  They never do anything wrong but 95% of the time they have a long list of traffic infractions but if you ask them it's always because some cop screwed them over and they were just innocent citizens being railroaded by evil cops.  Its just exhausting dealing with people like that but, damn, there are a lot of them out there.
View Quote

Cops can't have a bad day and let their ass show?
One asshole cop out of 50 can screw you up good and do it just to prove he can.
While I would prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt they are just doing their jobs, I'm not going to give them the opportunity to fuck me over because they want to show their power.
I'll not put up the video of the OHP with the ambulance driver but that is exactly what I am talking about.
That is not an everyday occurrence but I will not ignore it could happen to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had an increasingly dim view of LE over a good many years now. I can say with total honesty that the Troopers of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol stand out heads and shoulders above every other LE Agency NATION WIDE. On the whole the OHP are the most courteous, selfless and professional men and women I have ever had the pleasure to know.  Every agency without a doubt has "bad apples" but in some agencies its systemic IMO. We are so blessed to have the Troopers we do because they are truly public servants both in name and in deed.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have had an increasingly dim view of LE over a good many years now. I can say with total honesty that the Troopers of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol stand out heads and shoulders above every other LE Agency NATION WIDE. On the whole the OHP are the most courteous, selfless and professional men and women I have ever had the pleasure to know.  Every agency without a doubt has "bad apples" but in some agencies its systemic IMO. We are so blessed to have the Troopers we do because they are truly public servants both in name and in deed.  

View Quote

The OHP are generally pretty good I will admit. But I'm not going to take a chance one is having a bad day and will take it out on me.
Many LE just laugh about the OHP and call them Oklahoma's Interstate Ambassadors.  
NEVER take for granted they can really screw you over if they want!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#13]
A friend of mine is OHP and he said he only writes tickets if you're hauling way too much ass or if he pulls someone over while it's snowing/sleeting. If he has to get out of his car during snow someone is getting a ticket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top