Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2015 11:29:57 PM EDT
2015 Chocolate Mountain Naval Aerial Artillery Bombing Range Camp Trip.  Can't wait for next year

Your's truly.  Found an empty 20mm brass case with 1944 headstamp date on this ride.

Cobra getting ready to be used for training most likely.  Was just placed there.

Bomb from an FA18

One of the many helo's we saw.  This one was ripping up some old tanks with cannon fire.  Taken from the Bat Cave.  The night show was much better

Old guard shack at Slab City taken over by the shit bums living nearby in their shacks and school buses

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like it was a pretty cool trip.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
very cool
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet. Not sure where you're located but there is a pretty nice atv area at Lake Keystone. Appalachia Bay. 650 acre island (when it floods) with a single road going out. For atv's and dirt bikes only. Can ride there from campsites.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Pics of 20mm case?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What are those rugged things coming up out of the ground?

Cool pics, looks like a great time.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I never heard of a military practice range of any kind that allowed visitors on it, what's the story on this trip? Sounds cool.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome! Pics of 20mm case?
View Quote

This was a cool find.  We actually found a couple of them along  with some 50 Cal from some era.  The new brass next to it is current design and slightly larger in dimensions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never heard of a military practice range of any kind that allowed visitors on it, what's the story on this trip? Sounds cool.
View Quote

Sorry for delayed response, was out of town on work for a few days.  Exactly what I thought the 1st time I went out there.  It's a 100 square mile military range surrounded by BLM land with a pass thru the mountain at one end to get you to the BLM on the other side.
The pass is monitored by Border Patrol and you frequently encounter them.  We always stop and introduce ourselves and are sent on our way warning us we are there at our own risk.  The BP usually offers us his cell number in case we see any drug or human
traffic going on when we are out on the BLM land.  It's pretty clear where the military does not want you to be.  We stay on a few well traveled gravel roads and as long you are not in their way they seem to tolerate us  The SEALS have their desert warfare training base out there as well and the last thing I want to do is have one of them pissed off at us for being someplace we are not suppose to be.  We spend a lot of time on the BLM land geocaching and riding the Bradshaw Trail.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry for delayed response, was out of town on work for a few days.  Exactly what I thought the 1st time I went out there.  It's a 100 square mile military range surrounded by BLM land with a pass thru the mountain at one end to get you to the BLM on the other side.
The pass is monitored by Border Patrol and you frequently encounter them.  We always stop and introduce ourselves and are sent on our way warning us we are there at our own risk.  The BP usually offers us his cell number in case we see any drug or human
traffic going on when we are out on the BLM land.  It's pretty clear where the military does not want you to be.  We stay on a few well traveled gravel roads and as long you are not in their way they seem to tolerate us  The SEALS have their desert warfare training base out there as well and the last thing I want to do is have one of them pissed off at us for being someplace we are not suppose to be.  We spend a lot of time on the BLM land geocaching and riding the Bradshaw Trail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty cool, sounds fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top