Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 7:16:10 PM EDT
I'm in Edmond for a week, what are the best places to eat without breaking the bank?

Staying on West Memorial.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Pop's in Arcadia, they have like 600 sodas.
Another good option that is kinda out of the way but worth the drive is Eischen's in Okarche. They have some of the best fried chicken I've ever had.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Lets do Greek is not bad in Edmond , and Nhinja is pretty good for sushi.  Humble Pie is not bad for pizza and they make a decent Chicago style pie.   Stay out of Lottinvilles , the food is not all that great and its expensive. Far more so than it should be. Also if you go into OKC to eat avoid The Wedge and their putrid pizza offerings. They do the "artisinal" gourmet pizzas with a screwy ingredient list that makes for a bad pie and they have stratospherically high prices.   Some better choices for dining around the Metro include Banana Island if you like authentic Thai food, Deep Fork grill is great for steaks.   The Fish Grill is great as well  

IM me for a fairly long list of decent eateries.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a sushi place in Edmond, called The Sushi Bar that is fantastic.  They have some of the best, if not the best, Japanese food I've ever had in the US.  The seating is extremely comfortable and the staff very attentive.  The only downside is the noise but that was probably because they had the game playing on TV's all over the place.  It's nothing like the kind of place that should be doing that but they did.  On days with no game on iit should be even better.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
We ate at the Fish City Grill last night ... Very good!

Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends that live here.

Thanks for all the advice.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Hideaway Pizza.
Earl's bbq.
Steve's Ribs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:57:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Humble Pie on Broadway has really good deep dish pizza
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Ate at the Shack last night, I wish we had one of these back home!

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#8]
We went visiting up in Kansas over the weekend. Decided to eat at Mimi's Cafe since it was close. Mistake!  Not really bad, just not my kind of food at all.

Surgery this afternoon, so no more fine dining for me on this trip.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We went visiting up in Kansas over the weekend. Decided to eat at Mimi's Cafe since it was close. Mistake!  Not really bad, just not my kind of food at all.

Surgery this afternoon, so no more fine dining for me on this trip.

View Quote

I'm with you there, I went to Mimi's once......once.  Out of five of us, one person had food that was edible but barely.  It was bland horrible food not even fit for inmates.  We left with four full plates and one mostly full sitting on the table.  You couldn't pay me to eat there again.  We had heard they had great breakfast and maybe that's true but their non-breakfast meals aren't worth eating if it was free.

Hope your surgery went well! I have no doubt you'll feel much better once the post surgical pain eases up.

I blew out my frickin' L5/S1 or possibly L4/L5 last night, I haven't had that kind of pain since before my last surgery.  It's better today but that's with no activity.  This sucks sooo bad!  Maybe I'll get lucky and it was an isolated incident but I've never had good luck before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top