Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 12:10:43 AM EDT
Hi- new guy here. Can someone please provide me a link or some instruction on adding an avatar to my profile? I've tried to search it out/figure it out before resorting to asking..... Also when I tried to imbed a photo via photobucket using a way that seemed to work for me in another forum I just kept I bedding a direct link back to my photobucket account as opposed to actually posting the image- any help appreciated! Looking forward to participating
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!  I think you may have to have a minimum number of posts before you can put an avatar picture up.  That may be true for posting pics in the content also but I'll tell you what I do.

In Photobucket I choose the "direct" photo URL and copy it (the "image" URL should work also too).  Then, here in Arfcom, I click the "photo" button (it's the one fourth from the far end, looks like a pic of a mountain with a sun in the corner).  When the prompt pops up where you enter the URL, I delete everything already entered ("http://" if I remember correctly) and then paste my URL and click "OK".  That works for me.  There are some sights I can just put the URL into the body of the post and it work but I can never remember which sites do that and which don't so now I just use the standard method on everything.

To access the spot to insert an avatar pic, at the very top left of your screen, you click the little person button between the red log in/out button and your screen name.  Once that page comes up you click the "main" button that appears directly under the "Information" section.  After clicking the "main" button you'll see the section at the bottom of the page labeled "avatar". Directly under the "Avatar" section is the button to change avatar pics.  As I said though, you may need to meet a minimum post count before it lets you do anything.  

Hope that helps some.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to be a paid member to add a picture as your avatar.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome new person, obey all the rules and you will be okay.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Like a Lamb to slaughter. Now I don't remember how I did mine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
question is newb do you believe in bigfoot mt lions and Ufo`s.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
question is newb do you believe in bigfoot mt lions and Ufo`s.
View Quote

I have a Bigfoot feeder set out, my brother in law says he has seen a mountain lion, and many years ago after a few too many I saw something flying I could not identify..... So yes!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]

looks like you will fit in nicely  

welcome to the madhouse
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Wingman you forgot to say the box of ammo was a gift of appreciation from me! If I would have known that it was that instead of a couple people trying to finagle a box of ammo out of me I would have sent you one!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome!  I think you may have to have a minimum number of posts before you can put an avatar picture up.  That may be true for posting pics in the content also but I'll tell you what I do.

In Photobucket I choose the "direct" photo URL and copy it (the "image" URL should work also too).  Then, here in Arfcom, I click the "photo" button (it's the one fourth from the far end, looks like a pic of a mountain with a sun in the corner).  When the prompt pops up where you enter the URL, I delete everything already entered ("http://" if I remember correctly) and then paste my URL and click "OK".  That works for me.  There are some sights I can just put the URL into the body of the post and it work but I can never remember which sites do that and which don't so now I just use the standard method on everything.

To access the spot to insert an avatar pic, at the very top left of your screen, you click the little person button between the red log in/out button and your screen name.  Once that page comes up you click the "main" button that appears directly under the "Information" section.  After clicking the "main" button you'll see the section at the bottom of the page labeled "avatar". Directly under the "Avatar" section is the button to change avatar pics.  As I said though, you may need to meet a minimum post count before it lets you do anything.  

Hope that helps some.
View Quote

Thank you Brandi, I believe you are correct on all counts! As for you other guys, go ahead, pile on the newb while you can- I've got broad shoulders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top