Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2015 11:46:23 AM EDT
Well, we finally made it to the Tulsa area.  I had promised my better half that I would get her closer to her family near OKC from where we were living
in South Texas and I have to say I'm glad to be here.  Change is good.  I'm glad to be in State where most of the citizens are freedom loving
and share the same values I do.

You'll probably see a few of my sarcastic posts on here occasionally.  I'm pretty handy on AR builds if any of you local ARFCOM members need assistance,
just send a PM and I'll help if I can.

Hope to meet some of you at your next get together
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
question is....

do you believe in bigfoot mt lions and ufo`s
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Bigfoot? Somebody say Bigfoot?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome.
I'm in Tulsa area.
Have hobbies, Kids?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
question is....

View Quote

It was only mountain lions until daa9mm post giving us proof
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Welcome!

It's customary to bribe...payoff....give a gift to the Moderator when joining the State Forums, so I'll contact you later to give you the address to ship my complimentary case of ammo to.  
View Quote

I can share my 7.62 x39 "NATO" rounds that I bought off Arms List last week.  Yeah, it was a real listing.  Bet you don't have any of those  Thanks for the welcome
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome.
I'm in Tulsa area.
Have hobbies, Kids?
View Quote

Thanks for the welcome.  No kids of my own but some nephews who mean the world to me and my wife.  Besides shooting I'm outdoors
a lot.  I do a little kayaking and ATV riding.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome, no doubt you'll find Oklahoma very similar to Texas with the exception of being far, far, far, far, far better of course

You chose well, the Tulsa area is much nicer than the OKC area but then that's why they call that area of the state "green country" while here in OKC, we are "red dirt country".  I don't care how much money they throw at trying to make it sound appealing, the tourists aren't going to flock to " red dirt country" lol.  I will give them credit though, at least they were honest in their assessment, it's definitely a large expanse of red dirt

That said, there are some great folks here in the OKHTF and some outside.  Oh, if you don't have a storm shelter you should get one, for some reason the heavens are very, very upset with this state and rightfully so lol.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

question is....

well then welcome to the madhouse,you might go through the okhtf archives to see what craziness go`s on around here,lots of people can`t handle a bit of fun or a sense of humor,good luck

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Make sure you know the location of your closest storm shelter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]
OP: what are your thoughts on truck stops?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the area. NE of Broken Arrow checking in
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP: what are your thoughts on truck stops?
View Quote

Stay away from lot lizards and avoid West Memphis if at all possible
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Make sure you know the location of your closest storm shelter.
View Quote

Fortunately the house we bought has an in-ground shelter.  I've been working on getting a few preps in it.
I'm use to hurricanes with a couple weeks notice.  My wife grew up in Oklahoma so I've got somebody
with some experience to lean on.  Hope I never have to use it but that's probably wishful thinking
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#17]
No power still but we are ok.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to Oklahoma.  I'm sure you'll like the area once you get used to our pothole collection roads.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Welcome to Oklahoma.  I'm sure you'll like the area once you get used to our pothole collection roads.
View Quote

That's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Welcome, no doubt you'll find Oklahoma very similar to Texas with the exception of being far, far, far, far, far better of course

You chose well, the Tulsa area is much nicer than the OKC area but then that's why they call that area of the state "green country" while here in OKC, we are "red dirt country".  I don't care how much money they throw at trying to make it sound appealing, the tourists aren't going to flock to " red dirt country" lol.  I will give them credit though, at least they were honest in their assessment, it's definitely a large expanse of red dirt

That said, there are some great folks here in the OKHTF and some outside.  Oh, if you don't have a storm shelter you should get one, for some reason the heavens are very, very upset with this state and rightfully so lol.
View Quote

Besides the 3.2 water that we call beer here I could not agree more.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thats what moonshine is for...

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, the 3.2 beer thing is just ignorant, however, Oklahoma always has to be dragged kicking and screaming into reality so it's just SOP here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Welcome to green country KZ. Little river and the Illinois are good kayak waters. The Choctaw fest down by Clayton is a cool fall attraction. And don't forget the bigfoot festival down at Honobia. Other than that just a bunch of crazy rednecks. Have fun and don't let them trick you into visiting truck stops.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not trying to go blind
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its few drinking not eyedrops

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody tries to go blind, it's like a bonus you get when you drink the lead laden stuff.  It's a bonus cause have you seen those hillbilly chicks?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nobody tries to go blind, it's like a bonus you get when you drink the lead laden stuff.  It's a bonus cause have you seen those hillbilly chicks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tend to stay away from those hillbilly chicks. If she is unable to formulate a grammatically correct and intelligible sentence, then I am unable to find her attractive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#30]
yes and okay are both grammatically correct.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#31]
That is not entirely true, they do not contain complete thoughts; however, they are colloquial irregularities that everybody understands; however, I desire a girl who has more depth to her, a college degree, and preferably a professional degree to support my gun buying addiction.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That is not entirely true, they do not contain complete thoughts; however, they are colloquial irregularities that everybody understands; however, I desire a girl who has more depth to her, a college degree, and preferably a professional degree to support my gun buying addiction.
View Quote

AKA A Sugar Mama lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top