Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2015 3:47:03 PM EDT
Notice I said REASONABLY priced.  What are some good ones that don't cost the farm? It will be going on a railed G35.

Thanks.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
There's one thing that is important here, somethings you can go a little cheap on but gun lights ain't one.  There are three brands that I will own, Streamlight, SureFire and Crimson Trace.

If you act quickly Optics Planet currently has a sale going on with absolutely awesome prices.  There several Streamlight models that I would buy today if I had the money.  You'd be silly not to check them out.

I use a Surefire X400, which is a light/laser combo, but it's mucho expensive.  The light only versions are much cheaper and those on sale are a great deal, check it out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you want to do with it? Carry (open, concealed), HD, just for giggles, etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you want to do with it? Carry (open, concealed), HD, just for giggles, etc.

View Quote

Probably work security at the truck stop!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's one thing that is important here, somethings you can go a little cheap on but gun lights ain't one.  There are three brands that I will own, Streamlight, SureFire and Crimson Trace.

If you act quickly Optics Planet currently has a sale going on with absolutely awesome prices.  There several Streamlight models that I would buy today if I had the money.  You'd be silly not to check them out.

I use a Surefire X400, which is a light/laser combo, but it's mucho expensive.  The light only versions are much cheaper and those on sale are a great deal, check it out.
View Quote

I have that one on the Five seveN. It's 500 lumens which is plenty bright, almost too bright for a home defense/CQB situation. Currently the Inforce seems to be the brand du jour. I am picking up a TRL-1s today. I'm interested in seeing what the strobe function is like.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have that one on the Five seveN. It's 500 lumens which is plenty bright, almost too bright for a home defense/CQB situation. Currently the Inforce seems to be the brand du jour. I am picking up a TRL-1s today. I'm interested in seeing what the strobe function is like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't find it too bright, it's pretty bright inside but on occasions where I've had to do a walk around the outside house due to some unusual noises, it excels.  Combined with my Streamlight Strion rechargeable flashlight with strobe (which is bright enough to land aircraft with), it's a great combo. Of course there is the laser which only rubes and dipsticks can claim useless.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't find it too bright, it's pretty bright inside but on occasions where I've had to do a walk around the outside house due to some unusual noises, it excels.  Combined with my Streamlight Strion rechargeable flashlight with strobe (which is bright enough to land aircraft with), it's a great combo. Of course there is the laser which only rubes and dipsticks can claim useless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like over 200 lumens for HD as I've tested way too many lights and have found that I can't tolerate the super bright lights soon after waking. That's why I was wondering what he's going to do with it, for:

HD or CC: Inforce APL. Good interface, very little added bulk and has a nice and wide, even 200 lumen beam with decent throw for defensive uses.
HD on decent sized property: The throw of the X300U is going to be a big benefit.
Open carry or duty: The Surefire X300 is my favorite light due to the interface and excellent beam profile. Adds bulk that makes CC more difficult.

The TLR series of lights are pretty decent minus the wonky interface and cheap switches. The momentary only tape switches for long guns are quite serviceable and work well. For my CC I'm using a Surefire EB1 handheld for my pistol. HD AR gets an Inforce WML.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
streamlight is hard to beat at around $100 for their tlr-1 series.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no experience with Inforce but they seem to be popular among some folks.  

You might check out the EE also, there's usually some for sale in there.  Just have to watch prices, some people put ridiculous prices so compare their price with what's online.  Don't buy someones old incandescent light!
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't like over 200 lumens for HD as I've tested way too many lights and have found that I can't tolerate the super bright lights soon after waking. That's why I was wondering what he's going to do with it, for:

HD or CC: Inforce APL. Good interface, very little added bulk and has a nice and wide, even 200 lumen beam with decent throw for defensive uses.
HD on decent sized property: The throw of the X300U is going to be a big benefit.
Open carry or duty: The Surefire X300 is my favorite light due to the interface and excellent beam profile. Adds bulk that makes CC more difficult.

The TLR series of lights are pretty decent minus the wonky interface and cheap switches. The momentary only tape switches for long guns are quite serviceable and work well. For my CC I'm using a Surefire EB1 handheld for my pistol. HD AR gets an Inforce WML.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is great information. Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You're welcome Higgie.
Isn't that a great little light for a house gun really cheap?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You're welcome Higgie.
View Quote

Thanks friends.  I just want it for the house at night!  I won't carry it with the light on it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks friends.  I just want it for the house at night!  I won't carry it with the light on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're welcome Higgie.

Sorry for the smart comment.
But that light really is great for a house gun. I mounted it on an 870 with an adapter, ran 20+ rounds of 00 buckshot through at the farm to see how it worked. My FIL had me rig the same thing up for him after he shot it that night. It will light up a hallway or room, or outline a bad guy at 30 yards at night. Get a couple of extra batteries. They aren't expensive. That light will run one down in a short period.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're welcome Higgie.

APL

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But that light really is great for a house gun. I mounted it on an 870 with an adapter, ran 20+ rounds of 00 buckshot through at the farm to see how it worked. My FIL had me rig the same thing up for him after he shot it that night. It will light up a hallway or room, or outline a bad guy at 30 yards at night. Get a couple of extra batteries. They aren't expensive. That light will run one down in a short period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're welcome Higgie.

haha... I don't take anything personally on this site!  You're not nearly as bad as some of the superheros that used to be on here. At least you're allowed to have an opinion of your own now instead of having to think like everyone else.  ARFCOM OKHTF lost a lot of good members when that bullshit started.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Fortunately I'm still here, hard to believe I have the time when I'm so busy being awesome

Let's all sing.....

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble"
"When you're perfect in every way..."

Oh, wait, add a sarcastic tone to that....yeah, now it sounds right.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Higgie, I won't lie to you but I will bullshit you!
I have several Streamlights including one to mount on a rifle. That Nebo was a suggestion from your friend (and mine)  - you know, a gimped old peckerwood everybody used to BS about needing a motorized wheelchair.
He has helped me in ways I won't relate here and I really appreciate the guy for that.
Anyway he was spot on about that light, cheap and effective for a house gun.
I should get another one as a "just-in-case".
But geez, mounting it on a Glock?

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a little Nebo flashlight, has LED white light, green light and a laser.  Flashes all three in SOS for emergencies.  It's a tough little light in a decent aluminum housing but it's not very bright and has been relegated to the nightstand drawer as a backup light.  I wouldn't hesitate buying Nebo products, maybe not for a gun light but anything else.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I feel like hitting a disco when the TLR-1s is in strobe mode.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Higgie, I won't lie to you but I will bullshit you!
I have several Streamlights including one to mount on a rifle. That Nebo was a suggestion from your friend (and mine)  - you know, a gimped old peckerwood everybody used to BS about needing a motorized wheelchair.
He has helped me in ways I won't relate here and I really appreciate the guy for that.
Anyway he was spot on about that light, cheap and effective for a house gun.
I should get another one as a "just-in-case".
But geez, mounting it on a Glock?

View Quote

OH lord!  Don' tell me we have another poster of the "nuclear meltdown" Glock on our hands?  LOL.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I still have a WHITE leisure suit somewhere with wide collars on it!!!!  LOL
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think I still have a WHITE leisure suit somewhere with wide collars on it!!!!  LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that is truly frightening!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is telling you that is how you can recognize him at the truck stop!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That and the Saturday Night Fever Theme music Wingman Posted.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA after I had the TKR redone, three weeks or so, my wife took me out to breakfast at IHOP.
There was a couple in there in their late 60s or early 70s dressed like they had just come off the dance floor on Saturday Night Fever.
It cracked me up and had me grinning the whole time I was there. My wife was ticked at me but glad I was laughing after a month in the hospital and three surgeries on the knee.
She thought that old couple was cute even if dressed to the 9s 40 years out of fashion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top