Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2015 2:32:24 AM EDT
Starting November 1st....  http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=hb1911

Got to start shopping for a new carry knife now...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]

theres gotta be a catch...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I started looking when the bill was sent to the Governor. Any suggestions on an auto under $100?  BTW the bill just removed any language dealing with automatic (switchblade) knives.  It didn't specifically make them legal, just not illegal.  Might be a good idea to check any municipal regulations though, as I don't know if the knife law preemption bill has passed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It was done because it was becoming a big issue with police being able to tell the difference between all the assisted opening knives and the autos.  Since there is really no difference between the assisted opening and auto knives, other than the mechanism of opening, it made no sense to make one legal and the other illegal.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a pink Piranha Predator to carry as an EDC.  I love my little Buck Rush but I want something bigger for those "Oh Crap" events we all hope never happens but should always be prepared for.  I may to find some stuff to sell so I can buy one of these.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two Benchmade autos for EDC. One is a clip point serrated 5500 Presidio and the other is an unserrated tanto 9052 AFO II.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two Benchmade autos for EDC. One is a clip point serrated 5500 Presidio and the other is an unserrated tanto 9052 AFO II.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj195/leemozoid/20150409_222713_zpskmheut5n.jpg
View Quote

This is the one I would like to get. I have the none auto one, pre production model I picked up I think back in 2002. Did you order direct from benchmade?

DPMMN is a buddy of mine
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You dull blades better not carry anything sharp, you might hurt yourself.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is the one I would like to get. I have the none auto one, pre production model I picked up I think back in 2002. Did you order direct from benchmade?

DPMMN is a buddy of mine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj195/leemozoid/20150409_222713_zpskmheut5n.jpg

DPMMN is a buddy of mine

I bought the 5500 from bladehq.com and the 9052 from govx.com.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Problem is the "or any other offensive weapon" clause is still there which still leave crap open
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#9]
So does this allow OTF knives as well?  I ask because I am from Oklahoma a lot and go visit there a lot.  And I always have to remember to leave my Microtech at home.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the OTF would be fine as long as it's not double edged.  Of course  that stupid "any other offensive weapon" could mean anything.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I just picked up a Pro-Tech Newport with S35vn steel from BladeHQ in honor of this event for EDC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just picked up a Pro-Tech Newport with S35vn steel from BladeHQ in honor of this event for EDC.
View Quote

Is that why they call you the "Gay Blade" at the truck stop?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

DPMMN is a buddy of mine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DPMMN is a buddy of mine

He's a mean ole coot but we'll keep him around.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DPMMN is a buddy of mine

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#15]
if I knew this was going to pass,I`d neckbeared knives....

not an auto to be found now,worse than 22.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Its nice that we have some wealthy members who can afford something like a Protech Newport...
View Quote

He works hard for his money at the truck stop!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Its nice that we have some wealthy members who can afford something like a Protech Newport...
View Quote

I've seen Patrick's house, the guy has pools everywhere and the house must be at least 15 bedrooms.  It's crazy, he lives like one of those Hollywood people.  I rang the doorbell and his man servant "Hobson" answered the door.  The house was so big it took Hobson an hour and a half just to locate Patrick.  There are giant statue fountains of golden lions in the yard but instead of regular water, they pour out Perrier.  They don't even recycle the stuff, once it comes out of the lions mouth it flows down the street.  It's like he's the sultan of Edmond or something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#19]
So are autos GTG on Nov 1?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That is my understanding.
View Quote

Choices, choices, choices......
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's less than $200!!!!!

Quoted:
Quoted:

He works hard for his money at the truck stop!

You clean the floors there with your tongue!

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen Patrick's house, the guy has pools everywhere and the house must be at least 15 bedrooms.  It's crazy, he lives like one of those Hollywood people.  I rang the doorbell and his man servant "Hobson" answered the door.  The house was so big it took Hobson an hour and a half just to locate Patrick.  There are giant statue fountains of golden lions in the yard but instead of regular water, they pour out Perrier.  They don't even recycle the stuff, once it comes out of the lions mouth it flows down the street.  It's like he's the sultan of Edmond or something.

What the heck?  There is only 12 rooms.  The servant is named Henry.  It took Henry so long because I was taking my 7th nap of the day.  Those lions are not spewing that crappy sparkling water.... That is pure cold gold.... Coors Light!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh... whatever. I don't get what the big deal is with auto knives. I usually stick with fixed or regular folders.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Meh... whatever. I don't get what the big deal is with auto knives. I usually stick with fixed or regular folders.
View Quote

I will too, but I like to have one of everything.  So, picking out the one to buy is part of the fun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#25]

What the heck?  There is only 12 rooms.  The servant is named Henry.  It took Henry so long because I was taking my 7th nap of the day.  Those lions are not spewing that crappy sparkling water.... That is pure cold gold.... Coors Light!!
View Quote

My mistake, I was overwhelmed by the opulence and the Robin Leach monolog playing overhead lol.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Starting November 1st....  http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=hb1911

Got to start shopping for a new carry knife now...
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I got a Microtech Ultratech when I heard it was signed. Just waiting now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm leaning towards an H&K Entourage, I have a hard time justifying spending much more on pocket knives with as hard as I am on them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Had my twice a year outing yesterday and went to shoot at H&H.  If you haven't been by there in awhile, they now have a huge knife selection.  Everything from little Kershaw's to katanas.  It'll make a knife fan twitchy for sure lol.  I saw several I wanted.  As nice as the store is now, they should be putting more money into fixing the damn range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top