Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:42:51 PM EDT
The 2015 Pawnee Summer Run 'n Gun is officially open for registration!

The Pawnee Run 'n Gun is a test of both man and equipment.  It is a 5 or 10K biathlon with shooting stations along the way for rifle and pistol, designed to test the shooter's skill in a variety of situations, from close and fast to the Rifleman's Quarter Mile.  Participants must carry all weapons, ammo, water, and equipment with them through the entire course.  It is a unique opportunity to test you and your equipment's Second Amendment readiness under true field conditions.  We find that inducing the element of exhaustion really causes shooters to "sink to the level of their training," and can provide quite the gut check if you have never had to shoot under such conditions before.  Tickets are $75, and include a T-shirt and a meal.  There will be trophies for the top 3 in both the 5K and the 10K categories, and a drawing will be conducted after the event for the prizes contributed by the sponsors and organizers.  

There are 90 slots available for this event, and they are going fast.

Go to www.okrunngun.com for info and to sign up.  See you in Pawnee!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.okrunngun.com/
Fixt da link.

I'm in, I don't care if I have to walk the whole thing. I missed out last time due to my stupid knee.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just signed up.
It'll be a long drive from Indiana, but looks like a blast.

Can't wait
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
In!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Just signed up for the 10k. Started working out in December to get ready. Started the running training phase yesterday. Working on dry fire right now with the pistol.

We going to have an ARFCOM meet up?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Signed up the other day. Haven't really done any training aside from the regular range so should be interesting. Maybe I should stop sitting on the couch so much.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just signed up for the 10k. Started working out in December to get ready. Started the running training phase yesterday. Working on dry fire right now with the pistol.

We going to have an ARFCOM meet up?
View Quote

I'd be there. Build your own T-shirt is back online in the store, I'm making an olive shirt with the regular BFL on the front and the OK HTF logo on the back. Should be easy enough to find.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
How do the ARFCOM shirts fit size wise. I am 6'4" and currently 205. (Was 215 pounds 17 days ago). I know I will need to get a tall size, just don't know about large or XL.

What rigs are you all going to be running? What rifles and pistols?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How do the ARFCOM shirts fit size wise. I am 6'4" and currently 205. (Was 215 pounds 17 days ago). I know I will need to get a tall size, just don't know about large or XL.

View Quote

No idea on sizes, I ordered a L and can let you know how it fits.

Just a couple pistol mags on my regular belt and an Ares Armor chest rig for AR mags. 14.5" BCM w/ TA33 GH & a Glock 17.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm gonna bring a 16" BCM/Noveske AR with Eotech red dot and magnifier, Glock 27, and Tactical Tailor chest rig for rifle and pistol mags.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you going to carry a hydration pack?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd say no as it is only a 5k (for me) buuuuut a few liters of water would be really nice if there's a backup/slowdown anywhere on the course. So maybe.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd say no as it is only a 5k (for me) buuuuut a few liters of water would be really nice if there's a backup/slowdown anywhere on the course. So maybe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this. I carried a bottle of water in my rig when I ran in the first one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I  going to carry a 3 liter camelbak filled with ice water. It will be really nice to have if just standing around

I am also doing the 10k.

Don't have my rig yet. How much ammo is everyone carrying? I was thinking 120 rifle and 75 pistol.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think I  going to carry a 3 liter camelbak filled with ice water. It will be really nice to have if just standing around

I am also doing the 10k.

Don't have my rig yet. How much ammo is everyone carrying? I was thinking 120 rifle and 75 pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am also doing the 10k.

5K -- 26 rifle, 11 pistol, 27 rifle or pisol

10K -- 33 rifle, 33 pistol

4 AR mags (chest rig holds 4) and 3 Glock 17 mags (2 belt/1 in pistol) is what I'm bringing.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm on the wait list.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#16]
How's everyone's training going? I am still working on running. Today I did 3 minutes run, 2 walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 3 run, 2 walk.  It was just over 3 miles including a 5 minute warm up and cool down walk.

After I complete my 10k trainer, I am going to go out to my pasture land and throw on my gear and see how it all feels during a run. I have some nice hills I can run up and down.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Training for this type event should be continuous and year round.

After all, strong people are harder to kill!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How's everyone's training going? I am still working on running. Today I did 3 minutes run, 2 walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 3 run, 2 walk.  It was just over 3 miles including a 5 minute warm up and cool down walk.

After I complete my 10k trainer, I am going to go out to my pasture land and throw on my gear and see how it all feels during a run. I have some nice hills I can run up and down.

View Quote

The shooting events will help break up the running. If you're in reasonable shape I think you'll be OK.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#19]
On Monday I ran 1.5 Min, walk 2 Min, x6, 5 min. warm and cool.

Have been wanting to get 'back in shape' for a while now; trying to use this to push me some. Most of my time the last few years has been dedicated to playing/watching my two kids (5yr and 1yr old). Evenings and weekends are my 'shift'. So no range time practice for me
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Have been wanting to get 'back in shape' for a while now; trying to use this to push me some. Most of my time the last few years has been dedicated to playing/watching my two kids (5yr and 1yr old). Evenings and weekends are my 'shift'. So no range time practice for me
View Quote

Please stop! You're breaking my heart!
I've been laid up for months and can barely go to the grocery store, much less run.
Damn I miss running!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've been laid up for months and can barely go to the grocery store, much less run.

Damn I miss running!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn I miss running!

Interesting. Why are you 'laid up' as you say??

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I miss running!

TKR, MRSA infection, removal of the joint, hospitlized for the infection, revision of the TKR, therapy, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Pshh, nothing triple antibiotic ointment and a band aid wouldn't fix.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hills?? You're definitely not in the OKC area.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Training for this type event should be continuous and year round.

After all, strong people are harder to kill!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Damn I miss running!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I miss running!

bet if you ran into oldmanDan playing the alienprobingufodrivingbigfootcougar at the truck stop you'd run, just remember you'd only have to run approx 17 yards cause at his age he's liable to stroke out after about 13 geriatric steps, then while waiting on ems to arrive you can test out your tooth extracting pliers you learned to use at the dental vo-tech academy
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

bet if you ran into oldmanDan playing the alienprobingufodrivingbigfootcougar at the truck stop you'd run, just remember you'd only have to run approx 17 yards cause at his age he's liable to stroke out after about 13 geriatric steps, then while waiting on ems to arrive you can test out your tooth extracting pliers you learned to use at the dental vo-tech academy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I miss running!

that's it, kick a man when he's down!
Poor Dan, in the hole and everybody kicking shit on him!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in Woodward. We have a few hills, they aren't mountains or anything.

I am also using this as motivation to get into better shape. I have went from 225 down to 195 since January. I think I am about to the end of the weight loss, I am 6'4" anyways. I am just trying to tone everything up. I am feeling better and better. I used to hate running, but now it gives me a little bit of time to myself while the wife watches the 2 year old.

Will there be anything for the wife and kids at the run? I'm guessing not. They are thinking of coming with me, but might go to Stillwater and do some shopping.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Are there any ranges around the Owasso/Tulsa area that go out to 500 yards? I know United States Shooting Academy has a 300 yard range, although it was during a class I shot at that particular area. Not sure if it's only reserved for classes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#30]
What's the consensus on pants vs shorts for the competition? I have both, I just don't know what terrain and obstacles I will run into. Shorts will be cooler, but pants will offer more protection.

Also, if anyone wants to shoot out to 500 yards, and you don't mind a drive, let me know and I can take you out to the range here.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I wear pants (albeit lightweight ones) there are some grassy, brushy areas that you have to trek through, nothing real major, but enough that I want some protection on these lilly white legs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Similar outfit question: do people recommend hiking boots for this trail, or can lighter weight shoes offer enough protection and support?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]
You''ll find the gamut of footwear. Some wear military style boots, some wear running shoes.

Me, I'll wear my Merrill Moab's

I know a couple peckerheads that will be wearing Solomon 4D Quest boots.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You''ll find the gamut of footwear. Some wear military style boots, some wear running shoes.

Me, I'll wear my Merrill Moab's

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81xYabxGb5L._UX500_.jpg

I know a couple peckerheads that will be wearing Solomon 4D Quest boots.

http://purposefootwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/3e0d2edd-9234-4fe0-9909-386eb0e86a15.jpg
View Quote

Cool. I've got some Timberland mids that fit next to those Merrills.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I have been training in merrel ventilated moabs. They are my favorite shoe. I wear a pair of waterproof ones everyday (not a fan of waterproofing).

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Never mind.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Projected heat index of 112 Degrees for next weekend. Fun fun
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Double checked zero and started gathering gear together today. Really looking forward to this, hot weather and all.
My friends and I are heading out from Indiana early Friday. 12 hour drive for me.

I emailed the organizers with a question, but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact the organizers? The FB page was nuked, so that's out. It wasn't anything critical.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Double checked zero and started gathering gear together today. Really looking forward to this, hot weather and all.
My friends and I are heading out from Indiana early Friday. 12 hour drive for me.

I emailed the organizers with a question, but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know of an alternate method to contact the organizers? The FB page was nuked, so that's out. It wasn't anything critical.

Thanks
View Quote

What do you need to know? I might be able to help.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-snip-

Thanks

We have a group of 5 that would like to stick together thoughout the day. Moving from stage to stage as a group. i wanted to touch base ahead of time to be sure we could pull this off without messing up any scheduling.

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, I can tell you that in the past, they have allowed groups to run together. If I was you, I'd find Daniel first thing so you can get consecutive start times or concurrent start  times.

Good luck, see you there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, I can tell you that in the past, they have allowed groups to run together. If I was you, I'd find Daniel first thing so you can get consecutive start times or concurrent start  times.

Good luck, see you there.
View Quote

Will do.
Thanks again for your help
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm heading down from Nebraska with another guy to run this...hope I'm ready!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I hope I'm ready too. I've never shot a rifle before but I've seen it done in movies.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I hope I'm ready too. I've never shot a rifle before but I've seen it done in movies.
View Quote
Unfortunately Pawnee, OK doesn't have a Holiday Inn Express.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#46]
In the news..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gay-target-practice_559fffb3e4b05b1d02903a6a

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Anybody have a 5k ticket that can't make it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Well that was a great experience. I'm not sure if "fun" is the right word, but I had  some of that, too.

9/10, would participate again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, lets see: Running a 5K with about 30 lbs of rifle, pistol, ammo and water, 109 heat index, lots of up hill running, crawling on your hands, belly and knees under a barb wire obstacle in some large gravel, oh ya, it was lots of fun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#50]
The 10k in the heat was brutal, but it was an absolute blast.
A big thanks to the host and organizers for running such a great event. We were pleasantly surprised at how smoothly everything was ran. Especially for such a large, spread out COF.

Any idea when scores/run times will be released? Due to the long drive, we had to leave early.

Thanks again
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top