Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 5:03:28 PM EDT
Looks they have given up! Good show gun advocates.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5400112?utm_source=NewsOK.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NIC-Facebook

Made hot Wingman26

http://m.newsok.com/article/5400112?utm_source=NewsOK.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NIC-Facebook

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am on a mobile. Can't make it hot right now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I notice that the statement says "at this time". It's not gone, they're just waiting for the right moment to strike.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if they worded it in a way to "save their pride". Nobody likes being wrong so if someone high up told ATF to go pound sand, they may have begrudgingly issued a reversal of the decision.

What I love are all the chumps who overpaid for M855, which will be dirt cheap once surplus hits the market.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if they worded it in a way to "save their pride". Nobody likes being wrong so if someone high up told ATF to go pound sand, they may have begrudgingly issued a reversal of the decision.

What I love are all the chumps who overpaid for M855, which will be dirt cheap once surplus hits the market.
View Quote

These are the same guys that paid 2K for a Del-Ton AR after Sandy Hook. Sad but people will pay through the nose for things they think are going to get banned.

Not that there is anything wrong with Del-Ton ARs btw.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Give em time...they just trying to figure out a new angle...bunch of persistent assholes they are.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Many people wait till the last minute to buy things and pay more than they should. I have more ammo than I can shoot and keep it that way but then I wear tin foil underwear.
I wouldn 't go so far as to call those panic buyers chumps. It was a government contrived "shortage" while they are billions of rounds in the pipeline that haven't hit the market yet.
If you've paid more than $ 20 for a brick of 22 then you are a chump using the standards you just used.
There is no shortage of 22 ammo only BS flippers soaking up all they can get and trying to make a killing on it.
They are the ones we hope get it broke off in their ass.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Many people wait till the last minute to buy things and pay more than they should. I have more ammo than I can shoot and keep it that way but then I wear tin foil underwear.
I wouldn 't go so far as to call those panic buyers chumps. It was a government contrived "shortage" while they are billions of rounds in the pipeline that haven't hit the market yet.
If you've paid more than $ 20 for a brick of 22 then you are a chump using the standards you just used.
There is no shortage of 22 ammo only BS flippers soaking up all they can get and trying to make a killing on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the reason the gougers get away with charging the prices they do for things.  I remember buying Federal Bulk packs for $15.00 all day.  I WILL NOT buy another round of 22lr until prices stabilize.  That shit has gone BEYOND reasonable with the prices it is bringing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
If more real patriots took a stand and rooted out the scum who have made it their mission to profit off of denying ammunition to American citizens, the shortage would have ended over a year ago.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If more real patriots took a stand and rooted out the scum who have made it their mission to profit off of denying ammunition to American citizens, the shortage would have ended over a year ago.
View Quote

Be careful or you'll have the fat beer drinkers, with tacticool ARs all up in arms spewing antigovernment slogans!!!!

The way to bring prices back to a reasonable range is STOP paying rediculous prices for the shit. Let it sit in the shelves and collect dust. Sooner or later the gougers will figure out that the gun community is tired of getting screwed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got news for you - the ammo companies haven't ignored this. 22 prices are up there to stay, not as high as the flippers are charging, but thy are going to be up to  a minimum of $25 a brick from now on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Be careful or you'll have the fat beer drinkers, with tacticool ARs all up in arms spewing antigovernment slogans!!!!

The way to bring prices back to a reasonable range is STOP paying rediculous prices for the shit. Let it sit in the shelves and collect dust. Sooner or later the gougers will figure out that the gun community is tired of getting screwed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, I dont really come in here anymore.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLOLOLOL.  Hey Chuck.  How have you been?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely, the folks who buy this ammo from gougers are just as much to blame as the gougers themselves.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy cow, he speaks! What's up Chuck?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome back, stranger!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Absolutely, the folks who buy this ammo from gougers are just as much to blame as the gougers themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN sister!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]
It's refreshing that you guys are reasonable about ammo prices, gougers, hoarders, etc.

Those of us who shoot often and probably have a decent amount on hand are fine.. We'll be fine.

It's the new shooters who get dinged that hurt us the most. We need as many people as possible to enjoy guns and to support the cause.

But noooo. The "I got mine. fuck you" attitude that is prevalent in this community helps nobody.

Gun owners are their own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's refreshing that you guys are reasonable about ammo prices, gougers, hoarders, etc.

Those of us who shoot often and probably have a decent amount on hand are fine.. We'll be fine.

It's the new shooters who get dinged that hurt us the most. We need as many people as possible to enjoy guns and to support the cause.

But noooo. The "I got mine. fuck you" attitude that is prevalent in this community helps nobody.

View Quote

We have members here (LARman) who go out out of there way to help new shooters.
And we have others who call people scrambling to get ammo "chumps" if they pay a high price to get the ammo.
Now you are changing your tune?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#21]
And now the ATF Director is saying "all types of the 5.56 military-style ammo used by shooters pose a threat to police as more people buy the AR-15-style pistols".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/12/atf-raises-new-concerns-about-ar-15-ammo/?intcmp=latestnews
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And we have others who call people scrambling to get ammo "chumps" if they pay a high price to get the ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone is buying their "high price" ammo from resellers, then yeah, they are just as bad as those who profit off denying ammo to other shooters.  Those people are supporting the problem and therefore, part of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If someone is buying their "high price" ammo from resellers, then yeah, they are just as bad as those who profit off denying ammo to other shooters.  Those people are supporting the problem and therefore, part of the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went into Dicks the other day looking for 22 ammo. They have all kinds of 22 rifles they can't sell because of the ammo shortage.
When it comes in people buy as much as they can and it goes quickly.
I hate competing against the ammo flippers at Walmart and Dicks.
I also resent calling people chumps who can't buy ammo at reasonable prices.
At one time I trained hard with a handgun and went through thousands of rounds in a short period of time. I learned to buy ammo in bulk quantities.
Only being able to buy 22 in 50 or 500 round lots irks me no end.
There is a certain point that taking care of yourself at the cost to others is shitty.
The last time I got three bricks at Walmart (months ago) I kept one and sold the other two at cost to coworkers.
22s are essential to training others to shoot because of the reduced recoil.
Calling those buying ammo to train with chumps because they scramble to get it is insulting whether it is 22 or 5.56!
It is just a poor choice of words I hope wasn't meant to insult the less fortunate or new shooters.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I definitely think people should be stocked up on ammo, I have no issue with people buying ammo for their own use but I have HUGE issues with those who sit outside stores, monitor when shipments come in, are part of organized groups designed specifically for the purpose of buying as much ammo as possible as soon as it comes available, all for the sole purpose of forcing other people to buy from them at an increased price.  That is traitorism for profit in my opinion and I'd revoke citizenship for every one of them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doing fine. I'll be up in your area early May for the 5 State rally/poker run.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Chuckles!! Where and how the hell you been?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. I think I am going to ride that one as well. I have some friends locally that want to go. Hope to see you if it works out. I'll buy you a beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top