Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 8:57:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
not enough traffic going on in here anymore for a discussion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not enough traffic going on in here anymore for a discussion.
View Quote

You said it. You spoke the truth.
This place is just a ghost of a once tight knit, thriving internet community.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
no kidding,theres a LOT of okla members up in GD but they don`t come in here though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]

no.

i know who won Dakar, and the Chili Bowl.

all i need.

I'll stay on top of the Rolex 24 at Daytona this weekend, too.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Bum Intel, no warrant, didn't identify himself as a cop. Tough shit. Glad he's ok, but tough shit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
The little prick who got arrested for it looks like a real piece of work. This is called "swatting" and is becoming an issue more and more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:24:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
no kidding,theres a LOT of okla members up in GD but they don`t come in here though.
View Quote

And GD is a sewer of depraved degenerates.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There damn sure is a lot of Texans there!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bum Intel, no warrant, didn't identify himself as a cop. Tough shit. Glad he's ok, but tough shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, my sentiments exactly except I'm angry about the cops ignoring the US Constitution.

Quoted:
The little prick who got arrested for it looks like a real piece of work. This is called "swatting" and is becoming an issue more and more.

Which is worse? The idiot that spoofed the call or the cops kicking down the door without a warrant?
It is customary to kick down doors during investigations without a warrant?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still in shock that they didn't charge the poor fellow who's house they broke in to.

One of my worst nightmares
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm still in shock that they didn't charge the poor fellow who's house they broke in to.

View Quote

If they have charged him, they haven't publicized it. If they do in the future, it won't make the news.
It is scary they kicked that door in and made entry without a warrant.
WTF were they thinking?????
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

no.

all i need.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

no.

all i need.

a Midget winning the Midget car was the ultimate in irony.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

all i need.

Was a midget involved in kicking down that door?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would they charge the guy anyway? Not one of those two cops ID'd themselves as cops upon entry and they had no warrant. It was a bad day all around because the cops fucked up. i see no reason to charge the guy, bad publicity or not.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This... hopefully I am just suspicious of anyone in authority no matter what office they hold or badge they wear, but like Lifestar says, it's my worst nightmare in that type of scenario. I can't keep from wondering whether or not the system would still actually work in favor of the illegally raided man if he landed fatal gunshots.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This... hopefully I am just suspicious of anyone in authority no matter what office they hold or badge they wear, but like Lifestar says, it's my worst nightmare in that type of scenario. I can't keep from wondering whether or not the system would still actually work in favor of the illegally raided man if he landed fatal gunshots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you think?
LE wouldn't walk away if one of them had died.. The home owner would have been killed or wounded. On the outside chance he wasn't shot, he would be ruined financially with legal expenses or sent to jail for a long time.
I am pretty sure they knew they were wrong in what they did from the get go but did it anyway. They may have thought it necessary but they should have known it was wrong.
What should scare everyone is the attitude that sent LE into the house and that it sure is being kept quiet.
I am fairly certain that civil liberties will be taken from us someday by the government. An incident like this is really nothing compared to what happened with the Boston Bombing. The silence and the acquiescence by the public is a sure sign we as a whole will give them up without a fight.
I am not a criminal by intent. But by so many laws and regulations anyone can be classified a criminal. SWAT TACTICS ARE USED FOR THE FLIMSIEST EXCUSES. Many of us will fight and die because we would not believe it is the police breaking down our doors for a BS reason.
I will give LE credit if they don't press charges on this homeowner for their fuck up.. But I won't bet he is going to get off scot free either.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Just like the cops kicking in your door with a warrant for the house 2 doors down...ooops...but who pays the price? You for defending your house against invasion with up to and including deadly force? Or the cops for making an error on the house address? Cops are out of control all across the country. How are they reigned in? Who does the reigning? When does it all start?

I think the single biggest improvement would be the creation of citizens advisory councils for every agency at every level. The individual councils would be made up of average everyday people like you or I. And they would investigate every incident of accused police wrong doings. Not like the run of the mill grand jury scams going on...but a group of people from all walks of life with no interest in the incident what so ever, and the convening person would be a random lawyer selected from the individual state BAR association.

It would only take a few convictions of cops doing wrong before it started to trickle a cultural change for them.

One thing for certain...the ole "Serve and Protect" went out the window long long ago. Like Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor just said at oral arguments for Rodriguez v. United States..."Stop bending the Constitution to favor cops."
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#20]
that muskogee shooting is starting to get kinda

some of the troublemakers from fergie are tryin to get more attention on this
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just like the cops kicking in your door with a warrant for the house 2 doors down...ooops...but who pays the price? You for defending your house against invasion with up to and including deadly force? Or the cops for making an error on the house address? Cops are out of control all across the country. How are they reigned in? Who does the reigning? When does it all start?

I think the single biggest improvement would be the creation of citizens advisory councils for every agency at every level. The individual councils would be made up of average everyday people like you or I. And they would investigate every incident of accused police wrong doings. Not like the run of the mill grand jury scams going on...but a group of people from all walks of life with no interest in the incident what so ever, and the convening person would be a random lawyer selected from the individual state BAR association.

It would only take a few convictions of cops doing wrong before it started to trickle a cultural change for them.

One thing for certain...the ole "Serve and Protect" went out the window long long ago. Like Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor just said at oral arguments for Rodriguez v. United States..."Stop bending the Constitution to favor cops."
View Quote

OKC has a citizen's review team for shootings. It is a rubber stamp for the PD. Almost 80 instances of shootings And not one cop was fired. Only one was reprimanded and it was reversed in a union grievance.
The cop setting the dog on a suspect on the ground who stabbed the dog in self defense was then killed by the cop. The coroner was asked to change the autopsy report to the direction the bullets came from.
Some body should have gone to prison for that. More than one considering the incident.
We are moving into a police state IMO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats another thing that bugs the fuck out of me.. Cop unions. Seldomly will a cop be dropped for anything, even the most obvious wrong doing, as long as the FOP or other unions can be allowed to pull weight.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#23]
You have to wonder how unions for any level of government job got allowed....ALL government employees are employed at tax payer convenience....somewhere along the lines that fell through the cracks too....our government sucks at all levels...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top