Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2014 7:51:10 PM EDT
I have buddy that just moved to Guymon for a new job. He's staying with another friend for now, but is obviously looking for his own place. He says he's having a hard time finding anything that is available. I figured I'd come here and try to help a brother out.

He's looking for a house preferably to rent at first. Just him, his GF, and their dog, though the GF and dog are staying in Denver until they have a place to live.

And if anyone has any info on the area in general, that would be cool too. He's a member here, but hardly ever posts. I'm not even sure what his screenname is.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Between the oil patch and all the illegal aliens in the Panhandle, he is going to have a very hard time finding decent and reasonable rental. Good luck to him!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
no one's answered cause we're not real sure where  Guymon is, (up thar?)  it's just a name in the weather where extremes occur.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no one's answered cause we're not real sure where  Guymon is, (up thar?)  it's just a name in the weather where extremes occur.
View Quote

Hog Farms...
Feed Pen Stock Operations
Natural Gas Wells..
I know they have a hospital because I Dr I worked with flew his plane there to work from OKC.

other than that no one knows a lot about it, because no one goes up/over there.
pretty isolated and contained.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That's higgimw's neck of the woods. Maybe he can offer some insight.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell him to look at the smaller town around there as well.  Each town along highway 54 is 10 miles apart.  20 miles in either direction will give him some decent places to look.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no idea where Guymon is, I've heard the name but that's it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the help. Sounds like he is just going to have to be patient. And that the area kinda sucks a bit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Panhandle. Five hour drive from the metro and 10 hours to the Rockies!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gas pedal is to the right of the brake, there grandma!!  I make it in 4 every time!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The gas pedal is to the right of the brake, there grandma!!  I make it in 4 every time!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, Patrick called Leemo a grandma, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I grew up around Guymon, my family still lives there.  Back when I was a teenager and in college I worked at a feedyard, my foreman came over as an illegal in the early 70's.  He eventually became a citizen and for about 20 years lived in a trailer at the feedyard, he saved up and bought rentals when I left the panhandle in 07 he had 15 rentals.  Back before the hog farms one could buy houses in Guymon for $30k and in the surrounding towns for $15K.  I'm guessing those 15-20 rentals are making him one hell of a retirement these days.  

I'm going to be up there next week, Ill try to look him up and see if he has anything open.  I'll also ask my brother he rents in Goodwell.  Your friend can check in Goodwell maybe someone flunked out and a trailer might be open.  Just tell him to go to the two gas stations and ask, at the one on 54 there is always 2-3 people sitting around doing nothing during the day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the help.

Corran, I'll make sure he sees this thread and listens to your advice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm back from my trip to the Panhandle.  Unfortunately I could not locate the guy with the rent houses phone number.  I asked my family and no one knew of anything in Texhoma, or Goodwell.  Like I said check the gas stations in Goodwell.  Sorry I couldn't help more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#17]
No worries. Thank you for the help!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too slow. I can make it in two hours driving easily.

I do live only 30 miles from the panhandle though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way Patrickcudd can makie it to the panhandle in less than four hours is if he doesn't pass any truck stops!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top