Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 12:18:08 AM EDT
Is it bad that I don't give two rusty fucks about the situation? Not because it has no effect on me, but because the situation is a dead horse at this point. The riots are only for attention whores in my opinion. What ever
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If you dont have anything nice to say ....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
He's entitled to his opinion, no need for that kind of response.

I've not been following it for one reason.  The only person who knows what really happened is the PO involved.  There is no way in hell anyone else knows what happened so all these people rioting are doing it based on their opinion which is a piss poor reason to cause that kind of unrest and violence.  

The PO said the guy went for his gun and he shot in self defense.  If that's true, he was justified in shooting the guy.  All the protesters are just assuming it happened another way because of racial issues.  The core of the matter is there is no way for the truth to be known for sure unless there were witnesses or video and there wasn't.  I understand people being upset but without knowing for sure one way or the other there is zero excuse for the rioting and violence they've had because of people protesting something that they have absolutely no idea what really happened.  

I haven't followed it for that reason, it's an emotional situation but people need to act by the facts not on emotion or opinion or guessing.  I've heard all these people there say they "know" what happened and they want justice but the real facts are they don't "know" anything and they are just assuming.  Unless some new piece of compelling evidence shows up to prove the PO was in the wrong, they cannot find him guilty.  If he did something wrong, like the protesters claim, and he's found innocent because of lack of evidence, it's unfortunate and sad, but it happens.  It happens both ways also unfortunately, and what is sad is these protesters are so blinded at this point that they wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if the PO was found guilty even if he was innocent but they will riot if he's found not guilty even though not a single one of them actually knows, for a fact, if he's actually not guilty or guilty.  It's all pretty hypocritical but that's the way it goes.  If the PO did wrong and there was real proof, I'd be first in line to say he needs to be punished but in this situation, the proof isn't there (at least that I have seen, as I said I quit watching what was going on because these protesters have already made their minds up and are going to riot if he's found not guilty even if he is innocent).
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you dont have anything nice to say ....
View Quote

hey there 13`er,don`t come into okhtf insulting the regulars just because you don`t agree with someones opinion...
go back to DU where you belong.

mods IP check on isle 3 please.
see ya.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I apologize
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya seriously dude wtf? Just hop in here to piss on Cheerios? As you grow in this little world of arfcom, you will discover many like me. I am one of a handful here in the htf who will cuss in typed word just as much as I do in spoken.

With that said, you may fuck off with your FNG 13r shenanigans while I accept your apology

I now return us to regularly scheduled discussion

By the way, who do you owe the case of ammo too?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you dont have anything nice to say shut your c***k s****r.
View Quote

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It only concerns me because I'm afraid it represents a serious problem in our society. You have people who are handed everything from housing to food and cell phones and still aren't happy. The victim mentality is so strong that they feel that anything they do is justified and not their fault while any consequences from their actions are racist and unfairly targeted. Obama, Holder, The Justice Brothers, and other race baiters are only compounding the problem. Good, hardworking, and honest blacks are really going to get hurt out of this whole thing. They're going to be caught in the middle and I'm afraid they'll suffer because of the actions of the ghetto goblins and thugs, if this keeps on and we end up with an actual race war it won't be pretty. I don't think its an overnight thing but I think the situation is deteriorating.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Lock & load.........................
That is all............
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
There's no denying black people have gotten royally screwed from the start and it continues still today in various forms to a lesser degree, that's not an opinion, it's a fact, however, you can choose to let all of that be an excuse for sitting on your butt and doing nothing but make the problem worse or you can choose to be the bigger person, not let small minded people hold you back and move ahead in life.  There are plenty of examples of both in America but unfortunately it seems the former seems to be the majority.  

There IS racism in America and it extends from the bottom to the top.  Black people are often forced to take the worst jobs and accept lower pay to do them on top of the abuse they endure in the process.  This isn't everywhere but it's not uncommon either so I understand that there is a certain degree of animosity involved from the black community and it's well justified.  It's similar to the discrimination that women, GLBT, folks of differing religions and other "minority" groups have faced and still continue to face.  

The thing is it's tough when white, male, christian, straight society stacks obstacles in your way just to live a normal life but you can either choose to sit on your butt, complain and make the problem worse or you can work to break down the obstacles, move forward and make a better life for yourself and those who follow behind you.  Unfortunately, the easy way is to just sit on your butt, draw a check of free money and try to justify it to yourself by saying you can't get a job because you're black.  It's also extremely hard to convince young black boys that it's better to go to school and get a job that may pay $500 per week when they see others who didn't go to school, driving high end cars, flush with cash and living a lifestyle that they would never have by doing the right thing.  When a low level drug dealer can make exponentially more money in one day than they could in a week of working a "legitimate" job, it takes a whole lot of pride in yourself to turn that down.  

What we see in Ferguson are a whole lot of people who have lived with a whole lot of adversity and are frustrated and angry.  This frustration and anger manifests itself into what we are seeing in Ferguson.  The shooting is what ignited the flame but it's much, much more than that feeding the flame and I don't know if there is a way to put it out.  It's extremely hard to end racism when the actions of those who have "disenfranchised" themselves because of racism are breeding the very excuses used as examples for racism.  Example: millions of black Americans who don't work, draw money from the government, have extremely high crime rates because "the system holds them down", so many don't bother to try.  That is a main excuse given for racism, whites saying "they are lazy, living off their tax money, always committing crimes...".  I think it's going to take a radical change of mentality in the low income black community.  There are a lot of successful black people who work really hard to do that very thing but they are way outnumbered and it's like trying to repair a broken dam with a coffee cup of concrete.  I really don't know how it can be fixed but the issue in Ferguson is just one small sign of a much larger disease.

Just my opinion anyway.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
the real story

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
That whole thing in Ferguson thoroughly pisses me off...as per normal as i have seen...the cop's version generally sounds a little more realistic then the "mobs" version...

The entire rioting bullshit is a failure of the MO government from the governor (huge laughing stock for that state) on down to the police chief in Ferguson. It should not have been allowed to happen from the get go and now they have set a precedent...how can the next city to experience this level of civil disobedience protect the bystanders, property, etc with the full use of their resources after Ferguson received so much attention and was allowed to happen as it did and continues? They cannot.

MO needs to redo their government starting with kicking that lame ass Nixon in his ass out the door...next would be that McCulloch clown or whatever his name is (prosecutor) he found it worthy to release the results at night...only thing he did with that was minimize justice from being carried out against the looters and all who partook in the violence and destruction.

And Brandi, the issue of race isnt the issue in Ferguson or anywhere in regards to this situation...Those people who have complaints protested peacefully. Everything else was simple opportunistic behavior...had they simply attacked, destroyed or looted corporate busniess, like the walgreens they did, and left the simple 1 shop ma and pop shops (who mostly from what i gather are owned by local blacks) alone, could be a different view...but they didnt, so the way i see it, with the amount of criminal activity that happened, their race issue is null and void. They were simply shopping. Watching the news that night, there were like car convoy's following each other from store to store...sorry, that has nothing to do with any race issue...that simply builds the stereotypes.

The main fail with Ferguson like i said...is the government allowing it to happen...just as they have the right to peaceful protest...EVERYONE there has the right to living in peace. The government failed everyone in that city by not kicking it in the ass 3 months ago when it all first happened.

Just opinions from an average, middle aged, reasonably thinking, white dude. Not meant to offend anyone, just saying it like i see it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tacky    
View Quote

Yeah that was tacky huh...but funny as heck! hahaha
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Tacky, But true..........
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tacky    

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#15]
this just in...

The rioters of Ferguson are pleased to announce they have looted and burned the following businesses which were directly responsible for the death of Michael Brown: St.Louis Fish & Chicken Grill, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, O'Reilly's Auto Parts, Beauty Mart, A.J. & R. Pawn Shop, Walgreens, FedEx, Cakes and More, JC Wireless, AT&T, STL Bread Company, Conoco, Auto Buy Credit, Phillips 66, McDonald's, Red's Barbecue, Taco Bell, CVS, Beauty Town, Little Caesar's, Ferguson Liquor, Public Storage, Sam's Meat Market, Medicine Shop, Commerce Bank, Auto Zone, Toys R Us, Amoco, Quiznos, Dellwood Market, Chop Suey restaurant, TitleMax, and Antonio French's Heal Stl Community Center.

obviously only by looting, and destroying these businesses can justice for poor  Michael Brown be achieved.

and then there's the store owner that was robbed and threatened just before the original incident.
this is his store after last night's moonlight sale.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#17]
no way to know if this is true (even if it's on the internet), but one can hope.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/11/26/ferguson-protester-accidentally-burns-down-own-house/#.VHd1RmpkusA.facebook

article:

Ferguson Protester Accidentally Burns Down Own House
Nov 26, 2014
Share on Facebook

burnhouseownferguson

A protester in Ferguson, Missouri accidentally burned down his own house last night after mistaking the building for a convenience store.

According to a report in the Ferguson Post-Gazette, 32-year-old Tyler Jackson threw a Molotov cocktail into a window not realizing he was setting ablaze his own residence. The home, which was empty at the time, subsequently burned to the ground.

“It was dark. I got all turned around. I thought it was a 7-11 or something,” he told the newspaper.

Witnesses describe Jackson shouting expletives after he realized what he had done. He then tried to put out the flames himself with a garden hose, but eventually called 911 and asked the fire department for aid.

“They told me they were too busy with other fires to come help,” he lamented. “I couldn’t believe it. I mean we pay these people’s salaries! What do you mean you're too busy?

“A black person’s house burns down and suddenly you’re ‘too busy’ to put the fire out? This is what racism in America looks like.”

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Dumbass
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:08:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Seems entirely too cliché.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
There was no way in hell that PO was going to be found innocent by those people.  They had decided his guilt without knowing a single real fact of the case and the whole thing was as predictable as taxes.  They have managed to do more harm to their own cause in one event than I could ever have imagined.  

Anyone who's ever been a police officer or sheriff's deputy knows exactly how difficult it is and how much stress is involved when you have to make life or death decisions in a split seconds.  Nobody else understands what it's like to be out on the streets alone, knowing there are people out there who would kill you just because of your job and in one of those situations if you are too slow making that decision on whether to shoot or not the price to be paid is your life.  Mistakes will happen, it's unavoidable and it's horrible but that officer doesn't just walk away unharmed, he or she has to live their entire life with that on their conscience.  On top of that, if the officer is white and the victim black, he or she will be crucified publicly by nearly the entire race of the victim.  The worst part is, as in this situation, is when the shooting is proven to be justified and the PO is still crucified publicly when he did everything he was supposed to do.  He's probably never going to work in law enforcement again, he's been denied his severence pay (I'm assuming because the city was worried it would upset the poor citizens) and this incident will haunt him and his family forever.  The whole thing is just disgusting.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Righteous shoot.  Pants up.  Don't loot.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
no way to know if this is true (even if it's on the internet), but one can hope.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/11/26/ferguson-protester-accidentally-burns-down-own-house/#.VHd1RmpkusA.facebook

article:

Ferguson Protester Accidentally Burns Down Own House
Nov 26, 2014
Share on Facebook

burnhouseownferguson

A protester in Ferguson, Missouri accidentally burned down his own house last night after mistaking the building for a convenience store.

According to a report in the Ferguson Post-Gazette, 32-year-old Tyler Jackson threw a Molotov cocktail into a window not realizing he was setting ablaze his own residence. The home, which was empty at the time, subsequently burned to the ground.

“It was dark. I got all turned around. I thought it was a 7-11 or something,” he told the newspaper.

Witnesses describe Jackson shouting expletives after he realized what he had done. He then tried to put out the flames himself with a garden hose, but eventually called 911 and asked the fire department for aid.

“They told me they were too busy with other fires to come help,” he lamented. “I couldn’t believe it. I mean we pay these people’s salaries! What do you mean you're too busy?

“A black person’s house burns down and suddenly you’re ‘too busy’ to put the fire out? This is what racism in America looks like.”

View Quote

The Daily Currant is a satire news site like The Onion.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#25]
it sourced the story as from the Ferguson  Post-Gazette, which does exist.
I couldn't find this story there however.
still,like Adam Savage has said, "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
If you have never heard of the news site it is best to assume it is fake.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#28]
There are a several folks on another website I frequent that are so rabidly "conservative" that they constantly quote stories from The Onion, The Daily Currant and, yes, even The National Enquirer as "proof" of their ridiculous claims, it's mind boggling.  These guys post every story they come across from every satirical or otherwise dubious online "news" source that has anything to do with the democrats, liberals or similar to justify their "patriotic" positions.  When I mentioned that their sources are satirical/fake made for entertainment they go off.  Who knew the National Enquirer was legit? I guess Elvis really is an alien living in Wisconsin and masquerading as a cheese maker.  They like to talk about how much better the country would be if they were president...*shudder*.  

The ironic fact being you don't have to result to quoting fictitious sources to find examples of idiotic and insane behavior and ideology in the democratic party because there's plenty of it in real life.  Most of the democrats are bunch of nutters, just take the time to watch video of them in action and you'll have plenty of material.  Of course the same can be done with the GOP but in politics you ignore all the utterly stupid behavior of those in your own party while lambasting the other side for theirs.

I love watching the Colbert Report and the John Stewart Show because they go through all the video and actually show the viewer how incredibly stupid many of our politicians really are, it's very disturbing.  I do like Stephen Colbert but I can't stand John Stewart, he's a far left self righteous nutball, still the shows are entertaining because although they are obviously left leaning, they show the actual video of the stupidity of our elected officials as is, regardless of political party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top