Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 7:50:59 PM EDT
Are you getting your butt kicked as bad as I am??

Frick me!!! This weather is kicking my butt like Rocky on a beef side.  It's bad enough with the normal pain issues but when these weather changes hit the old spine, my pain issues go through the roof .

Anywho...just venting, carry on.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bad knees from playing football years ago. Nothing a little Ibuprofen doesn't fix. I hope you start feeling better.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm the old guy that feels no pain!!!  Y'all are just wussies!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I still haven't gotten my knee replaced. Frankly being crippled up sucks not to mention the pain.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You aren't old ya' whippersnapper!

I'm not that old but I have the spine of a 170 year old .  I already have to take very strong meds for the pain issues but weather like this makes me an ibuprofen preferred customer.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sciatic nerve in my right leg has been raising hell for about the last month, its killing me, I can hardly walk when I first get up.  That puts you in a terrible situation, you can barely walk, but yet the porcelain throne is calling my name, LOUDLY!
View Quote

Yup, been there and it's pretty rough.  Sorry to hear you have that issue, I know how painful it can be. Mine was so bad, walking or even standing up was impossible.  The pain just from rolling over in bed was so bad I would just blackout, it made getting to the bathroom impossible much of the time. All I can recommend is a bucket by the bed and go see your doc as soon as possible, don't risk making it worse.

I'm far better now than I was being in a pain program but on the days when the arthritis issues flare up on top of the normal pain it gets brutal.  The pain meds don't eliminate the pain, it just makes it bearable and it doesn't have much effect on the arthritis pain so ibuprofen is the only thing I know of that helps.  I don't think we'll have spine transplants in my lifetime so I just have to deal with it as long as possible.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sciatic nerve in my right leg has been raising hell for about the last month, its killing me, I can hardly walk when I first get up.  That puts you in a terrible situation, you can barely walk, but yet the porcelain throne is calling my name, LOUDLY!
View Quote

That is what bothers me the most about a TKR at my age. I am still a young man.
The indignity of a bed pan in the hospital even for a few days is not going to be pleasant.
Even my wife isn't looking forward to my  surgery and hospital stay and she is in a hospital every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top