Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 11:38:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
wow,last fed bld,i went into just to ask directions,both guards *UNSNAPPED* as I walked up to them...

and hell I was even smilling
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow,last fed bld,i went into just to ask directions,both guards *UNSNAPPED* as I walked up to them...

View Quote

They probably just never saw something that ugly
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Once again our backassward state government insists on pissing into the wind to show their @ss to the world.  If Oklahoma's state government was a child it would be in desperate need of a good old fashioned whoopin'.

This issue has been discussed quite a bit on other forums and there's no question Oklahoma is, again, throwing a tantrum and ignoring the fact that if they don't pull their heads out of their arses, everyone in this state is going to get a personal F.U. of epic proportions.  I wonder how the politicians will be able to move about or do their credentials supersede the drivers license the rest of us have to use.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
This is exactly why I got a passport card when I renewed it about 4 yeRs ago. I travel enough I just want to cover all aspects of ID.  I don't feel like dicking with tsa over my id
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Once again our backassward state government insists on pissing into the wind to show their @ss to the world.  If Oklahoma's state government was a child it would be in desperate need of a good old fashioned whoopin'.

This issue has been discussed quite a bit on other forums and there's no question Oklahoma is, again, throwing a tantrum and ignoring the fact that if they don't pull their heads out of their arses, everyone in this state is going to get a personal F.U. of epic proportions.  I wonder how the politicians will be able to move about or do their credentials supersede the drivers license the rest of us have to use.
View Quote

You say this as if there is any reason we should comply.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone mentioned above...why should the state comply? I agree...we are individual states for a reason. The fed govt just tries to continuosly exert more and more power over the states. More states should be like OK and AZ as well. It  will be interesting to see what happens come January...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#11]
the Feds decree and we're supposed to snap our heels and shout "JAWOHL, Mein Fuhrer!"

this is nothing new, you probably don't remember what Walters (D!) did in 1994.(during Slick Willie's reign)

http://newsok.com/house-defeats-helmet-bill-action-may-sap-road-construction-funds/article/2461253

Walters and the Legislature told the Feds to take a hike, so did  Henry (D), so did Fallin (R).

read this which contains the paragraph

“Why Howard, I'm going to Oklahoma to kiss Bob Kerr's ass,” Kennedy said."

to see how times have changed.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

probably the first time they met a REAL indian....

besides I`m soo pretty I have 2 man cards.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok there are a lot of people here that need to read REAL ID , before commenting on how Okla is screwing up. REAL ID was a bad idea from the get go, and did NOTHING but create a new national biometrics database registry that does nothing what so ever to combat the problems of illegal immigration or even help prevent terrorism.  Oklahoma has provisions for license holders to decline providing biometrics to obtain their licenses if the citizen getting the license elects to use it. REAL ID mandates this , I was happy when the state chose NOT to comply . It was a prudent decision to protect individual liberty and privacy.    All REAL ID did was further expand government encroachment without offering a genuine solution to real problems we are facing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought girls were the only one that had to show their ass to piss into the wind!

So if i am summoned by the fed gov to the federal court house and I only have a OK DL, they will turn me away on what grounds?
So they can tell me to "come hither" but then tell me "thou shall not enter" when I get there?
I'm wondering how that outcome will work out? Bench warrant for ...?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok there are a lot of people here that need to read REAL ID , before commenting on how Okla is screwing up. REAL ID was a bad idea from the get go, and did NOTHING but create a new national biometrics database registry that does nothing what so ever to combat the problems of illegal immigration or even help prevent terrorism.  Oklahoma has provisions for license holders to decline providing biometrics to obtain their licenses if the citizen getting the license elects to use it. REAL ID mandates this , I was happy when the state chose NOT to comply . It was a prudent decision to protect individual liberty and privacy.    All REAL ID did was further expand government encroachment without offering a genuine solution to real problems we are facing.
View Quote

Cant trust the government here in the US at any level to gather and store any information about us...as has always been the case...the information is usually misused and turned against us "common folk".

Yeah, just seems like another method to gather information...most federal bldgs i think already have armed guards at the entrance along with scanners. No need for anything additional i wouldnt think...someone dont add-up...deny his ass entry...dont add-up in a serious way, detain him and let another LE agency deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I thought girls were the only one that had to show their ass to piss into the wind!

So if i am summoned by the fed gov to the federal court house and I only have a OK DL, they will turn me away on what grounds?
So they can tell me to "come hither" but then tell me "thou shall not enter" when I get there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty much the pickle.  If you are subpoenaed to show up in a federal court, for whatever reason, and Oklahoma hasn't complied you may still be able to get in with your DL plus a secondary accepted form of ID such as a passport and will be subject to "additional screening".  Now I don't know what they mean by "additional screening" but going by the recent issues with "additional screening" by the TSA, I don't want any part of it.  If all you have is the OK DL, you won't be allowed in and be in violation of the subpoena even though you tried to get in and they could issue a warrant to have you brought it.  It's all really silly and the repercussions could reach far further than anyone has yet to realize.  Suppose you work in federal building, suddenly you aren't allowed in to your job when you show up which means of course you lose your job.  Now multiply that times all the OK citizens who work in federal offices where their DL was previously accepted but now that DL is no longer accepted.   Look at all the OK citizens who get on airliners every single day, who will be told they are no longer allowed to board aircraft because their DL no longer meets federal requirements.  

What is really dumb is that Oklahoma already meets most of the requirements necessary to achieve the federal "GTG" stamp with the programs they've instituted on their own.  Oklahoma is refusing to comply with federal standards for security of areas that issue driver's licenses and providing training to the workers in those offices to identify fraud and other potential security risk issues.  The thing is, it's happening, and Oklahoma can hold it's breath and stomp it's feet and act out but the only thing they are going to accomplish is making life much, much, much more difficult for the citizens.  I don't agree with everything in the Real ID Act and I don't support it in it's current form but it's happening regardless of whether I like it or not and if I were in charge, I damn sure wouldn't be putting the jobs of Oklahoma citizens at stake and causing huge hassles for citizens and costing citizens big money because they are forced to get a passport...all to make the point that I don't like the law.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top