Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 1:41:32 AM EDT
I don't think this is against COC.  I have nothing to do with this store, I work with ships, not grocery stores.
At the corner of Walker and I240 is a store called Chef's Store.  I thought it was a restaurant supply place but stopped in on whim.
It is a bulk store open to the public, no membership.  The prices IMO are really great if you don't mind buying in bulk and putting it up for storage.
Ribeye was $6.50 a pound, strip was cheap, pork was cheap, chicken was 40 lbs for $35.
50 lbs bags of Russet potatoes was $10 and 50 lbs bags of large yellow onions were $11
Tons and tons of other stuff for sale.  If you haven't been check it out and hopefully it will save you some money.
This has been you local public service announcement
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Went by there a few months ago, pretty cool place. You do have to be careful as some items, like Sam's Club, some items seem like a good price but is actually higher then other places.

I like those prices on the meat. Have you tried it? I need some steaks for the freezer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't tried the meat, yet
Just found the place but did notice the plastic wrap on the meat is the same brand/company my local grocery store has.  They cut it up and sell it in smaller individual portions for higher price.
There was also some restaurant people buying in bulk so we must be eating it at some of the local places.
Just going off looks, all the meat looked really nice and the staff was friendly and answered all our questions so they would answer what ever you wanted to know about the meat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I TRIED to go in there once but there was a no guns sign on the door. Has that been changed?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Who pays attention to those signs?
I didn't see any but I don't look for them so they could be there, don't know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Knowing my spending habits, I'd shop there, come home with bulk of everything, then have to immediately run out and buy a chest freezer to store it all in.

Then, I'd forget I had a bunch of frozen stuff in the freeze and it would all go bad and I'd have to toss out hundreds of pounds of meat.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Good friends of mine who go there say it is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm guessing that's on the south side since I have no idea where "Walker" is, which makes it too far for me, sounds cool though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Well walker does go up to Edmond but since it's off 240, yes. It's on the south side.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#10]
It's no secret I get lost..a LOT lol.  Without my GPS I could be driving my own neighborhood for weeks before finding home lol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I buy my groceries there, but I only go shopping about 3 times a year also.  Small quantity stuff like milk and a loaf of bread comes from wal mart here at home.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I buy my groceries there, but I only go shopping about 3 times a year also.  Small quantity stuff like milk and a loaf of bread comes from wal mart here at home.
View Quote

Three times a year? Must be one heck of a grocery bill.  

Mine would be a lot lower if lived out in the country again where I could hunt and fish to fill the freezer like I used to.  If only the wild hog invasion would make it into my neighborhood lol...I could bowhunt them from the roof.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine would be a lot lower if lived out in the country again where I could hunt and fish to fill the freezer like I used to.  If only the wild hog invasion would make it into my neighborhood lol...I could bowhunt them from the roof.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its about 400 every three months.   As for the hunting and fishing I do that also, more importantly I raise MOST of my own meat, and I have fresh eggs every day.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Ah, that's the way to do it.  We have the two teenagers back in the house and with the insane increase in the price of groceries, the increased amount of groceries we have to buy and Oklahoma's sickening tax on foodstuffs, it's costing us $400 every two weeks .   I'd be happy if we could have a couple chickens but the city said that wasn't happening.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ah, that's the way to do it.  We have the two teenagers back in the house and with the insane increase in the price of groceries, the increased amount of groceries we have to buy and Oklahoma's sickening tax on foodstuffs, it's costing us $400 every two weeks .   I'd be happy if we could have a couple chickens but the city said that wasn't happening.
View Quote

OKC allows chickens , just no rooster which is not required for egg production.  

I don't know about Edmond, etc.etc.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure? I could have sworn it came up a few months ago and the city denied it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you sure? I could have sworn it came up a few months ago and the city denied it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen them in several neighborhoods, and I was told in the past by former coworkers that it depended on what part of town it was. I am not an expert though just what I have actually witnessed and heard .

ETA I just googled what you referenced. IF you live on less than an acre, then NO you may not own chickens. The vote you referenced would have removed the 1 acre requirement
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#18]
That leaves me chickenless....which makes no sense since the neighbors dogs cause more ruckus and stink thank chickens ever would.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top