Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 5:18:52 PM EDT
I heard all the stories about soldiers living off post and retirees not wanting to use the shooting range on Fort Sill because they didn't want to register their firearms with the post police. Went to check it out for myself.

You fill out a Fort Sill form 562, Privately Owned Firearms Registration form. You fill out everything except the weapon information.

They verify your elegibility  and approve your authorization to bring weapons onto the installation and stamp the form.

You take the form with you and fill in your weapon information at home.

Must have the form with you when you come on post and notify the gate guards you are carrying weapons. I assume in case the guard wants to see the weapons and verify them with the FS Form 562.

Must travel to and from the sporting event with no stops.

Key points, the form stays with you and there is no electronic or physical record of your firearm info kept by the post police/MPs. This was my concern as well. I don't know if there is still a range book at the range were you put your weapon info like it used to way back when. Haven't been to the range yet.

Just thoguht some of you might like to know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a decent range and open to anyone?

I can't think of any actual shooting ranges in Lawton otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a decent range and open to anyone?

I can't think of any actual shooting ranges in Lawton otherwise.
View Quote

The POW Range is for use of those with a valid military I.D.: U.S. and allied military service members, retirees, their family and up to two guests per military I.D holder. Range is open to law enforcement personnel with proof of occupation and their family with proper identification. All minor family members (under the age of 18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 18 years old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top