Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2014 11:14:45 AM EDT

Backstrapes Felt sorry for my old Hoyt bow so I took her out Tuesday. She still has it!

DOES ARE MADE FOR BOWS!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I went bow hunting one season in the Black Hills...killed 3 trees, wounded about 10 rocks, total loss of about 16 arrows (game getter IIs and Wasp Cam-loks (if i recall correctly) broad heads)...back in like 1990 or so this arrow loss represented about 30 bucks per arrow with broad head. So when i got out of service and left SD for AZ, i traded my bow stuff for a shotgun case and 20.00 bucks....my eyes for estimating close distances needed for archery just isnt there. At range i was able to maintain tight groups with known distance and adjusted sight pins, but not good enough for estimating...it was an experience though that i can say that i did and probably wont ever do it again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats... I cannot hit a barn from the inside with a bow....
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/Sparkydv/Hunting%20Pictures/Image1_zps3db6ea0d.jpg

Backstrapes Felt sorry for my old Hoyt bow so I took her out Tuesday. She still has it!

DOES ARE MADE FOR BOWS!
View Quote

I just bought a Mathews Switchback. I can't wait to get out in the woods. Congrats on the harvest. I bet she will taste great.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Congrats!

Several years ago a good friend of mine taught me how to shoot a compound bow and how to bowhunt.  Our first trip ever I got a doe, perfect double lung/heart shot.  She went about 20 yards and folded up.  The guy that taught me how to shoot and another friend who owned the property showed up and asked if I saw anything and I said "yup, it's over there".  They thought I was messing with them and they said "you saw one over there or you shot a deer and its over there?".  I said "I got a doe and it's over there".  They kept asking if I really shot one, did I shoot AT one or what? By this time I lead them to the deer.  They were amazed and I was hooked.

I bowhunted every chance I had after that.  I wish I could go again .  I did finally find some replacement limbs to make my bow lighter to draw but it's $50 I don't have so it'll have to wait.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just bought a Mathews Switchback. I can't wait to get out in the woods. Congrats on the harvest. I bet she will taste great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/Sparkydv/Hunting%20Pictures/Image1_zps3db6ea0d.jpg

DOES ARE MADE FOR BOWS!

Just got through cutting her up I let her age a bit. Thanks Now I need to get another with the price of Hamburger close to $5.00 a pound.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer venison over beef in most cases anyway...although nothing beats a beef ribeye.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
congrats,its been a epic hunting year so far up here,results for almost everyone so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top