Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 10:48:25 PM EDT
Wild man Dan and I ate at Wilshire Gun Range today.  

Wow!  Excellent hamburger.  It may be the best I have had in OKC.  A little pricy, but well worth it

and the size was BIG.  It came with a LARGE order of fries.  

The wait staff was attentive and very personable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you insinuating that they make a better burger than H&H? This might get nasty lol.  I'm not sure how I feel about the place possibly having the best burger in town.  That means in order to try this wonder burger I have go there which would just remind me that I can't afford to shoot there.  I'm curious, did you have to show your DL to have a burger?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I can name several things better than H&H
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can name several things better than H&H
View Quote

Everything outside of their building? Did that cover it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw recently that the number 1 rated burger in national surveys is Smashburger, I see they have some in OKC, I'll have to try them in a couple weeks when I'm back in town.
View Quote

While I personally don't think they are THE best, I will agree that they are better than most.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Smashburger???? They're better than your average chain restaurant burger but they are a far cry from the best.  I've never put much stock in those "voted best burger...pizza...burrito...whatever" polls.  The best chain burger (granted they are a very small chain) is S&J Burger's Fire Burger....now that is good (assuming you like spicy food) but they make the best burgers I've had from a chain.

While H&H's range is somewhere between ok and delapidated, their onion burger with cheese and bacon is really, really good.  Unfortunately, I've lost pretty much all my sense of taste due to the meds so it could be the best burger in the world and wouldn't know .
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think of Smashburger as the best.  I'd rather go to Red Robin, yum!

FWIW, even a burger from Chili's is pretty decent.

Now, In-N-Out, that's what a hamburger is all about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure if I've ever eaten at Red Robin before.  I was told by friends out of state that Steak and Shake made the best burgers so when one opened in Edmond we went.  It was pretty disappointing, it was just barely a burger.  I do like 5 Guys just because I can customize the perfect burger from all their selections and the free peanuts while you wait are a nice touch.  It's way too noisy to sit and eat though.

Goldies makes pretty good burgers, I'm not sure if they are still around though.  My all time favorite "chain" burger is the 1/2 sausage cheese burger from Ron's, now that's a burger.  Mmm...Ron's Sausage Cheeseburger...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Five Guys is ridiculously overpriced for what it is.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Five Guys is ridiculously overpriced for what it is.  
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think of Smashburger as the best.  I'd rather go to Red Robin, yum!

FWIW, even a burger from Chili's is pretty decent.

Now, In-N-Out, that's what a hamburger is all about.
View Quote

Preach it!!

ETA: Outside In-N-Out, while the place is a bit overpriced, I really like Patty wagon burgers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I kinda like Fuddruckers
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
burger king's adequate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can make better burgers than most of the fast food places.
View Quote

I hope so, that's not setting the bar very high.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#18]
a mcdonalds mcdouble gets the job done, pretty inexpensively.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not a real Hamburger
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a Mcfake
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's a Mcfake
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a Mcfake

Your baby's will be born with three eyeball's
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope you're McKidding.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hope you're McKidding.
View Quote

This is arfcom. We don't joke around.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Will grilling meat kill the ebola virus?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Irma's is the best burger in OKC.  /Thread
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The first time I went to Irma's, the burger was easily one of the best I've ever had, it was amazing!  I was pretty happy to go back but the next three times I went, I ordered the same burger and it was meh.  Doesn't count as being an awesome burger if you can't repeat it.  As the owner of a popular restaurant chain once said "the key to succeeding isn't making perfect food...it's making perfect food perfectly every single time...if you can't do it exactly the same every time you've already failed in the business".  Irma's wowed me the first visit but never again after that....gave them four tries but now their out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#28]
In Tulsa Linda Mar make a good hamburgers been there forever 51st & union across from QT
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The first time I went to Irma's, the burger was easily one of the best I've ever had, it was amazing!  I was pretty happy to go back but the next three times I went, I ordered the same burger and it was meh.  Doesn't count as being an awesome burger if you can't repeat it.  As the owner of a popular restaurant chain once said "the key to succeeding isn't making perfect food...it's making perfect food perfectly every single time...if you can't do it exactly the same every time you've already failed in the business".  Irma's wowed me the first visit but never again after that....gave them four tries but now their out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I thought my wife was picky. We've never had a bad experience there
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#30]
We stopped in to visit CHA and tour the new facility. We ended up eating in their café. Having only been in OKC four years I don't feel qualified to call it the "best" burger but it's certainly the best we've had since we've been here (and yes, we've been to Irma's).
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#31]
WhatAburger baby
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Just throwing this out there, but I really like the burgers at Whiskey Cake and Twin Peaks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WhatAburger baby
View Quote

those justaburgers are actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I am going to screw up this topic but I love Whitecastle
Wife and I popped in one and I bought something like 20 cheese burgers. I think I ate 12 while they were hot and fresh, yum, yum, yum
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wife and I popped in one and I bought something like 20 cheese burgers. I think I ate 12 while they were hot and fresh, yum, yum, yum
View Quote

Oh yeah!!! I love White Castle...or their copycat Krystal's.  I cannot believe that Oklahoma STILL doesn't have White Castle!! If my spine could handle it, I'd make the trip to Texas just to get Krystal's burgers.  They aren't White Castle but they are a close second and if you can't get White Castle it'll sure take care of your fix.  

Frick!! I wish you hadn't brought up White Castle..now I'm craving them.  White Castle (even Krystal's) is the only fast food that I've ever had that I can remember that I actually crave and would drive long distance to get to.  Once you've had White Castle you transcend into a higher plane...sure it's full of stoners like Harold and Kumar but plenty of non-high folks there too.  I remember my first White Castle experience... we had spent the day at the beach and were a bit tipsy and a lot hungry so one of the people in the group said "Oh man...we gotta get White Castle!" and by everyone else's reaction I thought it must be a good thing.  I was new to the coast and had never even heard of White Castle or it's cult status so I said "what's White Castle?" as we were walking onto the boardwalk.  It was like I just announced I was an alien from the planet Omicron Persei 8, everyone stopped and looked at me in disbelief.  Everyone kept saying "oh, you are going to love White Castle...it's the best.." and I figured it was just typical after drinking "munchies" talk but WOW.  Those little burgers were awesome!!! Little square burgers steamed on super pillowy soft dinner roll style buns...with cheese, onion, dill pickle...hard to describe why they are so good but they are awesome!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#36]
sliders at Indy during Pole Day.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh yeah!!! I love White Castle...or their copycat Krystal's.  I cannot believe that Oklahoma STILL doesn't have White Castle!! If my spine could handle it, I'd make the trip to Texas just to get Krystal's burgers.  They aren't White Castle but they are a close second and if you can't get White Castle it'll sure take care of your fix.  

Frick!! I wish you hadn't brought up White Castle..now I'm craving them.  White Castle (even Krystal's) is the only fast food that I've ever had that I can remember that I actually crave and would drive long distance to get to.  Once you've had White Castle you transcend into a higher plane...sure it's full of stoners like Harold and Kumar but plenty of non-high folks there too.  I remember my first White Castle experience... we had spent the day at the beach and were a bit tipsy and a lot hungry so one of the people in the group said "Oh man...we gotta get White Castle!" and by everyone else's reaction I thought it must be a good thing.  I was new to the coast and had never even heard of White Castle or it's cult status so I said "what's White Castle?" as we were walking onto the boardwalk.  It was like I just announced I was an alien from the planet Omicron Persei 8, everyone stopped and looked at me in disbelief.  Everyone kept saying "oh, you are going to love White Castle...it's the best.." and I figured it was just typical after drinking "munchies" talk but WOW.  Those little burgers were awesome!!! Little square burgers steamed on super pillowy soft dinner roll style buns...with cheese, onion, dill pickle...hard to describe why they are so good but they are awesome!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brandi, the late night clientele is what makes White Castle so fun.  The wife is from Queens and we were back visiting her family and had stayed out at an Irish pub till 3 a.m.  By that time we all had the munchies and I had a car service for our drunk asses.
I had the driver take us to the local WC and I just bought bags of hot, fresh goodness.  I even bought a bag of cheeseburgers for the driver.
There wasn't one sober patron in that place.  As to the craving, I agree, they must put crack or something in them cause I swear the next afternoon when we woke up all I wanted was another bag of their burgers.
I think the closest WC is in St Louis.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#38]
The only thing I have ever made a long trek to eat was last year I was craving a Dairy queen dipped cone. Drove all the way to Texas for one. Luckily the job at that time had me going anyway
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't remember ever eating at Whitecastle, but I have eaten at a Krystals in Atlanta Ga when I spent the night there, it was the only restaurant close to the motel.  I was very underimpressed with their little bitty burgers.
View Quote

I guess it's not for everyone, the Krystal's is a mandatory stop every time I find myself in Atlanta, which isn't often unfortunately.  I'm actually pretty amazed that nobody has opened a White Castle in this area, especially following the success of "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" several years ago.  I can't imagine it not being incredibly profitable.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I guess it's not for everyone, the Krystal's is a mandatory stop every time I find myself in Atlanta, which isn't often unfortunately.  I'm actually pretty amazed that nobody has opened a White Castle in this area, especially following the success of "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" several years ago.  I can't imagine it not being incredibly profitable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't remember ever eating at Whitecastle, but I have eaten at a Krystals in Atlanta Ga when I spent the night there, it was the only restaurant close to the motel.  I was very underimpressed with their little bitty burgers.

another Midwest staple that DID make it here (and its hanging on, but barely) is Steak N' Shake.
when I went to Indianapolis my sister and B.I.L.took me to both, just to say been there.
doing the tourist thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I went to Steak and Shake when they opened in Edmond, the burgers were pretty blah.  Good shakes but that was it...I can see why it failed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top