Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2014 12:14:21 PM EDT
Guess its opening this Friday, 9-26.

Anyone going?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy went there already and posted pics. I'm waiting on his review about the food. I'd love to visit it, but I think it is too far away to be my primary range.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably not on grand opening, I hate crowds, but we will definitely check it out sometime soon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate that you have to show your DL for everything you do.  I prefer to keep my DL where it belongs otherwise I tend to put it somewhere and lose it.  They should issue a range ID with a lanyard or something you can carry around while at the range but don't have to worry about pulling your DL out every time you move in the place.  I dunno, I'm sure it's a nice place and I've really been looking forward to it opening but with my finances being in the gutter, them likely being quite pricey and having to carry my DL around like a pass card I'm not sure I'll be spending much, if any, time there.  Pretty much a disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Should just have to pull your drivers license once when you sign in to the range unless you want to order a drink at the cafe.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope, you have to show to be scanned whenever you move throughout the place and then when shooting they take your DL and hold it until you are done and you get it back.  It's so they can make sure you haven't been to the bar before entering the range but still I wish they had done it another way.  I'm just really cautious about my DL anymore, after dealing with having my personal info/bank info comprised twice I don't even show my DL to anyone that I'm not bound by law to, let alone give it to someone to hang onto for a few hours while I'm at the range.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, you have to show to be scanned whenever you move throughout the place and then when shooting they take your DL and hold it until you are done and you get it back.  It's so they can make sure you haven't been to the bar before entering the range but still I wish they had done it another way.  I'm just really cautious about my DL anymore, after dealing with having my personal info/bank info comprised twice I don't even show my DL to anyone that I'm not bound by law to, let alone give it to someone to hang onto for a few hours while I'm at the range.
View Quote

Get a state issued photo ID.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

H&H does the exact same thing... Minus the bar scene. They hold your ID till you're done shooting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

H&H does the exact same thing... Minus the bar scene. They hold your ID till you're done shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've never kept mine when I've been there. I was there on Sunday and just had to show it to them like I usually do. Wonder why they keep yours?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They've never kept mine when I've been there. I was there on Sunday and just had to show it to them like I usually do. Wonder why they keep yours?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been over a year since I shot there but they at least had a little lane folder that they would take IDs and put them in lane slots so they wouldn't over book a lane. Maybe it's not a practice anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hate that you have to show your DL for everything you do.  I prefer to keep my DL where it belongs otherwise I tend to put it somewhere and lose it.  They should issue a range ID with a lanyard or something you can carry around while at the range but don't have to worry about pulling your DL out every time you move in the place.  I dunno, I'm sure it's a nice place and I've really been looking forward to it opening but with my finances being in the gutter, them likely being quite pricey and having to carry my DL around like a pass card I'm not sure I'll be spending much, if any, time there.  Pretty much a disappointment.
View Quote

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes.  You need to wear your License around a lanyard while you walk around, in their store?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
no, that's what Brandi would prefer,(or some other form of ID)  to better keep track of same
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have never held mine? I have been there about 10 times now, they look at it and give it back to me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes.  You need to wear your License around a lanyard while you walk around, in their store?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, when you are there your DL is sort of like your pass card.  When you move from one area to another you have to present your DL to be scanned.  This allows them to track where you have been to ensure that once you have been served alcohol you cannot access any of the range facilities.  I don't know if you are banned from the retail area where guns are display also but definitely the various range areas.

My idea was that they use a range ID that you carry and use instead of a DL because misplacing your range ID is far less of a hassle than misplacing your DL but I'm sure they have their reasons for doing it that way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's an option.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]
My DL always goes back in either my pocket or wallet before I step away from anything. That way I don't loose it, I'm not one that sits there with my info in the open for the random person to spy on while I rearrange a space for it or dig for something else in a pocket. I have no issue with how they are doing things. A range ID could be fine but what if you loose that ID? They can't electronically verify you haven't been drinking so you would probably be barred from shooting until you got it replaced.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Ooops.  RIF.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My DL always goes back in either my pocket or wallet before I step away from anything. That way I don't loose it, I'm not one that sits there with my info in the open for the random person to spy on while I rearrange a space for it or dig for something else in a pocket. I have no issue with how they are doing things. A range ID could be fine but what if you loose that ID? They can't electronically verify you haven't been drinking so you would probably be barred from shooting until you got it replaced.
View Quote

Well, it's a lot better to lose a range ID than your DL any day of the week.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:57:24 AM EDT
[#20]
There's a review of Wilshire on the site that shall not be named for those who are interested.  After reading it, I won't be frequenting the place anyway.  The big deal killer for me was the the price.  On their website it says the price to shoot the rifle lanes is $28 and $15 for a second person which is definitely more expensive than H&H but it's also a much nicer range right? Yes, but what the website doesn't say is that is the price PER hour! Yikes!!  So for me and my sister to shoot it's $43 per hour and you are not allowed to shoot prone.  There's a bench type thing like at H&H but no way to sit and shoot off it so you are stuck finding awkward shooting positions to get any kind of stability which defeats the whole purpose.  According to the review the fancy camera system was nice but it's extremely difficult to see the hits on the paper which, again, defeats the purpose.  There's other issues that killed it for me but the price was the main deal killer.  

I'm sure some issues like not being able to see the hits on the camera screen will get worked out in time but it's obvious that their demographic was more the Nichols Hills crowd rather than most of us.  At least not me.

If a Wilshire rep reads this...put "per hour" on your website please and include a gallery so people can access the website and see the outside and inside of your facility.  It's a nice place, show it off.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, i was never sold on the alcohol on property thing to begin with. SO that was a deal breaker for me. We had discussion earlier about that..my concern was after the shooting, drinking and then the parking lot. Granted that goes for any range, but i dont think most people load up alcohol in the trunk to go to H&H or other places...

But anyways, 28.00 an hour is ridiculous. See what the future holds for that after the "new" factor wears off.

Thanks for the posting, saves me a trip.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#23]
i'll just keep on plugging along outdoors.
8AM don't need A/C.
ninjas aren't out yet (dawn/sun you know)
good ventilation.
built in hand warmers (happiness IS a warm gun)
$10 all day vs well...more.

don't have to be around people.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#24]
The executive membership sounds good to me, sounds like they are trying to do a first class operation but it might take a bit to get it running smootly, will check it out this week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#25]
best quote so far is "holy crap, for $28 a hour there better be a pole.and a chick named Mercedes!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, I have the afternoon off and was debating visiting Wilshire range, but $28 per hour is nuts! I suppose I'll try the new Big Boys range, they're nit cheap either though..
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow, I have the afternoon off and was debating visiting Wilshire range, but $28 per hour is nuts! I suppose I'll try the new Big Boys range, they're nit cheap either though..
View Quote

$28 is just for the 100 yard range.  The others are $14
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup, what he said.  The short ranges are $14/hr which is still out of my budget.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's a little better . Big Boys wasn't half bad either though. Empty at 2 on a Thursday, first time in any indoor range. I did some 5 and 10 yard work with the new CZ, it started off excellent but as she warned up I had to adjust a bit. Not a bad range, not sure if it was 15/ hr or day, but I was only there for an hour anyway.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#30]
For you people that aren't property owners, cant you find a WMA or BLM land to shoot on?
What about driving out in the country and using a deserted/dead end road?
I have shot several times on a deserted dirt road, the county doesn't care, the wildlife dept doesn't care cause your aren't hunting.
Use Google maps and find a dead end road in the middle of nowhere if you aren't close to a WMA or BLM land.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For you people that aren't property owners, cant you find a WMA or BLM land to shoot on?
What about driving out in the country and using a deserted/dead end road?
I have shot several times on a deserted dirt road, the county doesn't care, the wildlife dept doesn't care cause your aren't hunting.
Use Google maps and find a dead end road in the middle of nowhere if you aren't close to a WMA or BLM land.
View Quote

I'm not sure how much time you've spent in central Oklahoma but there's not much for WMA around here and no BLM that I know of.  It's flat and open so there aren't all the dead end draws and stuff that you have in hilly parts of the state.  There just aren't the kind of places you are thinking of around here that are abundant in southern OK.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Should be able to find a place to shoot.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/facts_maps/wmastate.htm
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
deleted
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Should be able to find a place to shoot.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/facts_maps/wmastate.htm
View Quote

I've never heard of any of those listed WMA ranges so I'm guessing they aren't in this area.  I have heard people talk about one outside of OKC that you can shoot at if you have a hunting license, as long as it's not hunting season from what I understand.  Might work for someone with a hunting license.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#35]
My rifle is suppressed so uh... None of those places will work for me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top