Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2014 5:49:05 PM EDT
What do we know about the two?

So far that Ive seen, issues that I have knowledge of, Dorman has the lead in my mind this go-round.

What says the herd?

Im keeping my eye on both but Failing Fallin doesn't seem to hold similar values, as though DC was very successful in corrupting her when she came back. But Dorman is a Democrat...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

So far that Ive seen, issues that I have knowledge of, Dorman has the lead in my mind this go-round.

What says the herd?

Im keeping my eye on both but Failing Fallin doesn't seem to hold similar values, as though DC was very successful in corrupting her when she came back. But Dorman is a Democrat...
View Quote

It is very hard to think any one can be a Democrat and be for the 2rd Amend. They can say I'm not like all the other leaders in the party, WTF switch parties. They come up with crap, like I'm a hunter, BS nothing about in the 2rd admend about hunting.

Sure you can say Rep voted for gun laws, but make no mistake the Dems want them all and they will take them if they can, just look at all the States that the Dems control.

Check the crap OK Dems try to get passed!

Look at all the other countrys where people voted for the liberals because they wanted safe common since gun laws, hows that working for the Brits and Asses

In my book if you are a Dem you are anti-gun, you can lie to yourself and say this and that, twist the facts, still anti gun.

Oh I voted Dem. because I hated Bush and Nixon pretty F ing Dumb!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I honestly find it hard to vote for a Democrat, I will still back Fallin for what she has for us.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I honestly find it hard to vote for a Democrat, I will still back Fallin for what she has for us.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What he said.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said.

X3 It is hard to vote for a Dem when their party is so anti 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
She has a vendetta against poor people whether they are lazy or simply fell on hard times and she has,what seems to be a personal issue with the agency my wife works for (not dhs).

I'm not a fan of dems but how can I back someone who doesn't gaf about about her less fortunate constituents and is looking to fuck an entire agency because she doesn't like them?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is very hard to think any one can be a Democrat and be for the 2rd Amend. They can say I'm not like all the other leaders in the party, WTF switch parties. They come up with crap, like I'm a hunter, BS nothing about in the 2rd admend about hunting.

Sure you can say Rep voted for gun laws, but make no mistake the Dems want them all and they will take them if they can, just look at all the States that the Dems control.

Look at all the other countrys where people voted for the liberals because they wanted safe common since gun laws, hows that working for the Brits and Asses

In my book if you are a Dem you are anti-gun, you can lie to yourself and say this and that, twist the facts, still anti gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the herd?

Cool!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Fallin is an elitist piece of crap that represents everything bad the GOP has become over the last twenty plus years.  I'm not saying I support the democratic party because on a national level they have proven to be complete fools and democrats in blue states aren't much different but there are a lot of very pro-2A democrats all across the country and especially in "red" states.  There's a reason that many people agree that democrats from traditionally red states are often more conservative in many respects than republicans from traditionally blue states.  My point being, in states like Oklahoma, or Texas, or Georgia or South Carolina or Tennessee etc...the democrats are very often far different animals than your democrats from California, Massachusetts, New York, etc.  I would definitely vote for a pro-2A democratic governor for a couple reasons.  One reason is because too many republicans are wealthy elitist @ssholes who don't give a rats @ss about the people, they just love being in power *cough* Mary Fallin *cough*. The second reason is when you have an anti gun democratic federal government, it's always better to have a pro gun member of that party because they are at least forced by protocol to listen to an alternative point of view while they can just choose to summarily dismiss someone of the rival party.  Is a pro 2A governor going to change their platform? No, but at least they are forced to listen to that persons point of view.  Contrary to what so many folks think, there are a lot of pro-gun democrats but they are still a minority in their party so while they do oppose anti-gun legislation they are outvoted.

There's a core problem with the GOP that anyone who watched the election results and the following interviews with party members is very aware of just as much as the GOP is aware of.  Following the massive losses in the last two elections, party officials were interviewed like after every election.  After the first the loss to Obama the GOP officials were asked what they thought...they said (paraphrased) "it's clear we've lost the confidence of the people.  The GOP lost it's way and we need to find it again.  We didn't do what we were elected to do and the people had enough".  When asked if healthcare reform was something the republican party should have addressed the response was " I think it's obvious that this country needs healthcare reform and it's something we should have addressed but we didn't and we are paying for it".

Next election was basically the same thing but far more intense with party officials agreeing that the GOP has changed a lot in the last 15 years and not for the better.  That they had become the party of the wealthy and that is not what they want the GOP to be and it's clear the voters agree.  That they lost the confidence of average working Americans and had fallen into becoming the rich guys club that didn't pay attention to anyone but their own interests.  They swore they were going to completely shake the party up and return it to it's roots where the average blue collar worker was who they represented instead of business CEO's and CFO's.  They said that as soon as America trusted them again they were going to prove that the new GOP was going back to being the party that represented the backbone of America and healthcare reform would be on the top of their list of things to fix their way because they know how to improve it better than the democrats, they just need the chance.

All that talk basically says "hey, all that bad stuff everyone has said about us is true but you've shown us the error of our ways and we are going to make sure it doesn't happen again in addition to making things better than they ever have".  There was one question asked after the GOP guys said all this that was pretty prophetic... the interviewer asked "so what happens if the people elect another republican president and the GOP goes right back to doing what you say cost you these last two elections?".  He says "we will end up right back here where are now and I'm not sure we could ever regain their trust" then he added "which is why you can guarantee you are going to see a completely different republican party coming soon, a return to our roots".

I don't know....I don't think our country can take another democrat president but I haven't seen the GOP do anything to make me believe they are going back to their roots, back to the republican party I was proud to be a member of.  All I see currently is the same old rich guys country club that schmoozes the people only when it's election time.  The rest of the time they treat anyone with a net worth of under $50M as leeches they have to shake hands with occasionally.  I haven't seen the GOP make any changes.  Either they'll blow all that off and figure they have the election won based on the turnout from the 2A issue or they'll wait until the last minute to try and convince republican and independent voters that they have changed when they obviously haven't even tried.  What pisses me off is why aren't they trying? Why aren't they going back to the GOP that folks remember fondly instead of the one they look at with suspicion? I'm pretty disappointed in the the GOP, they are fortunate and taking advantage of the fact that democrats have proven so horrible that no matter how bad the GOP is, we are forced to vote for them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The Democratic party has broke it off in it self when you spin hate, lie, pass commie laws, carp all over the Constitution,  Blame other for other for your short comming, the list goes on !

Thank God for the Tea Party for being a thorn in the side of both Partys and in November the republican will have the votes to make obimbo play ball or be impeached ,its we the people not we the Libatards!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Democratic party has become the party of hate and lies, Dorman might be good on guns but bad on everything else, you couldn't pay me enough to vote for a Democrat.  Gov Henry seemed like a nice guy, but he endorsed Øbama TWICE!  If he had half a brain he would have stayed out of it the second time, virtually nobody would have held it against him, but no, he had to endorse NØbama.
View Quote

This. I was ok with Henry for the most part, but his backing of Zero has proven that even an Oklahoma Democrat (traditionally more conservative than national trend) will push hard for their party, regardless of who is running.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Dorman is more of a true conservative than Fallin is.

Just voting for someone because of the consonant by their name is what is fucking this country over.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really what has he done in his political career ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I listened to Dorman on Flash Point and was very disappointed.  He is a typical Dem other than he says he supports the second amendment.  

Fallen has done some dumb things like initially backing (forcing down our throats) the common core curriculum, but over all she has done a good job.

This is not even close.  Fallen with all her downsides is still way better than Dorman.

Max
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you even looked yourself or are you another low-info voter who relies on consonants to know who to vote for?

FFS, the guy co-sponsored "SYG" and champions armed teachers. Do some actual research.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He voted to give in state tuition for illegal aliens, is that a conservative view?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just voting for someone because of the consonant by their name is what is fucking this country over.

He voted to give in state tuition for illegal aliens, is that a conservative view?

He also voted to increase abortion regulations multiple times, death penalty for repeat sexual offenders, champions religious expression by students in public schools, is for voter ID laws, supported a constitutional amendment establishing English as the official language, supports criminalizing employing or otherwise assisting illegal aliens, supports privatized social security, supports exempting certain firearms from Fed laws, etc etc.

But, yeah, he's toally a dirty liburl.

I suppose he should be more like Mary, switching his position to whoever donates the most.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have you even looked yourself or are you another low-info voter who relies on consonants to know who to vote for?

FFS, the guy co-sponsored "SYG" and champions armed teachers. Do some actual research.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I been voting  ~1978 - he walks like a duck he whack like a duck but he no duck he just like obimbo just telling me what he thinks I should hear , Big on Obama Care and his agenda! ! !

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I miss Dixiecrats. They were the true libertarians before it was cool to call yourself one. Socially moderate, fiscally conservative, Strong on rights and liberties. I don't like either of our choices.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Dorman Voting Record

Mary Fallin's Track record as Governor

You all can make your own decisions but right now I agree with leemoziod that I am not a fan of either.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Wingman
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't care what anyone says.Red State Democrats are only Pro-2A when they need to get elected.

Just ask Senators Mark Udall (D-CO), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Kay Hagan (D-NC), and Al Franken (D-MN) who all voted for the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill in 2013
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#24]
No way on Dorman... he's appeasing the right with 2A talk but he's not conservative.

I voted against Fallin in the primary, but never voting Democrat as long as the party blatantly upholds evil over good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#25]
As always, when it comes to the two party system, you vote for the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I didn't know Dorman was such a big 2A supporter.

What's his arfcom screen name?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I didn't know Dorman was such a big 2A supporter.

What's his arfcom screen name?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top