Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 9:18:34 PM EDT
Why the fuck does this state require so many competency hearings for someone claiming mental illness but who is competent??

The fuck stick that attacked my mom a year ago and a circle K clerk not a week later is locked up in a mental ward awaiting yet ANOTHER fucking competency hearing in January next year after having one this month, one back in june and one back in march to include two more last year. WTF?!

Its got my mom pissed and getting me pissed that this damn state "requires" a dozen plus psych evals before a mother fucker is determined to be able to be tried.

This states legal system pisses me off. Lol, can't even call it a legal system with as lazy as the system is.

ETA: Mods, my apologies if my rant is too vulgar. If its too much for the forum, delete it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure Oklahoma has a any state agency/office/whatever that operates anywhere even close to efficient or effective.  From what I've seen personally, it's the most screwed up system I've ever seen in my life.  Seriously, people don't realize how bad it is but they truly have no damn idea what they are doing.  Occasionally you'll run into someone who knows what they are doing but when they are surrounded by others who don't, they are rendered useless by default.  OKDHS is the most grossly negligent and inefficient department you can imagine...it staggers the mind.  Case workers have so many cases assigned to them it's literally impossible for them to investigate any of them fully or all of them even partially.  Every time a child dies under DHS "supervision" the public goes ballistic and wants the head of that case worker but the facts are the state only employs the bare minimum of case workers and expects them to handle it knowing full well it's impossible and children will suffer and die and any parents that have to deal with DHS due to divorce and child custody will become so disillusioned with the system they will grow to despise the state for how they operate these departments, and here we are.

So, yeah, I'm sorry for how they are treating your moms case but I'm not surprised at all.  It's disgusting that the state knows that this is what they are doing but they sure as hell aren't going to hire staff to bring the efficiency up because that would mean all the managers wouldn't get paid as well and there are a lot of managers to be paid...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
what would my cousin's kid be?
anyway, the waste that killed him with a baseball bat in April has yet to stand trial.
motions. hearings, depositions, you'd think they were paid by the hour.

oh, wait....

the wheels on the bus go round and round, slowly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why the fuck does this state require so many competency hearings for someone claiming mental illness but who is competent??

The fuck stick that attacked my mom a year ago and a circle K clerk not a week later is locked up in a mental ward awaiting yet ANOTHER fucking competency hearing in January next year after having one this month, one back in june and one back in march to include two more last year. WTF?!

Its got my mom pissed and getting me pissed that this damn state "requires" a dozen plus psych evals before a mother fucker is determined to be able to be tried.

This states legal system pisses me off. Lol, can't even call it a legal system with as lazy as the system is.

ETA: Mods, my apologies if my rant is too vulgar. If its too much for the forum, delete it.
View Quote

If he's released, there's no guarantee that he lives to see trial.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's bad... How?
There is plenty of evidence to convict him and show he was conscience of what he was doing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Frustrating isn't it.  Spending all that time killing an enemy and then get home and find that the damn enemy is protected by the same mental midget you were fighting for.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top