Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2014 11:21:34 PM EDT
I am in discussion with a Mr. Dawn Henry in Tulsa about a firearm sale from him on Armslist.  He has identified himself as a FFL dealer, but I have not been able to verify this yet as my searches on various sites have not proven fruitful..  The price of the sale is very good, but Armslist has labeled his ad as a possible scam.  Anyone on the OK forum used him for purchases or transfers?

Thanks

Bill P
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am in discussion with a Mr. Dawn Henry in Tulsa about a firearm sale from him on Armslist.  He has identified himself as a FFL dealer, but I have not been able to verify this yet as my searches on various sites have not proven fruitful..  The price of the sale is very good, but Armslist has labeled his ad as a possible scam.  Anyone on the OK forum used him for purchases or transfers?

Thanks

Bill P
View Quote

FFL EZ Check. If he's not forthcoming with the  information, run. Quickly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
ask him to provide a copy of his ffl to your ffl dealer, and don't make move till he does so.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Atf website has ffl listing and if he is not listed ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
First thing that throws up warning flags is a guy named "Dawn".  "Don" I can see, but "Dawn"?  I know there are a lot of names that are sort of gender neutral and the whole "Boy named Sue" thing but it's really rare and in cases like this anything that seems odd usually is.

If his name isn't listed among the FFL's, notify the ATF and see what they say...they work for you (and against you, but in this case for you) after all.  Don't take chances.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of him and he should give you his FFL # and you can check it, like others have said on FFLEZCHECK.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
All open source through ATF website for dealer listings by state.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#8]
trust your spidysense on this one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all.  If he sends the rifle to my ffl, then I suppose he may be legit. But definitely holding onto my money.
BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top