Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2014 9:52:05 AM EDT
I was needing to go blast through some surplus 54R and was wondering if it had reopened since the tornado last may
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's open.  They are still repairing some areas but most of it is open from what I've read.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont know if i asked already...getting old sucks...

Whats the directions to the banner road range coming from NW OKC...like Council and NW Expressway?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont know if i asked already...getting old sucks...

Whats the directions to the banner road range coming from NW OKC...like Council and NW Expressway?
View Quote

Just search Canadian Rifle Range or Canadian Ranges.

Once you get on I-40 you exit Banner Rd North to your first right at the school which is Jensen. Go West roughly 1.5 miles and you will see a sign on your left. If I remember correctly you drive through 1 or 2 stop signs while traveling West.  He should still be open, I was out there shooting about a week after the tornado hit the place.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Harry missed 1 week after the tornado and has been up and running since. (well Harry himself slipped and broke a bone and had a sub for a few weeks, but the range was open)
He's the reason I care not one lick about H&H, Wilshire,Safety First,Gun World,Sgt Everts, or any other indoor range.

With the new roof and back walls you can shoot in the rain (kinda sloppy setting up targets, but i'll survive) and snow.
I know this firsthand

Get there early to beat the heat,operatas, and ninjas.

The weekend after the tornado and one where it was so foggy you couldn't see 50 yards, let alone my 100 are the only Sundays I've missed in 5 years.
Fog burned off by 9, but i was long gone by then.

He's closed on Mondays and i THINK the hours are 10:00-6:30 during the week and 8:00-6:30 weekends.
Number is 262- 9011, he's got a recording.
Be safe, don't be stupid, he sent a guy home last week for firing when someone was starting downrange.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Harry missed 1 week after the tornado and has been up and running since. (well Harry himself slipped and broke a bone and had a sub for a few weeks, but the range was open)
He's the reason I care not one lick about H&H, Wilshire,Safety First,Gun World,Sgt Everts, or any other indoor range.

With the new roof and back walls you can shoot in the rain (kinda sloppy setting up targets, but i'll survive) and snow.
I know this firsthand

Get there early to beat the heat,operatas, and ninjas.

The weekend after the tornado and one where it was so foggy you couldn't see 50 yards, let alone my 100 are the only Sundays I've missed in 5 years.
Fog burned off by 9, but i was long gone by then.

He's closed on Mondays and i THINK the hours are 10:00-6:30 during the week and 8:00-6:30 weekends.
Number is 262- 9011, he's got a recording.
Be safe, don't be stupid, he sent a guy home last week for firing when someone was starting downrange.
View Quote

Thank you for the info. I go to Sgt Everetts just to shoot my pistols because it is literally 2 minutes from where I live, but I want to blow through some 54R and I HATE going to H&H unless i am going to the 4U or Archery counter.

Plus H&H is anal about steel cased ammo
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I pulled a bullet out of one of my Herters 54R and it has steel in it somewhere. I broke the dremel and cutter disc out and cut into it too. All i found was lead, but there is steel somewhere in the bullet itself, as it sticks to neodymium magnets on my EV drivers pretty hard. Maybe a thin coating around the lead is what i am thinking, thin enough to where i couldnt see it. Same with the herters x39 ammo for my AK...Cabellas states on their site they are non steel core...but they got steel somewhere. I havent shot my Mosins or AK in long time...so when i go to Banner road...i will certainly be bringing them...i like my Mosins allot...history.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
he doesn't care about steel core, knock yourself out.
no rapid fire, no shotguns, no shooting trash on the ground.

lots of jacketed/plated bullets state "will attract a magnet" but aren't steel core.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top