Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2014 3:14:18 PM EDT
yeah, we all know he's dead, this isn't about that.
watch  this and tell me how you would react, a civvie not knowing just WTH is going on.
even his liason or PIO was no help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9QAAEfQEA

notice they guy in the foreground trying to get a cover to his buddy.

finally, how do think  a high maintenance performer like Lady Gaga, or Miley Cyrus would have handled it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a classy guy. I put no blame on him at all. I actually love this clip. Anyone else would probably have performed,right on through it with zero regard for the moment. I think he handled it quite well as a sudden deal.

ETA: Even some active duty cameramen are able to move and film while colors is playing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure Robin Williams has always been a supporter of the military, and it probably wasn't his first USO visit, so it probably wasn't his first time being on an installation during Retreat.  (On that note, on AF installations they do the Star Spangled Banner for Retreat).  

For the youngsters out there, they should watch Good Morning Vietnam.

BTW, I do agree that certain celebrities probably wouldn't have known what to do (assuming no brief beforehand).

RIP, Robin Williams.  Always was a fan.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up on AFB's, we would be driving down the road and all the speakers would start playing the national anthem and everyone would stop and get out and do whatever they were dressed for.  It seemed strange not do it after dad retired.  It was really weird transitioning from military to civilian life as a child LOL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice find
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top