Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 1:24:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an ak47 with him that Tim is refinishing. He's got my vote .
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Reading his stances, looks like just another ultra conservative religious Republican.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reading his stances, looks like just another ultra conservative religious Republican.
View Quote

We have a lot of that, candidates that all look alike on paper. Now, Russel probably has my vote because I trust him on Gun issues, and I cant tell one from the other on any other issues. I'm really having trouble coming to a decision on the Senate race. I went a candidate forum in Norman last week and saw Erick Wyatt speak. SO now I've narrowed it down to anybody who isn't Erick Wyatt. The district 40 state senate race is similar, all the same pandering talking points but nobody standing out. On that one I've narrowed it down to anybody that isn't married to Sally Kern.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm kind of torn on Steve Russell, on one hand I believe him to be a good man who loves his country and wants what's best for it but I believe religion should be kept out of government.  We are a nation of many religions and citizens who don't have a religion, our politicians should inject their beliefs into government policy because it only applies to a percentage of citizens instead of everyone. I think politicians should practice their religion but keep it out of politics.  I definitely appreciate his service to his country and his pro a constitution stance but you rarely find politicians who are pro a constitution/pro-2nd amendment that actually believes in equality for all as quoted on his website.  Maybe he does but there isn't a great track record of republicans supporting legislature that gives equal rights to those who they have religious issues with.  It wasn't very long ago that conservatives openly fought against equal rights for blacks, fortunately we have evolved, mostly, past that kind of behavior but it's still very common dealing LGBT citizens which is definitely not in line with the "all men are created equal" principle we pride ourselves on.

Many republicans are in it for their own agenda and advancements instead of for the citizens of this country.  I can say, I believe Steve Russell is in it for the people, not himself so that's a plus.  Compared to past legislators, I think Mr. Russell will be an improvement but I'm always concerned about those that describe themselves as "conservative" because some are a little too conservative for my tastes.  I do wish this next election would be able to shift the balance of power away from the democrats but what I've read is that isn't possible this time around.  While I don't agree with most "conservative" republicans, something has to be done to get these freedom hating, anti-gun nutballs out of power.  This past democratic government has proven those guys aren't capable of running the United States, the UK maybe but not the US.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm kind of torn on Steve Russell, on one hand I believe him to be a good man who loves his country and wants what's best for it but I believe religion should be kept out of government.  We are a nation of many religions and citizens who don't have a religion, our politicians should inject their beliefs into government policy because it only applies to a percentage of citizens instead of everyone. I think politicians should practice their religion but keep it out of politics.  I definitely appreciate his service to his country and his pro a constitution stance but you rarely find politicians who are pro a constitution/pro-2nd amendment that actually believes in equality for all as quoted on his website.  Maybe he does but there isn't a great track record of republicans supporting legislature that gives equal rights to those who they have religious issues with.  It wasn't very long ago that conservatives openly fought against equal rights for blacks, fortunately we have evolved, mostly, past that kind of behavior but it's still very common dealing LGBT citizens which is definitely not in line with the "all men are created equal" principle we pride ourselves on.

Many republicans are in it for their own agenda and advancements instead of for the citizens of this country.  I can say, I believe Steve Russell is in it for the people, not himself so that's a plus.  Compared to past legislators, I think Mr. Russell will be an improvement but I'm always concerned about those that describe themselves as "conservative" because some are a little too conservative for my tastes.  I do wish this next election would be able to shift the balance of power away from the democrats but what I've read is that isn't possible this time around.  While I don't agree with most "conservative" republicans, something has to be done to get these freedom hating, anti-gun nutballs out of power.  This past democratic government has proven those guys aren't capable of running the United States, the UK maybe but not the US.
View Quote

I don't think anybody is TOO conservative. I think a lot of republicans have a warped definition of conservatism. To many people mistake legislating their religious views as conservatism. I see smaller government all around as true conservatism. I'm a "let people have guns, let people smoke pot, let people marry who they want, smaller government all around" conservative. I guess too much freedom is scary for some people though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:47:37 AM EDT
[#6]
he lost my sister's vote due to his stance on abortion / anti-choice. ("pro-life")
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not another one of those.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
he lost my sister's vote due to his stance on abortion / anti-choice. ("pro-life")
View Quote

Another reason he would have mine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As mine
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#10]
While he may seem far right wing the real question is will he keep his word and pursue the positions he promises during the election?
I don't want to vote for another two faced Obama rubber stamp or Obama lap dog.
His biggest problem is James Lankford.
Lankford may have churches supporting him but he is not a maverick in Congress but goes along with the flow.
Dammit, we don't need anymore like that.....
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Steve.........................G.T.G.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You need to check out who is running, Lankford is running for the Senate, Russell is running for Lankfords old seat in the House, they are NOT running against each other.

Lankford running for Coburn's old seat in the Senate
Russell is running for Lankford's old seat in the House

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While he may seem far right wing the real question is will he keep his word and pursue the positions he promises during the election?
Lankford may have churches supporting him but he is not a maverick in Congress but goes along with the flow.

You need to check out who is running, Lankford is running for the Senate, Russell is running for Lankfords old seat in the House, they are NOT running against each other.

Lankford running for Coburn's old seat in the Senate
Russell is running for Lankford's old seat in the House

Never said they were running against each other.
People I know aren't very happy with Lankford giving lip service and not fighting Obama tooth and nail.
They are afraid Russell is just another Baptist conservative clone to take Lankford's place.
They have had enough of that type.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Many republicans are in it for their own agenda and advancements instead of for the citizens of this country.  I can say, I believe Steve Russell is in it for the people, not himself so that's a plus.  Compared to past legislators, I think Mr. Russell will be an improvement but I'm always concerned about those that describe themselves as "conservative" because some are a little too conservative for my tastes.  I do wish this next election would be able to shift the balance of power away from the democrats but what I've read is that isn't possible this time around.  While I don't agree with most "conservative" republicans, something has to be done to get these freedom hating, anti-gun nutballs out of power.  This past democratic government has proved those guys aren't capable of running the United States, the UK maybe but not the US.
View Quote

A wise person once told me that if your young and not a liberal you don't have a heart but once you grow up, if your not a conservative, you don't have a brain.

I was once a live and let live type, I was idealistic, naive and thought I could see both sides but some life experience and the new type of liberals in this country have pushed me more and more to the conservative side.

The Democratic party, liberals and progressives of today are a threat to freedom and liberty like nothing this nation has ever seen.

The United States has prospered and survived real threats to its existence for a reason. It has been the one, true force for freedom and liberty on the planet, like nothing ever before. Not perfect but the fact that we have dealt with some of the issues you noted proves it. Nowhere else could this have happened and its not just internal. The United States has has an enormous effect world wide.

Just take a look at history and remove the US from the equation, then think about the world as it would be now.

The Democratic Party, liberals and progressives of today would destroy that nation and they are working hard at it right now.

I will be voting for Steve because I believe he truly loves this country, will fight for our freedom and liberty and is a true leader who will fight against those that seek to destroy the US from inside. We need that type of person in positions of leadership desperately.

I don't care what religion someone is or if they display it, as long as their beliefs are compatible with freedom, liberty and the Constitution. I trust no one who has no religious/spiritual convictions because they will be weak when pressured.

I look at what a person has done not what they have said.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Well said CG
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know I don't know much about Senator Russell.  I know that once upon a time here on the OKHTF he was worshipped like a deity.  If he took a shit everyone gathered around, sniffed, and took selfies with it.  A politician is a politician in my opinion.  They're all self serving bullshit artists. They all want a title that makes them feel super-duper, and that fat check they get for the rest of their lives after they serve two terms in office.

HOWEVER, having said that.................. He seemed VERY gun friendly.  I can forgive a lot for that.  At least he thought about the gun toting crowd and tried to make things better, or at a minimum more livable.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:21:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm all for term limits and no pension, live under the same laws and healthcare as us little peeps. Public service is not currently "public service" in the slightest.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I know that government breeds more government.
I am reluctant to vote for anyone that has spent years employed in government service, even if it is our military.
The most important thing is how trustworthy are they. Anyone who is elected is a politician in this day and age.
That immediately makes their integrity questionable.
We always are given the choice of picking the least evil in our vote and that is all we can hope for.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know that government breeds more government.
I am reluctant to vote for anyone that has spent years employed in government service, even if it is our military.
The most important thing is how trustworthy are they. Anyone who is elected is a politician in this day and age.
That immediately makes their integrity questionable.
We always are given the choice of picking the least evil in our vote and that is all we can hope for.
View Quote

The last few elections have been that way for me! I find myself asking : "which one of these assholes is going to screw me the least?"
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm all for term limits and no pension, live under the same laws and healthcare as us little peeps. Public service is not currently "public service" in the slightest.
View Quote

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Absolutely!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely!

The truth is if someone goes to Washington with that attitude, he won't last long or he'll lose his/her integrity quickly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The BS Shannon and his followers have pulled make me feel like I probably won't support him in the future due to his dishonesty.

View Quote

I'm not voting for Lankford simply because he talks tough but is an Obama lap dog when it comes to taking action against Obama.
I'm not saying Lankford isn't a good Christian but he sure isn't a leader or someone who will be relentless in stopping what Obama has done.
Negative campaigning bothers you? I suggest you move to Alaska where you won't have to listen to any of it. It seems to be a regular occurrence in Oklahoma politics.
Let me put it this way, I don't believe a damn thing I hear from a politician. All I can do is pick the one that will give me the least f*cking in office.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#24]
The only person Ive seen that hasn't slammed any other candidate is Col. Russell. He's only touted his own stuff, not talked down about anyone.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I've met him several times and talked to him a few more. He's a great candidate for 2a issues. As far as I can tell he'd be great for Oklahoma. I just wish Tom Cole was going to stick around as well
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You might want to check into what's been happening, Lankford has been heavily involved in the committees investigating wrongdoing by the Øbama Administration.  He is an active member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, this is the PRIMARY committee investigating several of the scandals, like the IRS scandal.  He has been interviewed on the national news shows numerous times about those investigations into Øbama's wrongdoing, if you think he's an Øbama lap dog you are badly misinformed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not voting for Lankford simply because he talks tough but is an Obama lap dog when it comes to taking action against Obama.
I'm not saying Lankford isn't a good Christian but he sure isn't a leader or someone who will be relentless in stopping what Obama has done.

You might want to check into what's been happening, Lankford has been heavily involved in the committees investigating wrongdoing by the Øbama Administration.  He is an active member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, this is the PRIMARY committee investigating several of the scandals, like the IRS scandal.  He has been interviewed on the national news shows numerous times about those investigations into Øbama's wrongdoing, if you think he's an Øbama lap dog you are badly misinformed.

RANT ON

If you think talking tough and letting Obama pull one violation of law after another, good for you. Talk is cheap.
When did Lankford call for or Introduce a bill to throw Obama out on his ass?
Ask Lankford in person and he will tell you the system is working.
Does he think we are stupid or gullible tobelieve that BS?
He is a lap dog that barks but won't take a bite out of the arsonist burning the house down.
He is not even calling Obama a dictator because it would make the weak sisters in Congress look like an old ladies' sewing circle.
FUCK BARACK OBAMA and those elected officials who talk tough but are still LETTING OBAMA DESTROY THE US!

RANT OFF
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What Wingman said!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a lot of that, candidates that all look alike on paper. Now, Russel probably has my vote because I trust him on Gun issues, and I cant tell one from the other on any other issues. I'm really having trouble coming to a decision on the Senate race. I went a candidate forum in Norman last week and saw Erick Wyatt speak. SO now I've narrowed it down to anybody who isn't Erick Wyatt. The district 40 state senate race is similar, all the same pandering talking points but nobody standing out. On that one I've narrowed it down to anybody that isn't married to Sally Kern.
View Quote

He may be the greatest friend to the 2A, but for me, there are still other amendments that are just as important.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Not sure what you mean by "those" but as for someone who doesn't want a religious agenda pushed through government, I can't vote for someone who thinks their religious values trumps all others and should be forced upon everyone else.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#31]
how about a report from the OKHTF members that spent 2 days with Steve at a gun show?
are there any left here (not banned, or moved)?.
how was he, was he pushing his beliefs on anyone?

i've had limited exposure to him,at least since he was 7 and i was 14 (he grew up in the hood) but he's always been friendly and professional.
but you'd expect that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What Wingman said!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What Wingman said!!!

Noise won't stop Obama's over reaching executive orders or his selectively enforcing laws, depending on who you are.
I have personally been told by Lankford the system is working. He is either extremely naive, lying, or dumber than a rock.
What ever it is he is just another noise maker and not in Obama's face.
We need correction NOW for Obama's wrongs, not just empty promises.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#33]
I am going to vote for Steve Russell for Congressman. A friend from high school is a state representative who knows Sen Russell. He says he wasn't very well liked in the state legislature because he kept pressing his issues whether the other legislators liked it or not.
I like that!
it says a lot for the man.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#34]
If you do not vote for Steve Russell for Congressman, you are not voting for Oklahoma Gun Rights.

Amongst other great things he has done, he has watched out for the rights of the Oklahoma Gun Owner.  He is a great guy, and has done his time in the Mil., and knows what is actually happening behind closed doors.   Having him in congress is like having your best friend watching out for you
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I've known Steve on and off due to gun related subjects and I can say from hanging around him he's good for the state......And the statement about gun rights is spot on.....The man owns a gun building company......Can't ask for more then that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#39]
So he won? Excellent! I have much respect for him, as I stated before I have issues with the religion part of it but I think he's the best man for the job right now.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#40]
pretty sure he has to have a runoff  with #2.

" — In Oklahoma’s 5th District, a six-candidate GOP field was whittled to two: State Sen. Steve Russell and Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner Patrice Douglas will head to an Aug. 26 runoff.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/house-primary-elections-108265.html#ixzz35hqfNTRN "
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yep, there's a runoff between the top 2, so it all depends on who the people who voted for the other folks decide to vote for.  He's in a good position, hopefully he will get most of those to come over to his side, so he still needs our support through the runoff and then the general election.
View Quote

Runoff will be in August.

General in November.

I'll vote in both.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#43]
It's a load of crap that independents can't vote in primaries
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just register as one or the other.

You aren't selling your soul.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the sentiment that drives one to eject and register (I), but it is cutting yourself off from actually having a part in saying who the nominee is, therefore the problem of RINOs or moderates will persist.

To me it seems we need to eradicate the (R) moderate panzies and go from there. You can't fix a party from the oustide.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is not fitting in with one or the other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top