Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2014 3:18:57 PM EDT
Sorry Cant get the hotlink going Oklahoma Militia ready to go to Clive Bundy

Sen. Jim Inhofe said, “You’ve got a bunch of people there trying to take the law into their own hands and they shouldn’t be doing that. And the Bureau of Land Management is not government-owned, it’s publicly owned. There’s a big difference there. I blame both sides.”

http://kfor.com/2014/04/20/oklahoma-militia-gears-up-to-fight-with-feds/']

Thanks

Edit for hot link
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Smartest thing I've ever heard Inhofe say.  Bundy is a sleazebag who is manipulating people, who are sadly pretty easy to manipulate, into backing him up in a situation where he should be jailed.  The guy is a conman and a POS that decided he was somehow not required to pay his grazing fee's like all his fellow ranchers who have had nothing but problems with their one man criminal spree of a neighbor.  

I'm all for a good old fashioned protest but in this case, this turd created his own crapstorm and it's disappointing that so many good people are being suckered into his mess.  I just hope one of these people doesn't do something stupid because they are going to fuel a government gun rights attack that will make the last one look like child's play.  The government knows that, in a court of law there will be no doubt he is at fault, he's already lost his original case which is what started this issue and should a shot be fired and this go further than it has, the 2A is going to take a huge hit.

I wouldn't doubt that the government hasn't already planned for that and are hoping one of these protestors does something stupid so they can make another gun grab.  Now if this whole thing had been legitimate from the start and this rancher had been in the right it would be different but that's not the case, Bundy broke countless laws despite what he's telling his supporters.  It's just sad that all these people are getting into this to help a guy that should be in jail and none of them even bother to research the details of the case, they just want to protest.  I thought the average American was smarter than that.  These folks are creating their own problems then protesting the response...really? That's the side you want to be on?  I'm not a fan of some of the stuff that the federal law enforcement guys have done but you can't purposely break the law and then throw a hissy fit because law enforcement shows up...well unless you're this Bundy dipstick of course.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Texas-Oklahoma Dispute

Sounds like a bullshit reason and Inhoff is a fool. I bet no one in Texas knew that Texas had no right to deed out land. Be that is a recently dreamed up BLM policy just like it seems most of their policies are "on the spot".
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Texas-Oklahoma Dispute

Sounds like a bullshit reason and Inhoff is a fool. I bet no one in Texas knew that Texas had no right to deed out land. Be that is a recently dreamed up BLM policy just like it seems most of their policies are "on the spot".
View Quote

I believe the Federal Government has no legal right to own this land. I do believe if you read the constitution of the United States the federal government can only own land for the purpose of government buildings such as military basis and post offices etc. I think the residents of Oklahoma would be best served if they are the stewards of their own state land and not the federal government. The state economy would be better off  without the federal government involvement. What happen to the other ranchers in Oklahoma? They were driven off the land and pushed out of business by the government. The feds created the BLM and the EPA to terrorize the citizens of this country and especially the western states. Where is Harry Reid and his son ? What about that controversy? This is exactly why the fathers of this country wrote the constitution of these united states   not the constitution of the federal government. Over reach is an understatement. The government by intimidation drove those other herders off the land. With the use of the EPA and the desert turtles .Bullshit !! Inhoff is a stooge with the rest of the brain washed government lapdogs. Wake the fuck up already the government calls us terrorist ? They are the terrorist. Its not going to be pretty but we can fly choppers as well as they can and we can drive heavy vehicles just like they can and we have the expertise and counter measures as well communications. The only thing which concerns me is the anarchist  

Call Bundy what you want.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He paid is grazing fees to the state, the state sent them back to him, and he has said he is quite willing to pay grazing fees to the state, he has no problem with that, he just doesn't want to pay grazing fees to the BLM.

He doesn't have a legal leg to stand on, but the major point is that the BLM has GROSSLY over reacted, they sent 200 officers and a SWAT Team down there to confiscate his cattle, at what point is lethal force needed to enforce a civil action?  This is 100% a civil thing, its for the courts to enforce.  As several of the talking heads on TV have said, all they have to do is file a lien on his ranch, when he dies they will get their money, none of this drama was justified in any manner.
View Quote

In 1989 the Department of Fish and Wildlife declared the desert tortoise an endangered species. In 1993 when this all started, the government changed the status of the desert tortoise to threatened which meant that area of public land's use had to be limited.  This same thing happens all over the US to protect threatened species.  Countless other areas in the US have had land limited to only certain uses when a species is in danger and also had limited areas opened back up after the threat is gone.  It's all part of how the US protects it's native wildlife but in this case a rancher gets his panties in a bunch over it and decides to make it his duty to be a pain in the ass.  As part of the process the land was declared off limits to cattle grazing and off road vehicles, standard operating procedure used all over the US.

This, of course, irritated the locals who have always used that land for offroading and it started the problems with Bundy.  He refused to pay his grazing fee's because he didn't want any of his money "supporting a preserve".  He also refused to remove his cattle and was fined over and over for illegal grazing, however, he refused to pay the fines in addition to continuing to illegally graze his cattle on the protected area.  This is where the government made their biggest mistake.  They continued to fine him, revoke his federal grazing permit and he continued to not pay the fines and illegally graze and the government kept this going for decades instead of going in and removing his cattle right then.  The longer the government let him get away with it the bolder Bundy got.

In 1995 the situation was getting out of control and the cattle rancher's anger at not being allowed to graze protected land was also getting out of control.  In April of 1995 a small bomb exploded in a U.S. Forest Service office in Nevada.  Nobody was hurt and they couldn't prove who did it but it was obviously a warning from cattle ranchers.  This incident changed everything and from then on the feds started taking this issue far more seriously, as they should, after all a bombing a federal office is a major incident.  

So all of this went on for years, with the government continuing to fine Bundy, him refusing to pay, and cattle ranchers in this area becoming more and more active in defying the government limitations of that land.  Bundy being the only one who refused to remove his cattle.  There were several court cases and appeals, all of which did not rule in Bundy's favor.  Still he continued to defy the government limitations on the land use and still refused to remove his cattle even after being told, point blank, to remove the cattle or it would be removed by the government.  Bundy and the cattle ranchers issued constant threats of violence should the government try to remove the cattle.  The government backed down multiple times due to the threats that if the government tried to remove the cattle they would meet armed resistance and that they would do what they had to to stop them.  The government backed down again not wanting to risk the lives of the people who would have to actually go in and do it.

Finally the BLM decided that it was time to actually do what they should have done in 1993 and made plans to go in and remove the cattle.  Due to the multiple threats of armed resistance from the ranchers and the memory of the bombing the government was forced to employ armed officers to protect the BLM cowboys that were going in.  Part of protecting the BLM cowboys was placing snipers at vantage points where they could cover the cowboys.  

Now, Bundy and his rabble of supporters would have every believe they were just poor innocent ranchers who were being manhandled by the government and treated unfairly.  That they were non-vioent protestors and were threatened by armed federal agents and snipers for no reason..

Uh huh, horse crap.  These guys, primarily their ring leader Bundy, had made it very clear from the start that they would respond with armed citizens should the government attempt to actually try and remove the cattle.  Of course the government went in armed, they had been threatened for years that they would face armed resistance.  Bundy and his bunch are just manipulating the system, the media and angry citizens who have nothing to do with the land issue but are looking for any excuse to show their disdain for the government.  The guy is a turd, has been a turd from the beginning and deserves to have his cattle confiscated to pay for his fines and reimburse the government for all the costs accrued dealing with his childish butt.

I've said it before...I'm all for a good old fashioned protest when it's actually warranted but this case is nothing more than one butthurt rancher and his followers who can't accept that sometimes the world doesn't give them everything they want.  There are countless areas around the US that have had to be closed to grazing and offloading to protect an endangered species or because they've torn the place up and it needs time to come back and the people who live there just deal with it.  There was an area where I grew up that we would use for offroading and camping and general fun but it reached a point where there were more offroading trails and torn up ground than tree's and grass so the federal government made it off limits to offroad vehicles and camping.  Pissed off a whole lot of people but, the land couldn't take the abuse and needed time to recover.  After about 15 years or so of being off limits, it looked like it did before being thrashed by people and the government opened it up to limited use.  My point being, crap happens, suck it up and get over it like an adult.  Bundy is acting like a child who stole a toy from the store and fights the store owner from taking it back.  There's nothing in this case that wasn't caused by Bundy's childish refusal to accept that he couldn't have his way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
To my knowledge, the stupid turtle was NEVER really endangered, let alone threatened. That was simply an excuse to get a foothold on the land and to be able to tax the shit out of other ranchers that had been ran off because of ridiculous fees and reduced grazing areas.

When the Feds showed up with heavy weapons and snipers against an unarmed family, THAT it what caused this BS. It was a heavy handed response that could have been handled with liens and maybe an agent or two to tell Bundy "Dude, you aint paid us, so were gonna put liens on what you own and go from there". Instead they tried to run him off at gunpoint. The armed response, if you recall from the citizens, didn't happen for a few days after the BLM closed off the area.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
My two cents is this was blown out of proportions, like stated previously this is a civil matter and should have been handled in the courts.  The grazing fees should not be going to the BLM they should be staying in the state.  I do believe Bundy is in the wrong for not paying to use the land.  It is not his ranch he was grazing his cattle on public lands.  

This should never have been a federal matter, it is a state matter and should be handled accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe the Federal Government has no legal right to own this land. I do believe if you read the constitution of the United States the federal government can only own land for the purpose of government buildings such as military basis and post offices etc. I think the residents of Oklahoma would be best served if they are the stewards of their own state land and not the federal government. The state economy would be better off  without the federal government involvement. What happen to the other ranchers in Oklahoma? They were driven off the land and pushed out of business by the government. The feds created the BLM and the EPA to terrorize the citizens of this country and especially the western states. Where is Harry Reid and his son ? What about that controversy? This is exactly why the fathers of this country wrote the constitution of these united states   not the constitution of the federal government. Over reach is an understatement. The government by intimidation drove those other herders off the land. With the use of the EPA and the desert turtles .Bullshit !! Inhoff is a stooge with the rest of the brain washed government lapdogs. Wake the fuck up already the government calls us terrorist ? They are the terrorist. Its not going to be pretty but we can fly choppers as well as they can and we can drive heavy vehicles just like they can and we have the expertise and counter measures as well communications. The only thing which concerns me is the anarchist  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas-Oklahoma Dispute

"The feds created the BLM and the EPA to terrorize the citizens of this country and especially the western states.".... Really? Ok, well I can see now how you rationalize your argument and it's pointless to try to make sense of something created with that kind of basis.  You're obviously angry over either the Bundy situation or the Oklahoma Texas thing, I can't tell which but either way the reality bus has left the station empty.

I don't agree with everything the government has done with regards to the Bundy situation but if you look at the facts, not the "facts" that Bundy has made up but the actual facts, the government has been dealing with Bundy since 1993 and have been way more patient than they should have been.  To be honest, if the government had removed his cattle the first he refused to do it in 1993 none of this would have ever happened.  They gave him 21 years of leniency and 21 years of opportunity to man up and do the right thing and instead he's whipped up 21 years of BS and created his own crapstorm.  He deserves far worse than he's got so far and his refusal to act like an adult may very well end up with some innocent person or persons getting killed.  It's also going to make it far worse on law abiding ranchers who will be stuck with far stricter federal interactions.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To my knowledge, the stupid turtle was NEVER really endangered, let alone threatened. That was simply an excuse to get a foothold on the land and to be able to tax the shit out of other ranchers that had been ran off because of ridiculous fees and reduced grazing areas.

When the Feds showed up with heavy weapons and snipers against an unarmed family, THAT it what caused this BS. It was a heavy handed response that could have been handled with liens and maybe an agent or two to tell Bundy "Dude, you aint paid us, so were gonna put liens on what you own and go from there". Instead they tried to run him off at gunpoint. The armed response, if you recall from the citizens, didn't happen for a few days after the BLM closed off the area.
View Quote

That's completely untrue, it's well documented that the desert tortoise was listed as "endangered" in 1989 and then changed to "threatened" (which means the situation is worse than endangered).  Just because Bundy says it's not true doesn't make it so, it's all documented so choosing not to believe it makes no sense at all.  It wasn't an excuse, it's just what happens.  Folks need to read the facts. The government was warned over and over that they would face armed resistance if they tried to move the cattle...of course they came in armed for fricks sake.  Research the facts...just have to read.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The tortoise is so endangered that Harry Reid wanted a plant built nearby, and as a person with a large amount of political influence he got a waiver virtually instantly, no hearing or anything, and it is also in this endangered tortoise area.  Harry seems to have an inordinate interest in this case as well, and a lot of people are speculating that Harry Reid has got some hanky panky going on, and as soon as they can get all the cattle out of there, something else is going to be announced and another waiver granted without so much as a "thank you Ma'am".

It has been stated that there is another reserve area nearby inside Las Vegas city limits, where the tortoise are doing so well they are killing them, culling the herd, they are overwhelming the resources available, of course they couldn't just load them in a pickup and drive them out in the desert a very few miles to this area.
View Quote

Same word I've been getting. His son sold the land to a Chinese solar panel joint that is gonna put chicom panels in that area once Bundy is gone. I'm pretty sure that'd what the armed intrusion was for, to strong arm him out. That is until the militia level dudes decided to show up and dig in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"The feds created the BLM and the EPA to terrorize the citizens of this country and especially the western states.".... Really? Ok, well I can see now how you rationalize your argument and it's pointless to try to make sense of something created with that kind of basis.  You're obviously angry over either the Bundy situation or the Oklahoma Texas thing, I can't tell which but either way the reality bus has left the station empty.

I don't agree with everything the government has done with regards to the Bundy situation but if you look at the facts, not the "facts" that Bundy has made up but the actual facts, the government has been dealing with Bundy since 1993 and have been way more patient than they should have been.  To be honest, if the government had removed his cattle the first he refused to do it in 1993 none of this would have ever happened.  They gave him 21 years of leniency and 21 years of opportunity to man up and do the right thing and instead he's whipped up 21 years of BS and created his own crapstorm.  He deserves far worse than he's got so far and his refusal to act like an adult may very well end up with some innocent person or persons getting killed.  It's also going to make it far worse on law abiding ranchers who will be stuck with far stricter federal interactions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas-Oklahoma Dispute

Seriously? The reality bus has left the station? I admit to knowing nothing of this situation in Oklahoma ,but I do realize the fact that the government is ruthless when it comes to handling situations like this. Ruby Ridge and Waco comes to mind immediately. However, getting back to the conversation of the EPA which is run by the radical liberal left and further funds environmental groups with our tax dollars to sue to further their agenda of sustainability is disgusting to say the least. The EPA has forced shutdowns of dozen of coal fired plants along the eastern seaboard which provides jobs and electricity to hundreds of thousands of people. Which has resulted in higher energy cost due to supply and demand and has cost of thousands of jobs in rural areas resulting in increased spending on social programs etc.The EPA is worse then the BLM with a double handed left right hook with the thinking "if you cant get it one way you can get it another".  Anyway ,who is the other rancher out there that's in his 80s and is a Native American rancher?You know the one I'm talking about, the feds attached a 15% lien on his social security checks for basically the same situation. The only difference that I can see here is he is Native American on Indian land by treaty yet the BLM fucked him over as well. Who gives two shits about a turtle. The turtle was here before us and Mr. and Mrs. turtle will be here after us. There is more to this then Bundy ,Grazing fees ,and turtles. The government is not our friend especially under this administration along with that senile old man Harry Reid .   I'm waiting for the rest of this story to unfold

Dan
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He paid is grazing fees to the state, the state sent them back to him, and he has said he is quite willing to pay grazing fees to the state, he has no problem with that, he just doesn't want to pay grazing fees to the BLM.

He doesn't have a legal leg to stand on, but the major point is that the BLM has GROSSLY over reacted, they sent 200 officers and a SWAT Team down there to confiscate his cattle, at what point is lethal force needed to enforce a civil action?  This is 100% a civil thing, its for the courts to enforce.  As several of the talking heads on TV have said, all they have to do is file a lien on his ranch, when he dies they will get their money, none of this drama was justified in any manner.
View Quote

The state didn't accept them because they are federal lands, therefore he needs to pay the Feds. If you want to argue about federal land management take it up with your state government, but just quit paying your grazing fees? Get real, he knew what he was supposed to do and chose not to.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It came out today that the courts ordered the BLM to return Federally owned property in Nevada (and several other states) back to the state back in the 1970's, and the BLM has ignored the court order against them, so the BLM isn't entering this with clean hands by any means.
View Quote

So let it be done so let it be written " if it is to begin let it begin here"
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't see anyone post this, so I figure I would.

It seems everyone's favorite Nevada farmer and grazing-rights Patriot has opened his mouth firmly and stuck his foot in it:
View Quote

http://news.yahoo.com/list-cliven-bundys-supporters-now-know-hes-pro-133625625.html

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton," Bundy said. "And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
View Quote

While I am sure some will not have a problem with this guy saying this, PERHAPS you could have and should have selected a better  person to be suportive of.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't really know much about this situation, and I really don't care.  I just wanted to include the article for people to take in as food for thought.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Just saw the video on NBCNEWS… He said exactly what was written.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just saw it myself, he has a bad case of foot in mouth disease!  
View Quote

Is it the truth or not?
What he said is no worse than what Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton say again and again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Is it the truth or not?
What he said is no worse than what Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton say again and again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it the truth or not?

+1
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Is it the truth or not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it the truth or not?

The difference is that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are  black! If you go after them in any way the riots of the sixties will look like cookouts compared to what will happen now!!!

There is actually another word I would like to use in reference to those two! I just don't want to get banned! L
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]
And ONLY those two BTW!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I believe this gentleman may have destroyed ANY credibility he "may" have had.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/cliven-bundy-racist-mlk_n_5212526.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#29]
What? Bundy not the poor, honest citizen being taken advantage of by the evil government?? No....I can't believe it,  

Didn't figure it would take long for his mouth to get him in trouble as it has the last 3 decades at least.  The guy is a conman who has manipulated a whole lot of people that should have known better.  Shouldn't take much longer before he runs off most of his supporters when they start to realize he's been using them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I haven't seen any evidence that he is anything different from that, I don't know his finances so I don't know if he's poor or middle class, he's backward on race relations, but there are a lot of people like that and most of them are back east, most people figured out a long time ago there were far more bigots (of both colors) in the north east than down south.

Con man?  I've seen no evidence of that what so ever.  He doesn't like the Federal govt, there's lots of people like that, he only refused to pay grazing fees to BLM, not the state, I saw him characterized as a tax protester, and that is a pretty honest description from what I can see.  Nothing in his personal beliefs changes the fact that BLM sent around 200 armed officers and a SWAT team complete with snipers, to round up cattle on a civil dispute.  Remember, when the BLM sent this force down, it was just him and his family, the protesters showed up a day or so later.

Something I saw today, boy...Putin is sure lucky they don't have the desert tortoise in the Ukraine!

I said this before, what part of a civil dispute justifies lethal force?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What? Bundy not the poor, honest citizen being taken advantage of by the evil government?? No....I can't believe it,  

I haven't seen any evidence that he is anything different from that, I don't know his finances so I don't know if he's poor or middle class, he's backward on race relations, but there are a lot of people like that and most of them are back east, most people figured out a long time ago there were far more bigots (of both colors) in the north east than down south.

Con man?  I've seen no evidence of that what so ever.  He doesn't like the Federal govt, there's lots of people like that, he only refused to pay grazing fees to BLM, not the state, I saw him characterized as a tax protester, and that is a pretty honest description from what I can see.  Nothing in his personal beliefs changes the fact that BLM sent around 200 armed officers and a SWAT team complete with snipers, to round up cattle on a civil dispute.  Remember, when the BLM sent this force down, it was just him and his family, the protesters showed up a day or so later.

Something I saw today, boy...Putin is sure lucky they don't have the desert tortoise in the Ukraine!

I said this before, what part of a civil dispute justifies lethal force?

The part where they got butthurt about a guy not paying them for land use for land they were supposed to give back to the state decades ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Example of media hearding

Fucking media. Should have seen that coming.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I heard rumor that here could be a drone strike on the Bundy ranch. So after a google search,

Liberals are far more violent than a mass shooter

I didn't look in to any of them yet but seems perhaps Liberals are calling and Holder is sending out a notice of a strike in 48 hours. Im gonna look in to some of them but if its true, this alone is pissing me off just by the thought of a possibly legit strike on an American target, on American soil.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Example of media hearding

Fucking government controlled media. Should have seen that coming.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top