Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw that. I'm sadly beginning to think it may take heavier measures that protests to stop these thugs. I hope it doesn't come to that but it sure seems like it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
don`t know if I should be posting this,but a couple of places near me ADDED extra security,and someone I know,his bil is a usmarshall got a call to get packed and squared away.

a few local groups near me are getting and the neighbors are talking,and they hate each other

this could get froggie everywhere now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is Alfalfa Bill when you need him??..  He knew how to handle problems like this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just announced on TV that the BLM is pulling back on the situation in Nevada.  That whole thing was fixing to go in the toilet, it looked like it was headed to a very bad place, and was getting totally out of hand.  Big brother was out in full force, but finally realized they were losing in the court of public opinion.
View Quote

So Public: 1 BLM: 0 now? or still a stalemate?

Wait, since when does the gubment care about public opinion?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
This issue on the TeX/OK border is pretty fuzzy and sounds like it's a legitimate problem but the issue in Colorado, despite what this landowner is saying on his behalf, is cut and dry.  He went to court and lost and was clearly wrong.  He's causing his own problems and I don't have a bit of sympathy for him.  He had every opportunity to move those cattle on his own but he refused knowing full well that if he refused the cattle would be moved by the government.  He's manipulating folks who don't bother to fact check they just want to get riled up every time they hear the word "government".  

Clearly the government has overstepped it's boundaries when they arrested the son for not getting in his vehicle fast enough while not doing anything illegal to begin with but his family has been knowingly illegally grazing that land for many years but doing something illegal for a hundred years doesn't automatically make you free from prosecution (at least in this situation).
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This issue on the TeX/OK border is pretty fuzzy and sounds like it's a legitimate problem but the issue in Colorado, despite what this landowner is saying on his behalf, is cut and dry.  He went to court and lost and was clearly wrong.  He's causing his own problems and I don't have a bit of sympathy for him.  He had every opportunity to move those cattle on his own but he refused knowing full well that if he refused the cattle would be moved by the government.  He's manipulating folks who don't bother to fact check they just want to get riled up every time they hear the word "government".  

Clearly the government has overstepped it's boundaries when they arrested the son for not getting in his vehicle fast enough while not doing anything illegal to begin with but his family has been knowingly illegally grazing that land for many years but doing something illegal for a hundred years doesn't automatically make you free from prosecution (at least in this situation).
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
These people in Nevada are so stupid.  They have this video on the news now where the protestors were supposedly brutalized by the police when they weren't doing anything.  They kept saying that they were the victims and not the aggressors and that the police were the aggressors but if you watch the entire video you never see the police moving against the crowd but backing up and using tasers as the protestors constantly moved at them in waves.

One woman "Margaret" said she was brutalized and thrown on the ground for no reason.  She repeatedly says she did nothing and she was attacked for no reason.  The crowd was getting even more fired up using "Margaret" as the excuse, even the news reporter was in on this.  It was nauseating watching these people constantly getting up the police officers "personal space" and then claiming the police were the aggressors. The police used incredible restraint.  In one case a protestor, a woman, lunges up at police officers and a K-9 shoots out to bite her and the officer holds the dog back even while the woman kicks his dog as he pulls it back to keep it from biting her.  Under normal circumstances that woman should have been taken to the ground and arrested.  Back to "Margaret" who goes on and on about being a victim and how she's a 57 year old cancer victim with 11 kids who didn't do anything wrong when she was thrown on the ground but at the very end of the video she admits, obviously not realizing she just told the truth on camera, that when she was thrown on the ground she was climbing up on the hood of the police truck to try and film the people inside.  So instead of just randomly being thrown on the ground and brutalized as she first said she was actually being pulled off a law enforcement vehicle when she landed on the ground.

I'm all for a full blown protest when it's warranted but this crap in Nevada is a sham and these protestors are a pitiful example of American citizens protesting an injustice.  It's disgusting in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Wtf is going on in Colorado? The BLM is dicking around in Nevada.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure there is more to what is going on in Nevada than what the main stream media is reporting.
Give it some time and the truth will come out...

Wouldn't be the first time the .gov was used to further the personal agenda of a politician.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm sure there is more to what is going on in Nevada than what the main stream media is reporting.

Wouldn't be the first time the .gov was used to further the personal agenda of a politician.
View Quote

Funny thing is i havesnt heard anything of this mess from media, i only heard of it from AM radio last week.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I meant Nevada, not sure why I kept thinking Colorado, I fixed mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Funny thing is i havesnt heard anything of this mess from media, i only heard of it from AM radio last week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been all over the news, KFOR has a video on that's worth watching.  Shows the protestors being aggressive and then blaming the police, a complete opposite of what the protestors claimed and all being led by a news reporter who was doing his best to keep them stirred up and get their "stories" on tape, except he also gets the main woman who was "brutalized for no reason" admitting, unintentionally, that she lied and actually was injured because she was climbing on top of a police truck and was pulled off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The protesters might be getting retarded, maybe on a power trip with the Fed "with draw" but the Feds aint done. They are crying about the Desert Tortoise being "endangered" just to gain access to the land to do This. From what I've heard, the turtles are not endangered by any means and the feds are just strong arming the guy. I know ALL the facts aren't out yet, but Im still more inclined to be on dudes side more so then the .gov.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The protesters might be getting retarded, maybe on a power trip with the Fed "with draw" but the Feds aint done. They are crying about the Desert Tortoise being "endangered" just to gain access to the land to do This. From what I've heard, the turtles are not endangered by any means and the feds are just strong arming the guy. I know ALL the facts aren't out yet, but Im still more inclined to be on dudes side more so then the .gov.
View Quote

This never was about the tortoise, it was about one rancher out of the whole area that refuses to pay his grazing fee's for grazing on federal land.  He has "entitlement fever" and thinks because he decided he doesn't have to pay then he shouldn't have to and he quit paying his fee's years ago while continuing to graze his cattle there.  He went to court, the court ruled he was wrong and must remove his cattle but he refused knowing that if he did not move them the government would be forced to do it themselves.  This rancher owes over a million dollars in unpaid grazing fees and THAT is why this is happening.  Even his neighbors dislike the guy because he's always been a problem child in the area and they all pay their grazing fees but he thinks he's somehow entitled to graze for free. I would guess that 99.9% of the people out there protesting or supporting his side have never taken the time to read all the facts because if they did they wouldn't be doing it.  He's just a con man who has been manipulating the system and everyone around him and should be arrested and jailed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I know it was never about the turtle, but the .gov has been trying to play that angle to get on the land… and have failed.

The .gov also reduced the available grazing area by 90% and increased the grazing fee, which helped run ranchers off back in the 90s. He refused to sign the new contract and thus didn't have to pay if he didn't sign. Every place I've looked says his neighbors have all been run off, he's the last man standing and that he has caused no issue to anyone but big brother. Where are you getting that he's a con and everyone near him hates him?

Note: Im not getting any info from lame stream media. I hardly hear a peep out of them about this.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know it was never about the turtle, but the .gov has been trying to play that angle to get on the land… and have failed.

The .gov also reduced the available grazing area by 90% and increased the grazing fee, which helped run ranchers off back in the 90s. He refused to sign the new contract and thus didn't have to pay if he didn't sign. Every place I've looked says his neighbors have all been run off, he's the last man standing and that he has caused no issue to anyone but big brother. Where are you getting that he's a con and everyone near him hates him?

Note: Im not getting any info from lame stream media. I hardly hear a peep out of them about this.
View Quote

Msnbc
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Found this a little Interesting. Explains a bit about the BLM and the bullshit they pull.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Found this a little Interesting. Explains a bit about the BLM and the bullshit they pull.
View Quote

There you go...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Yall getting anymore info about the TX/OK border situation?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yall getting anymore info about the TX/OK border situation?
View Quote

They are trying to move the Oklahoma border south by 300 miles but the Texans are afraid they might lose Dallas. Ft. Worth they don't care about but it's something they have about some football team they have in Dallas that they don't want to lose.
Hell, I guess they don't realize some boy from Arkansas owns it already.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Dallas has a football team? Hogwash I say
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#25]
How many professional teams does Oklahoma have?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many teams do we have that have made a bowl game

ETA: Page 2 ownage!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And where do all of those players come from? Texas.

/discussion
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Well played...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page ownage fail. Must be called without edits.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it matter? The thread is derailed already
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes it does.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#33]
One of the issues in Nevada lies in the Feds do not have the right to regulate state lands except the lands the feds are authorized to control such as federal buildings and federal parks etc. I can't remember the source but the feds are limited by law to lands they have control over in the states.

The federal judge that sided against the rancher in Nevada ruled in violation of the current law. A fight that has yet to be taken to a higher court properly.

It is also a interesting to note that SEN Harry Reid is close friends with a Chinese guy who plans to build a solar power station about 50 miles away from the site where the cattle are grazing. That site has desert tortoises which must be moved to a remediation area before construction can begin. The remediation area is........the current site where the cattle are grazing. This isn't about grazing fees, which the feds don't have legal right to assess in the first place, it's about lining Harry Reid's pockets.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#34]
The whole situation is about water. The Chinese are buying off elected federal officials to control markets i.e. the incadescent light bulb being illegal to manufacture now. All our fluorescent lamps are now made in China.
If the corrupted feds can gain control of the water in the Red River like tne river Bundy's ranch is on, they will control population growth. Even T Boone Pickens is selling water he is pumping out of the aquifer in the Texas panhandle. The Chinese will end up owning the water through front companies designated as the distributors by the federal government.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top