Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2014 5:13:17 PM EDT
Do any of you guys get together at any of the ranges around okc to shoot? I need a new group of shooting buddies. I've been in the state a year and never seem to find anyone to go with. I usually end up going once a week by myself my hats not always a bad thing though
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
We tried one a couple months ago and the only ones that actually showed up was Leemozoid and my sis and I.  For some reason people just don't show up, we had fun so that's all that matters.  Leemo brought some very cool toys so people missed out for sure.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
history has not been kind to OKHTF shoots. the last (maybe only) succesful one was before my time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
history has not been kind to OKHTF shoots. the last (maybe only) succesful one was before my time.
View Quote

We had some REALLY successful shoots in the early 2000s. 2 yrs in a row we had a guy have us out to his place down in S.E. Oklahoma for a full auto, long range, short pistol range, tanerite shooting good good time! My son was about 8 at the time, got him on video shooting an M16 22LR conversion on full auto! Had a great great time.....that was years ago tho. After that we did have a couple shoots at Lexington where alot of guys showed up. And a shoot or 2 at Thunderbird that was good as well. Its been a while tho since theres been another gathering like those times tho.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think a fair number would be interested if we could find a date that would please most, you can't please everyone, but if you can find a reasonable date that most are available, they would be up for it.

As I recall, the last one that Brandi was talking about, it was colder than crap!  Of course in Oklahoma, it always seems like its too cold or too hot!
View Quote

CMP Games the rest of this week at the OKC Gun Club. Open to the public. Weather will be perfect except for a little breeze. Look for the fat boy in the green LaRue dillo hat and yellow R/O vest. Stop me and say hey!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a shame. I've been working the last couple that were announced, but i'd really like to meet some local Arfcommers and do some shooting. I've actually met quite a few more from Texas and even Arkansas than locals.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be down with meeting a bunch of the local folks too!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
We could always try another one, before it gets hot would be great
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
We did have some good shoots in the past, would be fun to get them going again.  Finding a time and place is the biggest constraint.  So are we going to try and do this?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
i'd do my best to show up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Like always, depends on where and when.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I would love to go, if the date is a time I could go, I understand that finding a date for everyone to go would be difficult.  but if you guys pick a date and a place, I would do my best to be there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#13]
In.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Would be nice if we had someone with their own land where we could shoot and have a "get together".  OKCGC is ok but anyone not a member has to go as a guest and members are limited to the number of guests they can have.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#15]
In the past we did it at Lexington, Thunderbird Range and even El Reno (Banner).  Two of the three cost admission, the other requires a hunting lic to shoot there.  I am for the Lexington route, Thunderbird Range mentioned something to the effect that Sundays are out.  Most people want to do it on a Sat, or Sunday.  I prefer Sunday too.  But if someone was to host a shoot that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#16]
If we can wrangle a private area, assuming I can go of course, I can smoke a pork butt and make pulled pork for whoever shows up (my pulled pork is like heavenly unicorn BBQ ).
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I come down once a month and I would like to attend one if you guys can come up with a date.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd be intrested myself. I'm new to the AR platform and could use some tips.

Coz
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Once we hit summer temps, I'm out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

What like probably next week lol...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a buddy that has land , I'll talk to him to see if he would let us use his place . As long as we pick up after ourselves it shouldn't be a problem. If anyone else has an idea we should get the ideas together and vote on it. Maybe get some dealers involved or........ Ar15.com is in texas now so maybe an Arfcom shoot could be established.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#23]
where's the land?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I was curious about that myself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm game. I'm off weekends these days so it's whatever. As long as I don't have to drive 3 hours away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Sure would be fun, folks could show off their AR's, do some shooting, bring your coolest stuff and give others a chance to see/shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#27]
If it is on a date/time that I am free I would come.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Lacey and I along with Bryan and his wife would allow for up to eight guests at the OKC Gun Club and I'm sure a few more wouldn't be a problem. It will have to be on a Sunday for us to participate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lacey and I along with Bryan and his wife would allow for up to eight guests at the OKC Gun Club and I'm sure a few more wouldn't be a problem. It will have to be on a Sunday for us to participate.
View Quote

Sundays are best for me too.  Trigger time
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#30]
just got back from the HTF shoot.  no one showed but me. got to shoot cool guns, though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
just got back from the HTF shoot.  no one showed but me. got to shoot cool guns, though.
View Quote

Wait, when was today agreed on?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was just joking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#33]
yeah, forgot the smiley.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#34]
If and when we do this, i'll be happy to bring along some suppressors. If it was a night shoot, i'd have IR lasers, NVG's, all that fun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I have my own tiny range (100 yards long, 40 yards wide, 12 ft berm) with a little bit of steel on it. It's near Chandler but I won't be available until this fall. I've done some home-brew multigun shooting with buddies but I don't have too many target stands (only about half a dozen or so is all). I'd like to buy some more steel but that stuff is expensive so what I have will still be limited by this fall. What are you guys looking to do? Just shoot dirt clods, USPA, IDPA, 3-Gun?

Here is a map to get you close, this isn't where I live but it is within a few miles. Map

Quoted:
If and when we do this, i'll be happy to bring along some suppressors. If it was a night shoot, i'd have IR lasers, NVG's, all that fun stuff.
View Quote

If I win TNVC's giveaway I'll make sure we have a night shoot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#36]
My initial idea was just an informal gathering, not a competition.  Everyone bring what they like to shoot or show off, maybe some BBQ, depending on where we have it.  Chandler is out for me, a drive that far would leave me too gimped up to shoot.  As Leemozoid said we could do a day at OKCGC but they are limited to eight guests so anyone outside of that would have to be a member.  Of course if there were more OKCGC members they could host a couple guests, still private land would be best if we can swing it.  No one place will be good for everyone unfortunately so hopefully we can find something that works for most.

Ideally, if we had a private location a two day "official" weekend shoot would be the way to go but we are land poor so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#37]
aahh, Sunday morning in / at the rainge.
not bad at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top