Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2014 12:42:07 PM EDT
The one at the west end of the Quanah Parker Twy. $5/box of 50, limit two boxes. This was as of noon today.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it Aguila? Crappy Mexican ammo with crappy QC and reputation for causing unexpected destructive modifications to your gun.  Last time I was at Academy they had stacks of Aguila but nothing else.  People kept walking in and asking if they had .22 and walking out when they said all they had was Aguila, smart decision in my opinion.

What kind was it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was it Aguila? Crappy Mexican ammo with crappy QC and reputation for causing unexpected destructive modifications to your gun.  Last time I was at Academy they had stacks of Aguila but nothing else.  People kept walking in and asking if they had .22 and walking out when they said all they had was Aguila, smart decision in my opinion.

What kind was it?
View Quote

It was a yellow box but since I don't need any .22 I didn't pay too much attention. The box was printed different than the subsonic Aguila I have.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Aguila is bad?  Hrm...Better not tell that to the single-shot bolt-action .22 I've been shooting their subsonic stuff out of...or the Thompson I've shot a half dozen boxes of their .45 out of.  Wouldn't want either of them to suddenly explode...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt a hot .22 would hurt a bolt action rifle, but yeah, if you look hard enough you'll find several cases of guns going KB using Aguila.  I do know of one story where the guy said they reimbursed him for a new gun but don't know about the others.  Lot's of people use them with no problems but with my luck I would end up with the bad stuff.  I just think it's crappy quality control but bad QC in the ammo business is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Your Google-fu needs to wax on and wax off lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top