Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 8:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The town immediately south of the river is Taloga. The location is basically a mile or so north of Taloga across the river.
Seiling is a bit north of there.
Have we got any Obama volunteers yet to hold the Tannerite?????  
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
So, assuming I decide to go, this pew pew party starts at 9am and goes thru till when? Also what's the SOP on what to bring? Guns obviously but how much ammo is considered sufficient? Anyone know if there are restroom facilities anywhere in a 5 mile radius? Will milk be made available? (Funny "Breakfast Club" reference).  I know there is talk of full auto being there, which I would love to shoot, so how to decide what kind of ammo to bring for those?
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually take the ammo for the guns I bring. I'd say bring plenty of 5.56 and 45 ACP.
If you have an AK, bring some 7.62x39 because they are usually all types of AKs to shoot.
Maybe even some 5.45 too.
I plan on leaving as late as I possibly can and make a soccer game in OKC that afternoon. Depending on the time of the game being scheduled of course.
I'll be there at least an hour or so unless the game is changed to the morning.
As far as facilities, the closest one will probably be the convenience store in Taloga a couple of miles away unless you want to visit the bushes.
ETA Jeff is bringing his Uzi so bring some 9mm if you want to shoot it. Most guys that bring the guns with a happy switch will let you shoot them if you have the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, assuming I decide to go, this pew pew party starts at 9am and goes thru till when? Also what's the SOP on what to bring? Guns obviously but how much ammo is considered sufficient? Anyone know if there are restroom facilities anywhere in a 5 mile radius? Will milk be made available? (Funny "Breakfast Club" reference).  I know there is talk of full auto being there, which I would love to shoot, so how to decide what kind of ammo to bring for those?

5.56 and. 9mm so far
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I am bringing 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, 9mm, .45acp, & 22LR

Most of the F/A's will run about 8-15rds per second of sustained fire.  *It can get expensive very quick depending on caliber and finger control.

With my RDIAS you empty a 30rd mag in about 3 seconds with sustained fire, I have been trying to "slow" it down with various buffer weights and timing adjustments with minor success.

Bring as much ammo as you want, if you don't use it you can tote it home or donate it to me for future use.

I am going to try to show up at around 9am, and will stay as long as the fun is happening.

Does anyone have a shot timer they can bring out, mine went somewhere and evidently stayed there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I placed an order with sgammo last night. Should be here in the morning. It's not a whole lot, but it should be enough for a little fun.

Once that's done I'll be shooting .22lr and eating ramen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I placed an order with sgammo last night. Should be here in the morning. It's not a whole lot, but it should be enough for a little fun.

Once that's done I'll be shooting .22lr and eating ramen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you double tapping in anticipation?
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exercising my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I thought you were just trying to get the point across of how much you love the ramen.  

What's your favorite flavor? I'll bring some for you, just to help a brother out
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I thought you were just trying to get the point across of how much you love the ramen.  

What's your favorite flavor? I'll bring some for you, just to help a brother out

Thanks, but my ramen fort is even larger than my ammo fort.

Speaking of ammo, the man in the brown truck dropped it off this morning. It's the first time I've had any delivery service comment on how heavy my package was.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Just left Steve at Cold Hand Arms. He said he's planning on coming and will bring MGs for people to shoot if they bring the ammo....
Hear that Brandi. Here's your chance to put a hundred dollars on the ground in short order.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks, but my ramen fort is even larger than my ammo fort.

Speaking of ammo, the man in the brown truck dropped it off this morning. It's the first time I've had any delivery service comment on how heavy my package was.

We get it all the time from our "man in brown"
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just left Steve at Cold Hand Arms. He said he's planning on coming and will bring MGs for people to shoot if they bring the ammo....
Hear that Brandi. Here's your chance to put a hundred dollars on the ground in short order.

Bring ammo.......LOTS of ammo, tons of it, make him work to clean that toy collection by the first Friday of May
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I may not be able to make it Saturday. Started a new job and not sure if I can get off Saturday. If I can make it, I'll bring an AR45, AR15 pistol holster, ar15 in 7.62x39 and maybe my 1897 shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Ill bring my M16A4-gery along with my shotty and 1911. If i can get some ammo loaded, ill bust out my M1 and Mosin Nagant 91
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ill bring my M16A4-gery along with my shotty and 1911. If i can get some ammo loaded, ill bust out my M1 and Mosin Nagant 91

I am bringin' my M4ish and maybe a few of rounds, but scads of EMPTY new 30rd magazines

I might bring out my "overscoped" heavy ass 20" and/or a 16" piston driven and who knows maybe even a pistol or two
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like we are going to have a good time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody going from the Norman/Noble area and wanna pool up? Even someone in Moore/OKC... It's a wee far for me to go unless I pitch in some gas mine or ride the bike which severely limits me on how much I can bring, although I can break down ARs and such and strap them down.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Is there some place good to grab some breakfast between Guthrie & Taloga?  I'll be taking hwy33.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure how far west you live, but you can shoot up NW HIghway to Kingfisher to hit Hwy 33.
Cashion has a a pretty good breakfast spot right there by the water tower, next to Stroh's Surplus that is pretty renown in the oil field.
They use to have great cinnamon rolls. Next to Eischen's, it's probably the best place to eat in Kingfisher County.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anybody going from the Norman/Noble area and wanna pool up? Even someone in Moore/OKC... It's a wee far for me to go unless I pitch in some gas mine or ride the bike which severely limits me on how much I can bring, although I can break down ARs and such and strap them down.

If you don't find someone to ride with by then you can stop by my place in Weatherford and I'll drive the rest of the way.  I'll be leaving at 8am.  No charge for gas since I'll be driving either way.  It'll save you about 100 miles round trip.  My dad is borrowing the purple truck so you won't have to worry about the shame.

I'll pm you my number.  I won't be online hardly any this week so give me a call the night before if you want to meet up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not sure how far west you live, but you can shoot up NW HIghway to Kingfisher to hit Hwy 33.
Cashion has a a pretty good breakfast spot right there by the water tower, next to Stroh's Surplus that is pretty renown in the oil field.
They use to have great cinnamon rolls. Next to Eischen's, it's probably the best place to eat in Kingfisher County.

I live in between Edmond and Guthrie
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in between Edmond and Guthrie

You can take Waterloo to Okarche. I don't know why I said Cashion when I meant Okarche.
The Riverside Gas/Truck Stop on Hwy 33 and Hwy 74 serves a decent breakfast. I usually eat breakfast in there during deer season. The food ain't bad and it ain't great but it's plentiful and it's price right.

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You can take Waterloo to Okarche. I don't know why I said Cashion when I meant Okarche.
The Riverside Gas/Truck Stop on Hwy 33 and Hwy 74 serves a decent breakfast. I usually eat breakfast in there during deer season. The food ain't bad and it ain't great but it's plentiful and it's price right.

Don't think I'm stopping at ANY truckstop you recommend

After reading about you and truck stops on OKHTF only PC or Ratt would take your suggestions

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't think I'm stopping at ANY truckstop you recommend
So you much prefer working the Interstate ones?
After reading about you and truck stops on OKHTF only PC or Ratt would take your suggestions

Stop at McDonalds then.

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Is this range surplus friendly? Between school and work I wont get enough 7.62x54R loaded to justify my M91
If surplus is ok then ill bring it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#28]
It's a sand pit in the country. I don't think the berms care if they get hit with mil surplus or reloads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Then my M91 will come out to play
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey guys.

I'm going to have to play this one by ear.  We may have to go down and pick up a big box van saturday morning in Dallas.  If I can't make it to this shoot, we will plan another event to where people can shoot our full auto guns.  It sounds like Robert and Senator Russel will have some of their toys out there to help feed to machine gun hunger.  :)

On a good note, we are getting this box van specifically for full auto shoots.  It's a snap-on truck for machine guns.  When we get done, I promise it will be cooler than anything you've seen in a long time.

I would like to thank everyone for your support and business.

Steve
Cold Hand Arms
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hey guys.

I'm going to have to play this one by ear.  We may have to go down and pick up a big box van saturday morning in Dallas.  If I can't make it to this shoot, we will plan another event to where people can shoot our full auto guns.  It sounds like Robert and Senator Russel will have some of their toys out there to help feed to machine gun hunger.  :)

On a good note, we are getting this box van specifically for full auto shoots.  It's a snap-on truck for machine guns.  When we get done, I promise it will be cooler than anything you've seen in a long time.

Steve
Cold Hand Arms

Are you gonna put gun turrets in it?  
If you do, can I borrow it?

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys.

Steve
Cold Hand Arms

Are you gonna put gun turrets in it?  
If you do, can I we borrow it?

The OKHTF invades Tejas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey guys.

Steve
Cold Hand Arms

Will it be a "Game Changer" though?
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys.

Steve
Cold Hand Arms

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You forgot to ask if it's every been done before.
You cracked a good one Suzoo!

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#37]
NEVA BEN DUN B4 !!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#38]
If our make up soccer game is scheduled in the morning, I'm not going to make it this time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If our make up soccer game is scheduled in the morning, I'm not going to make it this time.

Do we need it to be mid-day?
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Keep it at 9 AM. The make up game  may get washed out a second time.
Who knows what the weather will do?
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#41]
If it's never been done before then Red Jacket will do it! Wait.....I think that's backwards. If it's already been done then Red Jacket will do it and 'say' it's never been done before!  Yeah, that's it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Went shooting today with some friends.  I may be bringing my guns to the shoot Ndenway style if I don't find time this evening to clean them.

That S&W isn't nearly as nice to look at with gunpowder residue on it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#43]
So 0900 up in taloga tomorrow right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So 0900 up in taloga tomorrow right?

Who's bringing the beer??

Just kidding. And all guns I bring will be dirty I haven't cleaned for quite a few rounds
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I won't be there at 0900 but ill be thereabouts. Anyone in Okc need/want a ride up there? Shoot me a PM, preferably before midnight, and see what we can work out. Otherwise, Ill show up sometime after 9.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't makie it. Turns out my original diagnosis of Bronchitis was wrong. Turns out I'm having an allergic reaction to my hypertension meds and now I'm on serious antibiotics and anti - drug allergy meds. I'll be a wet noodle for the next 3 days. Yeah me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok so we know its off Hywy 183, but what side? East? West?
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#48]
North of Taliban past the river or whatever then it looks to be on the right (East)
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Can't make it tomorrow guys. Daughter's college senior recital got bumped by last weekend's weather. Gotta do the right thing. But after May, I will likely be freed up to do more one the legislature is completely behind me (and the capitol in the rear view mirror). Steve
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok so 3 down, this is still a go right?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top